• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi, I'm New and Need Booking Help!

In summary, Candice is a new consultant who is having difficulty finding bookings. She is considering hosting a party in order to get started.
Candice
Hi folks,

I am a new member of this community as of 3 minutes ago and a new Pampered Chef consultant. My 30 day mark is tomorrow :)

I just moved to the area where I live (Missouri) and I only know a handful of people. None of them are interested in hosting a show. I am kind of stumped as to what to do next.

I passed out fliers with a catalog in my neighborhood (about 100) and then went to a few Real Estate offices and left some catalogs and order forms. Nobody has gotten back to me.

I reached my $1250 in sales, but now I need people to host shows for me. How would I go about finding people?

I heard an "open house" is a good idea, but how exactly does that work?

Thanks and I look forward in participating in this community :)
Candice

Welcome and congrats on becoming a consultant. There is a wealth of info if you seach "bookings" on this site! But don't expect them to get back to you, you need to follow up! From your first $1250 in sales did you get any bookings? Did you ask? Make customer care calls from all of those orders and try to get people to book, give them the benefits! Good luck!

I did follow up with the Real Estate people and they all said they would get ahold of me individually. So I left my name and number again and went back a 2nd time. Still nothing.No bookings from my 2 shows. The first was my own kick off show and only 2 people showed up. The rest of the sales came from my family who are all out of state/country. I asked a few family members and they all said it wasn't a good time. The other show was hosted by my best friend here and I asked every person (which I knew all of them) if they'd be interested in hosting a show at check out and no one was. I had one person call me randomly--her friend is apparently my neighbor and she was visiting and placed a $400 order, but she's from a different state and wasn't interested in hosting. I am so lost right now. I want to succeed, but don't know where to start getting contacts!

Hi Candice and welcome.

I did an Open House as one of my first shows also. I pre-selected several recipes that were low on the number of ingredients and easy to do so there would be things going on as people would come and go but nothing so difficult that I couldn't handoff prep duties to one person while I spoke to someone else directly for a minute.

I also had a drawing for someone to be the Mystery Host meaning they would get the host benefits. They got one ticket in the bowl for each $25 spent.

I had also already ordered some give aways like the citrus peeler, mini-whipper, Seasons Best recipe books and the reusable shopping bags and used those as door prizes.

Good luck!

Welcome to the company and the group. Try to ask about everything that PC has to offer. Fundraisers, wedding showers and registries. Also be sure to mention that hosting a show can be just passing out catalogs and collecting orders.
I'm personally better at selling the product than getting people to book. I collect orders and submit my own shows.

Welcome, and best wishes! Your list of 100 can be very helpful. Also, use this window of opportunity as you start your new business to ask people to help you get off to a good start by hosting a party. Usually it's not a good idea to approach bookings this way, but when you first start it can really make a difference.

I don't know 100 people here. I know 6 and I asked all of them :( I tried filling out my list of 100 it made me feel really discouraged because I had SO MANY blank spaces. If I was still back home, then I could have it filled. So I am asking how do I go about finding more bookings being a new consultant and new to the area?I've done the neighborhood thing and received a good order and then a $400 order from her friend. I went to a few Real Estate offices with no luck. I think I am going to try this "open house" thing. I really want to avoid spending a lot out of pocket, but I think I am going to have to do it in order to receive some business. I knew it was going to be hard starting off, but I never knew it was going to be THIS hard.

Get your recruiter to help. Contact the folks back home and do several catalog shows. Ask folks to help you start your business... folks want to help someone out!Go to more Real Estate offices. Approach an open house like an actual show--call, send out mini catalogs, make it happen!

Candice said:
I don't know 100 people here. I know 6 and I asked all of them :( I tried filling out my list of 100 it made me feel really discouraged because I had SO MANY blank spaces. If I was still back home, then I could have it filled. So I am asking how do I go about finding more bookings being a new consultant and new to the area?

I've done the neighborhood thing and received a good order and then a $400 order from her friend.

I went to a few Real Estate offices with no luck.

I think I am going to try this "open house" thing. I really want to avoid spending a lot out of pocket, but I think I am going to have to do it in order to receive some business.

I knew it was going to be hard starting off, but I never knew it was going to be THIS hard.

You just said the answer to your problem. Get the people back home to do catalog/internet shows for you. I have a catalog show going now and I've never met the hostess. We set it up by email and I mailed her catalogs and order forms.

Absolutely get those far-away friends involved. I have lots of customers who don't live within a day's drive of me.

You guys are right...why wait til November for them to host a show! Which I have my mother in law and sister doing cooking shows for me over Thanksgiving weekend, cause we'll be home. I'll call a few people tonight and see if they would host a catalog show for me. It's easier now that I have my website up and running!!! YAY!!! I am also going to be mailing PAB folders to places tomorrow, so hopefully I get a show or two from that.

Does anyone have a List of 100 (blank) they could email me, I lost mine? [email protected]
Is it in the files here cause I didn't see it.

Leave mini catalogs or catalogs at beauty salons or coffee house, places where people sit and will look at it. Use labels or stickers to get your need across. I have received orders and show requests from strangers doing that. Get a catalog tote and/or a PC coffee mug, or other things that people will see. When they ask about your business, ask them when the last time THEY were at a PC show.

So I called about 50 friends and family members this week and not ONE of them would do a catalog show. Disappointing, but what can you do. Anyways, Today I made an out of the box call and booked a show!! Then I sent out 35 pampering a business letters! Hopefully I get one or two businesses for that as well. I have a catalog show right now going on, a show on the 16th (the day after I get home from conference) and one on the 30th! I am excited!! This will be my most active month...well it's only my 2nd, but still. I am really excited that things are looking up right now, because the two people I have shows with I don't know!!! That means I won't know their guests either and that means hopefully more bookings!!! YAY!

Do you have children? If so, you could always ask there friends moms. Leave information at your local library too. That is a great place to generate business. You could also check with the towns recreation department. Maybe a sports team can use extra $ from a fundraiser. Once you get a tote bag, bring it with you everywhere. You can find a busy park and "talk a walk" with your tote bag. Start conversation with people. There are lots of moms sitting on a bench while there kids are playing. Pretend like you are doing PC work and searching cookbooks. Most of the times they are looking for a few minutes of adult conversation. When I go food shopping, I always carry a PC cookbook as if I am getting ingredients for a recipe. You have no idea how many people walk into a supermarket having no idea what they are going to make for dinner. I know how discouraging it can be when you feel you can't count of family and friends. :( Just think, every time I leave my house, I have the opportunity to meet someone that is interested. Be fun, friendly and confident. :cool:

Hi Candice... I'm new too but I work for a large company also. What I've done, and maybe you can do something similar, is put a sticker on the front of your catalog that says "Host a party and receive FREE & DISCOUNTED products! See page 61 for details!" This might draw more attention to hosting when you are passing out catalogs. And because they are 49 cents each, I only put a few out a week in our breakroom. I've booked a few shows that I wasn't expecting!

Candice,

I have been having similar issues myself. I have had several catalog shows , but no one wants to book a cooking show. I have started carrying around a catalog tote and just placed an order for a couple of logo wear shirts. I am hoping to get business from the outside world. Good lick with your new business and congrats.

1. How do I get started as a new consultant with Pampered Chef?

To get started as a new consultant with Pampered Chef, you will need to sign up with a sponsor and purchase a starter kit. Your sponsor will help guide you through the process and provide support as you begin your Pampered Chef journey.

2. How do I book my first party as a new consultant?

To book your first party, start by reaching out to your friends and family. You can also ask your sponsor for tips on how to reach out to potential hosts. Don't be afraid to talk to people and share your love for Pampered Chef products!

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products, as well as receive exclusive host rewards. It's also a fun and easy way to get together with friends and family while trying out new recipes and kitchen tools.

4. How do I keep track of my bookings and parties as a new consultant?

Pampered Chef provides a digital platform called "Pampered Chef Party" to help you manage your bookings and parties. You can also use a physical planner or spreadsheet to keep track of your bookings, parties, and host rewards.

5. What are some tips for successful parties as a new consultant?

Some tips for successful parties include being prepared with product knowledge, being enthusiastic and engaging with guests, offering specials and promotions, and following up with guests after the party to thank them and potentially book future parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
  • keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies