• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Is Expecting More Than 20 Guests!!!!

In summary, JenWoW! is planning to have a large party with more than 20 guests. They are unsure of what to do with all the people and want input from the community. They have a game called "Got It! Love It!" which they believe will be fun but also take up a lot of time. They also suggested selling squares or raffle tickets. If the games are not what the community would prefer, they suggest something else be done.
chefjenibel
What do I do?!?! I am freaking out, but in a good way! :eek:
I am making the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake and the Chicken & Broccoli Ring. The recipe part isn't freaking me out. I always play games at my shows and try to make them fun and upbeat. But I don't know what to do with that many people! I've never done "Got It! Love It!", "Love It!, Gotta Get It!", but I was thinking of trying it that night. I also thought with a crowd like that, maybe a Q&A about my business would be good. What do you all think? Do you have any other ideas? This will be my highest attendance ever, and I've been doing this for 2 years! If I do those games, would you recommend tickets or candy? I usually do Hershey's Kisses.
A game I play A LOT is where you have all guests write the name of a kitchen product they want to replace, then list 5 reasons why. Then have them replace the product with their husband/sig other/boss' name and read them aloud. It is HILARIOUS, but I'm afraid with that many people, it will take up way too much time! What do you think?
Any input would be great! Thanks in advance!:D
Jen

WoW! more then 20 guest. That is awesome! The Q&A about the business is a good one to do with that many people. Really I might ask the Host how long she expects the party to last. If she is expecting it to be a long time then you could play what you want. I've never heard of "Got It! Love It!", "Love It!, Gotta Get It!" is that a game?? If so could you send it it me, I appreciate it. Thanks.. Anyway back to the subject at hand. Do you want booking from this show? If so, the game I always like playing is called "Lets Make a Deal!" I have 4 envelopes with various thing in them like free shipping to 10% off. You can put what you want in them. I have the person on my left pick and envelope then we play "Left Right" game so it will get passed around. After that is over I'll ask the person who ended up with it if they want to keep the envelope since they weren't the ones that picked it or trade it for another. they make up their mind. Then I tell them they can trade the envelope for a prize or I will double what is in the envelope and offer a special gift if they book a show tonight. It's never failed me on getting bookings. But it is a lot of fun too and it doesn't take a lot of time to do. I do have a book of consultant games if you would like me to forward it to you and you can look through it.
Have fun at the Party!!

Could I get a copy of the book of games?

[email protected]

Thanks,
Amanda

Raffel tickets for Q&A about businessI just starting doing this, as a suggestion from the executive director, give the hostess 10 raffel tickets to hand out to anyone who asks you about your business during the presentation. I usually do it when I'm wraping up the recipe. I say "ok, I've got 10 tickets here. I'm an open book, ask me anything you want about the PC business opportunity. Each time someone asks a question, they get a ticket, they write their name on the back, and at the end I draw for a door prize." It works really well.

That's a good idea Liz! With 20 guests maybe have 20 tickets or even 30 just to make sure everyone gets their questions answered. With a group this large maybe try selling squares for $2 each or sell the raffle tickets for a bigger prize. If you don't have anything big to give away make it a gift certificate for whatever value the tickets add up to. Even better add $20 to the value of the gift certificate if she books a show.

I think Got It Love It is good. I usually toss the Smartee candies, bcause after all, they are smarties for having our products. And do the hot potato game. With that many people it will be fun.

Cute idea Anne about the smarties! I bet they are cheaper than kisses too!

Kathi, if the games are different than the games files on here, can you please forward me a copy? I appreciate it :) Great idea!
Thank you!

[email protected]

i'm sorry.. I forgot to say Wow Jen!! thats great!! I hope you have a $1,000 show or MORE! :)

Can anyone send me a copy of the "Got It! Love it! Love it! Gotta Get It!" Or explain to me how it works? I've never heard of it. Thanks

Tina - I don't know if the games are the same but these seem very similar to the ones in the pdf file. All I know is the file I have is 200 Consultant Games.

Got it! Love it!Basically, as you are doing your demo, when you bring up a product, guests either yell out, Got it! Love it!, or Love it! Gotta Get it! and the first to do that gets a ticket/candy/whatever. At the end of the game, the one with the most wins a door prize. Gets the group going and paying attention to what you're doing. HTH! Thanks for all of your encouragement and ideas, ladies (and gents)!
Jen

Can you send me the games too, [email protected]

Hope you have a $1000 show....I have a show friday and the lady called today and said i have at least 25 people coming, and i haven't even called a bunch of people on my list. She sent out 60 invitations....So i'm going to be freaking out a long side of ya....btw, this lady lives in a single wide, where are we going to put everyone?...haha...i guess they will have to sit on the floor...

With big crowds, you'll often have lots guests off talking. Don't be offended! Invite those people who seem to be paying attention to move closer to your presentation (it can be really loud). You may want to avoid games. . .it's going to take you awhile to check out 20-25 people. Short and sweet may be golden in this situation. I'd suggest you cover host benefits (recruiting?) RIGHT AWAY while people are still listening. The Got It! Love It! game might be good as it could keep more people engaged.

Good luck and enjoy!

chefjenibel said:
A game I play A LOT is where you have all guests write the name of a kitchen product they want to replace, then list 5 reasons why. Then have them replace the product with their husband/sig other/boss' name and read them aloud. It is HILARIOUS, but I'm afraid with that many people, it will take up way too much time!

I love to play this game at a show with lots of people...

What I do is keep the papers in a bowl on my table (or around it)...when things seem to be getting crazy, or if I have a dull spot (I'm chopping or whatever), I say..."Okay, who belongs to [name]" Then, I read the paper. It gets things focused back on me, which can be a challenge sometimes with a large show! Don't do them all at once, that's way to much. Space them out!

Related to Host Is Expecting More Than 20 Guests!!!!

1. How many guests can I invite to a Pampered Chef party?

There is no limit to the number of guests you can invite to a Pampered Chef party. However, we recommend keeping the guest list to 20 or fewer for the best experience.

2. Do I need to provide food for my guests?

No, you do not need to provide food for your guests. As the host, you are responsible for providing a clean and comfortable space for the party, and your Pampered Chef consultant will handle the food and cooking demonstrations.

3. Can I request specific recipes for the party?

Yes, you can request specific recipes for your party. Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to customize the menu to your preferences and dietary restrictions.

4. How long will the party last?

The average Pampered Chef party lasts about 2-3 hours. However, the duration can vary depending on the number of guests and the menu you have selected.

5. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for guests?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement for guests. However, we do offer special incentives and rewards for guests who make a purchase at the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • pcchefjane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies