• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Successful Cooking Show with This Fun Game!

In summary, You could earn 750 points for allowing us to visit your home, and if you know 15-24 friends you could invite, you would earn 150pts. If you know 25 or more, you would earn an additional 250pts. For each friend you think might enjoy having a party of her own, you would earn 150pts. If you're not very aggressive, you would earn 150-1000pts, depending on how many dollars in sales you can get based on the sales chart. You earn 150 points for closing your show.
ahammons
I just found this in one of the game files here - I would like to try it at my next show. Has anyone ever played this game? Also, does anyone know how they came up with the amount of points to use? Just curious, b/c with the minimum they'd have 1350 points - is this to be translated into $1350 in sales to show them how much they could get for free? Sorry, I was just a little confused by this part of it. :)

What is the game?

You give each guest a show planner, pen, door prize slip, and highlighter... write points on the back.
Tell guests:
1. pretend you're hosting a show
2. You earn 750pts for allowing us to visit your home
3. If you know 15-24 friend you could invite, give yourself 150pts
4. If you know 25 or more, give yourself an additional 250 pts
5. For each friend you think might enjoy having a party of her own, give yourself 150 ptf for each friend
6. Now, if you are a very aggressive person and can "get those sales", give yourself 1400-3100 pts depending on your aggressiveness and how many dollars you can get based on the sales charts. For example $500=1400pts.
7. If you're not very aggressive, give yourself 150-1000pts, depending on how many dollars in sales you can get based on the sales chart.
8. You earn 150 pts for closing your show

Okay, add up all your pts

Now, turn your planners over and see just how many items you marked on your wish list you could actually get for free just by hosting your own show!

I had a gal do a game like this a a PL show I recently attended. I found it to be horribly confusing.

That's what I'm afraid of! I like the concept, but the points really confuse me.

I think this was when PC actually went by the points system, isn't it?

I'm just now in my 6th month with PC, so I'm not sure - maybe that's why I'm so confused! lol

I think that game is from the old pts system, because 750 was the hospitality bonus, there was a bonus for more than 12 orders, etc.
You could probably do something similar with $.

My Director does a similar, but not as long, game on her door prize slips. She has people write down 5 things they'd get from the catalog if money were no object (with prices). Halve the price of the 2 most expensive items. Add together the other 3 items, and subtract $90. What's left it what you'd pay as the host - and we already have your wish list written!

Thanks so much for posting this Ann! That seems much easier! :D I think I'll have to try this at my next show!

You do have to give them a time limit to pick things out, and tell them a few of your popular items so they don't have to look for them. Like tell them, "Food Chopper, $30." (I know it's not quite $30, but it's easier for the math.) And also tell them that the rewards are for a typical $500 show. If your shows are usually lower, change the free value that they subtract, so they don't get unrealistic expectations.

I like that idea! i just have to remember to take my door slips to my shows!! :eek:

chefann said:
I think that game is from the old pts system, because 750 was the hospitality bonus, there was a bonus for more than 12 orders, etc.
You could probably do something similar with $.

My Director does a similar, but not as long, game on her door prize slips. She has people write down 5 things they'd get from the catalog if money were no object (with prices). Halve the price of the 2 most expensive items. Add together the other 3 items, and subtract $90. What's left it what you'd pay as the host - and we already have your wish list written!

What a GREAT idea!!

Related to Host a Successful Cooking Show with This Fun Game!

What is the "Cooking Show Planner Game?"

The "Cooking Show Planner Game" is a fun and interactive tool designed to help hosts plan and organize their Pampered Chef cooking shows.

How does the game work?

The game consists of a virtual kitchen where hosts can drag and drop different Pampered Chef products and recipes to create their ideal cooking show setup. They can also add notes and reminders to keep track of important details.

Is the game customizable?

Yes, the game allows hosts to personalize their cooking show by adding their own recipes and products, as well as adjusting the length of the show and the number of guests in attendance.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to use the game?

No, the game is available to anyone who is hosting a Pampered Chef cooking show. It can be accessed through a unique link provided by your consultant.

What are the benefits of using the "Cooking Show Planner Game?"

The game helps hosts stay organized and prepared for their cooking shows, making the experience more enjoyable for both the host and the guests. It also allows hosts to easily share their plans with their consultants and receive helpful tips and suggestions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lovenpc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lovenpc
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies