• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hmmm... Bridal Shower Situation

In summary, Erin is thinking of ways to give her wife a gift, but does not want to profit from the event. She is considering either giving her the 5 piece cookware set she has or a gift certificate for her to choose her own items. She is also thinking of wording the invitation to make it clear that the gift is not a profit thing.
angmillar
I need some advice.

One of my husband's troops just got married. She's going to be moving out of the dorms in the next month after her husband arrives. Living in the dorm, she has very little for a house.

So, I'm having a shower for her. I was planning just a normal shower.... nothing PC related. But, I've been thinking about it. Our BX here is small with very little choices. Living in Japan, we don't really do a lot of "household" shopping off base. So, I was thinking maybe a PC shower just so she could get some quality items.

Here's my dilemma... I do not want to profit on her shower. My husband's her OIC, and it just wouldn't be right. So, I was thinking on using my commission to buy her a set of the cookware as a half-off item for her show. If there's still commission, then I'd buy additional PC items for her.

My questions... 1. Do you think this is okay? I'm especially interested in answers from a military point of view, but I'll love anyone's advice. 2. How would you word this on an invitation? I want everyone to know that it's not a profit thing for me.

Thanks, guys!!

I think that's nice. Or you could give her your commission in the form of a gift certificate and she can choose for herself what she wants.And I would word it on the invite just how you're going to do it so they know that you'll also be giving her x% in the form of a gc or in products to stock her up. Keep it light-hearted and you'll be fine. Or... ask some of the people attending if they think it's a good idea and how you should word the invite. Good luck! :)

Ang...
I personally, as a Marine spouse, do not think it is a good idea. I have always made sure to avoid doing business with my husband's Marines and their spouses. At times it was difficult to avoid but at those times I passed shows or sales on to my team.

Personally...the rules on fraternization are there to protect everyone. I would hate for something did with my business to affect my DH's career. Anyway...that is my 2 cents....

BTW~ I MISS Oki SO much...at times that is!

Oh and one other thing...once everyone at DH's work learns that you work for "free".....they will all expect the same treatment. Again...my 2 cents but I did live on Oki for 7 years...i "know" how things work there..................

Thanks for the input, ladies.

And, Erin, yep... I would never want to do anything that would hurt my husband's career. I've only done two shows for people he works with, and they've both been with those of the same rank. Even though everyone there knows I do PC and some have ordered things, I've never sent around a book or order forms with my husband.

If I do a regular shower, I suppose I could still buy her a set of cookware. Or, better yet, I could give her the 5 piece set I have sitting in a closet that I earned during the Pan-o-rama.

I knew you would get just what I was talking about.

OT....I could TOTALLY go for Yoshi's tonight...and hit a 100 Yen store after!

Yoshi's? I've never gone there!!! My husband's actually developed a real love for Coco's. I love it, too, but it doesn't do much for my diet. ;)

And, the 100 Yen stores... aren't they just the BEST!!?

angmillar said:
Yoshi's? I've never gone there!!! My husband's actually developed a real love for Coco's. I love it, too, but it doesn't do much for my diet. ;)

And, the 100 Yen stores... aren't they just the BEST!!?

Yoshi's is absolutely the best.....you have to go! My fav 100 yen is the one in Ginowan by the convention center. We loved going to the Monkey store too, the one in American Village....I always bought my paint there.

I miss Oki........but I honestly don't think we will go back. If DH gets orders there, he will be a geo-bachelor.

I think Erin's advice is right on the money...on both counts. All it takes is one person to think you're crossing the line and all the DOD 'policies and procedures' can come down on you. Do the shower as you orginially planned....chances are, a few folks will approach you to purchase gifts for the bride anyway! :)

what if someone else hosted it---We have done parties for brides--and not invited them---then just give them the benefits---i get the line crossing just another suggestion---

My brother is in Oki with the Marines. Maybe you know him? I'll PM you his name. Small world!!! He is coming home in three weeks--can't wait.

off on a tangent...Love the 100 Yen stores...there is one on the same street as my In-laws (Ofuna, JP). Gotta love it.A new Dollar Store opened in my 'burb here in L.A. Can't compare!

I never ever profit from my husband's troops or their spouses. I make sure they all know that they get my discount ANY TIME they order something from me!!! I think you have all the right ideas about donating your commission. I would say something to that effect at the shower rather than printing it on the invite. This way only the people who attend will know that you are working for free for this particular lady. They should understand that she is your husband's troop and this is a special occasion. This will make them understand that they don't get the same deal!! Just because the troop is off limits doesn't mean that some of her friends in other squadrons are!!!

Related to Hmmm... Bridal Shower Situation

1. What are some popular bridal shower gift ideas from Pampered Chef?

Some popular bridal shower gift ideas from Pampered Chef include cookware sets, kitchen gadgets and tools, bakeware, and specialty items like a pizza stone or air fryer. We also offer gift bundles and personalized gift sets that are perfect for a bride-to-be.

2. Can I host a Pampered Chef bridal shower?

Yes, absolutely! Our consultants are trained to host fun and interactive bridal showers where guests can sample delicious recipes and learn new cooking techniques. Contact your consultant to schedule a Pampered Chef bridal shower today.

3. Are there any special offers for bridal showers?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers special discounts and promotions for bridal showers and other wedding-related events. Contact your consultant for more information on current offers and discounts.

4. Can I create a wedding registry with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can create a wedding registry with Pampered Chef. Our registry allows you to choose from a wide selection of high-quality kitchen products that you can add to your wish list. Your guests can purchase items directly from your registry, making it easy for them to give you the perfect gift.

5. Can I personalize gifts for the bride and groom?

Yes, you can personalize gifts for the bride and groom with Pampered Chef. We offer a variety of items that can be customized with the couple's names, wedding date, or a special message. Contact your consultant for more information on personalization options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies