• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can consultants afford to offer free incentives like stoneware?

In summary, Renee recommends putting a lot of simple, easy-to-read materials in your host packet, with emphasis on using the catalogs and order forms that come with the Pampered Chef software. She also suggests including a "see flyer" reminder for the host special, and sending invitations only if the host asks for them. Finally, she suggests printing and carrying around a "show strategy" guide to help keep hosts organized and on track.
chefpelkey
I've been looking at what is available on here for help with my host packets. Would anyone mind sharing thiers? I am trying to not overdo it but would like to create a professional looking packet. I see on many past host letters that consultants are offering an incentive for X amount of dollars for things like outside orders before the show. How can people (cons) afford to do things like free stoneware? Maybe I'm just being cheap. I have a hard time sometimes spending money to make money. HELP!

Renee

There are a LOT of threads about what people put in their packets.The common thread is that simpler is better. If you put too much stuff in your packet, you're throwing money away for the copies because hosts just aren't going to read it all.The extra incentives some consultants offer do come out of their own pocket. If you want to do something similar, you can change it up to something less expensive, or put a restriction (like the show must hit $500 in order to get the bonus).My host packs consist of:
5 order forms (my own, copyable)
3 guest special flyers
3 catalogs total
1 envelope, stamped and addressed to me, with a stick note "Use this to collect outside orders and payment"
Cooking Show Planning Guide
1 copy of host special flyer
Do you Love a Bargain Flyer (Joy puts together a great one on tastytidbits.net!)
Invite packet: cover letter, addressed envelope, 45 labels (1 1/2 sheets), and the 40 guests in 4 minutes sheet

What is this tastytidbits.net? Thanks so much for your help with this! I am just feeling a little overwhelmed with everything!

My host packs consist of:

5 or 6 order forms with a note to copy as needed - Pampered Chef's downloadable outside order form. It says it all and has the guest special pictured on it - no need for a separate guest special flyer.

3 catalogs for cooking show/4 for catalog show

Cooking Show Planning Guide - I highlight and put notes on it (like "I will send your invitations and make your reminder calls to save you time") - I write "see flyer" in the place where you can write in the host special and "see outside order form" where you can write in the guest special so she knows where to find those.

1 copy of host special flyer

Invitations (pack of 40) with a note with tips to using them unless I know she wants me to send the invitations - if she does, I send her a few to hand out to those who come to mind after she sent me the list at the same time I mail the guest ones out so she gets what they get when they get it.

Your life your way flyer

During my host coaching we talk about bookings and I email the host the do you love a bargain flyer if they want to see it early - otherwise they get it at their show.

I used to print all kinds of other flyers and great things I made up or found here and at other sites but I found that most hosts do not look at or want all of that. Just give them the basics and use the phone to share the other info! It's key to TALK to your host regularly to keep them excited and to give them the information as they are ready to hear it. Too many papers in the host packet just overwhelms most people.

Great advice-thanks. Would you mind sharing your tips for invitations?

Renee

chefpelkey said:
Great advice-thanks. Would you mind sharing your tips for invitations?

Renee

I write out and also SAY to the host:
Tell everyone you about your party and use the invitations as reminders to those who say yes, maybe and those you left messages with

I have a sticker I add to the pack of invitations that says:

Hand out all invitations

Show Strategy: 5 orders before, 15 at the show and 5 orders after = one successful show

Here's what my packets include:

3 catalogs
5 OOFs
Host special
Guest special
Package of invitations
Cooking show planner
Recipe choices for the month, along with the list of ingredients
Your Life, Your Way brochure
Reminder about the kit credit

I would like to start putting a host letter in my packets too. All I do right now is put a quick "thank you" note on the show planner.

HTH! :)

Right now mine have been including:

* Show planner.
* Catalogs (2 for regular show, at least 3 for catalog.)
* Host coaching letter (taken from here and modified to fit my needs.)
* Postcard invites if it's a live show. The host coaching letter states that these are only for HAND DELIVERED invites. I mail full-sheet invitations.
* A sheet of labels (avery, 30 to a page) with the info related to the show on it. If the host does NOT have e-mail, I also enclose a second sheet of blank labels for the host to hand-write address info.
* The Do You Love a Bargain flyer, because it includes host special info for the current month and months in the future, letting the hosts know what's in it for them if they get someone to host a show.
* TEN outside order forms (I heard somewhere that that is a subtle way of conveying your expectations.) I find them on this site, and customize them to contain my info. (People who order this way will get a printout from P3 with their order info on it.)
* The half price kit flyer from Consultant's Corner.

chefpelkey said:
I've been looking at what is available on here for help with my host packets. Would anyone mind sharing thiers? I am trying to not overdo it but would like to create a professional looking packet. I see on many past host letters that consultants are offering an incentive for X amount of dollars for things like outside orders before the show. How can people (cons) afford to do things like free stoneware? Maybe I'm just being cheap. I have a hard time sometimes spending money to make money. HELP!

Renee

I think that some of us that offer more than others (I do) can do it because this is just a hobby that pays for itself. I work another fulltime job that pays the bills. Next year when I try to retire from my other job I won't be able to give away so much anymore.

What is included in a Host Packet?

A Host Packet typically includes a catalog, order forms, invitations, and a host-exclusive product flyer. Some packets may also include special offers or promotions.

How do I earn free products with a Host Packet?

As a host, you can earn free products by hosting a party and inviting your friends and family to shop. The more your guests purchase, the more free products you will earn.

Can I customize my Host Packet?

Yes, you can customize your Host Packet by choosing which products you would like to feature and personalizing the invitations with your name and party information. You can also add any special requests or preferences to your packet.

How do I get a Host Packet?

You can get a Host Packet by hosting a party with a Pampered Chef consultant. Simply contact your consultant and they will provide you with a packet and help you plan your party.

What are the benefits of hosting a party with a Host Packet?

Hosting a party with a Host Packet offers many benefits, including earning free products, receiving exclusive host rewards, and enjoying a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • cookiebug