• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Invitations: Tips for Gathering Names & Addresses - Expert Advice

In summary, the host should send a list of guests to the consultant within three days, and if the consultant gets the list back within a week, they are rewarded with a hospitality bonus.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I just recently started offering to mail out invites for my hosts. Finally one of them took me up on the offer. Here's my question...

What do I send her as far as labels or whatever. What do you have them do as far as getting you the names and addresses back to you. I need to send her the host packet soon!

Do I have her put all the names and addresses on a sticky label or what? Paper then I hand write them??? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

I use the guest address list off of supply order. As long as you tell them to WRITE CAREFULLY (tell them you have to pull them apart and use them as labels for the invites) you should be OK. (I give them two of these and a SASE and tell them to return it within THREE DAYS. If they give me 35+ names or more, I will pay for postage, otherwise I have her reimburse me.)

Since you don't have those right now, I would just ask her to email/mail you her list and you will need to hand write them out.

Oh...and if you want to do this in order to help with cancellations and low attendance, don't word it as you are "offering" just state that this is something you are doing as a service to all of your hosts. I just tell state it as "this is how I do my business..." not like they have a choice.

I am also NOT GIVING out host packets till I get their guest list- saves me $$ and I know up front who is going to flake out and not hold their show. No guest list = no show.

I was reading the current issue of Empowering Women yesterday. They were featuring a Jewelry company... Parklane. (Our house is for sale so when we have a showing I go to Barnes & Noble & read). Anyway, it discussed briefly their host program and what I found interesting is that their hosts get the "hospitality" bonus (not what they called it though) when they returned their guest list to the consultant within a certain time frame (3 days I think).

I heard on a conference CD that Renee Figlock gives her host a gift of a Suds Pump if she returns her guest list within a week. Then at the show, if she has $150 in orders BEFORE the show, she gives her a sample of the soap from the supply order form to put in the Suds Pump and says, "When you do what I tell you to do for your show, you're going to clean up too."

I was thinking that offering something to the hosts to get me the guest list would be a good idea but I haven't really had a problem getting a guest list from them. And I, like Kelly, don't give a host packet until I get the guest list.

I have been listening to Julie Weitz CDs that I bought at NC (they are AWESOME!! :thumbup:) and she says to give the host a sheet of 30 labels (include in their host packet).

She usually meets the host in person, but if you host coach by phone, you can include a SASE. She asks the host to get her a list of the top 15-20 people they want at their party (asking for more can seem overwhelming) and get the list back to her within a week along with the postage. They have space for 30 people if they want it.

You can offer an incentive for getting the list back, but you can also say that if you get the list back, it will ensure a successful show and they will be rewarded with great host benefits.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm hoping it will work, because I do want to start incorporating it into my host coaching.

I use regular labels. Email this to your hosts and tell them to fill it out and save it and then email back.

Attachments

• blank address labels.doc
    21 KB · Views: 475
I ask for an excel file. I send a blank one with the columns I want - I include the usual address stuff but then add email address and phone number. They don't always fill those last 2 out but I still ask. I then just do a mail merge to regular labels. If I get emails or phone #s I do reminder calls/notes a day or 2 before.

I tell my hosts that it's part of what makes for a successful show. When you tell them it's less work for them, they jump on it. They have having to do one less thing. I've never had anyone turn me down. I've also had a host give me just email addresses so I will set it up on my website. When you have a guest list, it gives you an idea of how much your host is actually putting into the show.

We just discussed this also at our last cluster meeting.

My director has been giving them the list and they have to get it back to her within (I think) 3 days or by the time the host she book from closes or the host will not receive credit on the show for the booking. She said it has worked very well for her. It helps with the separate the serious ones from the flakey ones.

I just use a guest list sheet I found on here for the host to fill out. Then I print them on my computer.

Kelly V.

I've gotten the guest list:

1. As an Excel Spreadsheet
2. Typed in the body of an email
3. As a Word document
4. Handwritten and mailed to me
5. Handwritten and faxed to me
6. Printed from some sort of contact program and faxed to me
7. Handwritten and handed to me

I don't care how I get it, only that I do. I've not had a single show (knock wood!) where I haven't gotten the invite list early enough to send out the invites. Then I type them into a Mail Merge in Word, and print them on my invites.

Thank you everyone!!!

I did order and have the mailing list from the supply order, I think. Is it the one with the carbon copy? It also has a spot on it that says will attend. Is that the one you're talking about? If so, they're not sticky, but perforated (sp?) so would I glue them on to the invites?

I do like the label/e-mail idea. If I can't figure these other things out then I think I'll do those.

What is SASE?

Related to Host Invitations: Tips for Gathering Names & Addresses - Expert Advice

What is the best way to gather names and addresses for host invitations?

The most effective way to gather names and addresses for host invitations is to personally reach out to your potential guests. This can be done through phone calls, emails, or even in-person conversations. You can also utilize social media platforms or create a digital sign-up form for guests to fill out.

How can I make sure I have the correct information for my host invitations?

To ensure that you have the correct information for your host invitations, always double-check the names and addresses before sending out the invitations. You can also ask your potential guests to confirm their information to avoid any mistakes.

Is it necessary to gather names and addresses for host invitations?

Yes, it is important to gather names and addresses for host invitations as it allows you to personalize the invitations and ensures that they reach the intended recipients. It also helps with keeping track of RSVPs and following up with guests.

How far in advance should I gather names and addresses for host invitations?

It is recommended to gather names and addresses for host invitations at least 4-6 weeks before the event. This will give you enough time to send out the invitations and for guests to RSVP.

What should I do if a potential guest does not want to share their information for the host invitations?

If a potential guest does not want to share their information for the host invitations, you can respect their privacy and not include them in the invitation list. However, you can also offer alternative ways for them to RSVP or attend the event, such as through a general invitation posted on social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Careyann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Careyann
  • esavvymom