• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Garage Sale Profits: Joe & Diane's Tips for Booking Shows

In summary, setting up a small display beside your other "stuff" can get some good leads at a flea market.
PamperedChefDude
We have our semi-annual garage sale scheduled the first weekend of November. What is the best way to display items, make sales and book shows? We're hoping it will give us another avenue for bookings.

Thanks!
Joe & Diane Schalk
Pampered Chef Dude & Dudette

Garage sales aren't always the best places to sell our items, most people are there looking for a bargain, and might give you a quarter for it. That being said, you have nothing to lose if you try it, I've set up a card table with a tablecloth, a few items, the mini catalogs and a sign up list to receive my monthly emails. If you see people hovering by the table, then start a conversation with them, might get you a booking, never know

PamperedChefDude said:
We have our semi-annual garage sale scheduled the first weekend of November. What is the best way to display items, make sales and book shows? We're hoping it will give us another avenue for bookings.

Thanks!
Joe & Diane Schalk
Pampered Chef Dude & Dudette

I just had a table out and displayed like I do at a fair - asked people to fill out drawing slip for Free $25 gc. I had my cash & carry items around my table - most I explained were regular price and new in boxes, save the cost of shipping. I also had a bunch of "sales" where I put post it on them with the regular price, and sale price (just $5 off or so, depending on how much I wanted to sell it). I had the rectangular woven filled with door prizes with prices on post-its on them (regular $4 for mini spreader, etc) and Season Bests. I sold about $80 (including a preorder baker), got LOTS of recruit and show leads.... one just booked a November catalog/web show. Our sale was in the spring! Good luck! :)

I didn't have any luck with my yard sale. They were looking for a "bargain" and wasn't interested. Hopefully, you will have better luck.

I had a coffee table for sale, and I put some old cattys there. I met 2 neighbors who had kids (going to the bus stop) and they are interested in hosting a show. A few people took catalogs as well.

That was on Friday and the impromtu garage sale lasted about 1 hour due to rain. Pretty good for one hour?!

I took part in a flea market last weekend and set up a small display beside my other "stuff". I didn't get any PC sales, but I got some good leads including a possible recruit. Definitely, you have nothing to lose. I was raffling off a gift certificate too.

1. How can I use garage sale profits to book shows with Pampered Chef?

To maximize your garage sale profits and book shows with Pampered Chef, follow Joe and Diane's tips:

• Set up a booth at your garage sale and display Pampered Chef products.
  • Offer discounts or special deals to customers who book a show with you.
  • Have a sign-up sheet available for interested customers to schedule a show.
  • Use the profits from your garage sale to invest in new products for your shows.
  • Follow up with customers who signed up for a show and offer them special incentives.

2. How do I market my Pampered Chef products at a garage sale?

There are a few ways to effectively market your Pampered Chef products at a garage sale:

• Create eye-catching displays with your products and their uses.
  • Offer samples and demonstrations to attract customers.
  • Use social media to promote your garage sale and Pampered Chef products.
  • Collaborate with other consultants to cross-promote each other's products.
  • Include information about Pampered Chef and your products in your garage sale advertisements.

3. What types of products should I feature at a garage sale to maximize my profits?

To maximize your profits, it's important to feature a variety of Pampered Chef products at your garage sale, including:

• Popular and new products
  • Seasonal items
  • Limited edition or discontinued items
  • Products with a wide range of prices
  • Products that can be easily demonstrated or sampled

4. How do I effectively communicate the benefits of booking a show with me to customers at my garage sale?

To effectively communicate the benefits of booking a show with you, try these strategies:

• Have a script prepared to explain the perks of hosting a show, such as free products, discounts, and exclusive offers.
  • Show customers the potential savings they can get by hosting a show.
  • Offer a special deal or discount for customers who book a show at your garage sale.
  • Provide customer testimonials or success stories from previous hosts.
  • Be enthusiastic and passionate about your products and the benefits of hosting a show.

5. How can I encourage customers to sign up for a show at my garage sale?

To encourage customers to sign up for a show at your garage sale, try these tactics:

• Offer a special incentive, such as a free product or discount, for customers who book a show.
  • Have a sign-up sheet readily available and make it easy for customers to sign up.
  • Provide information about the benefits of hosting a show and answer any questions customers may have.
  • Follow up with customers who expressed interest in hosting a show but did not sign up right away.
  • Offer a limited-time promotion or discount for customers who book a show on the spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefDude
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Cassie1037
Replies
Views
PCBeliever
  • MSmith
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies