• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Hi Everyone,I Can't Find the Thread Where We Were Discussing

In summary, Doris Christopher, founder of PC, shared her story of starting the company and how it changed her life. She also asked how life would be different for those in the ULA room and shared a question for her team. Lynette shared a question and encouraged others to do the same. Finally, she shared a 1-2-3 leadership plan and a training activity.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I can't find the thread where we were discussing sharing info from ULA. I need to type up my notes or try and scan them. There was a lot of great info. It may take me a while to get everything together, but I have a couple of things I can already share. For those who were wanting notes....can you send me an email? [email protected]

We were talking about doing a conference call, but I think it's waaaay too much info to try to cram into 1 hour. Maybe we could just post 2-5 "ah ha" things here?

Does anyone have the book "The Pampered Chef" That Dan read the story of Doris first cooking show from that they could scan those pages and email them to me? I want to read it at my meeting tonight ... I only have the audio book...
[email protected]

I have it, but my scanner isn't working. I can copy and fax to you if you have a fax. email me at ] with your number if you do.

I have a copy but a teammember has my copy.

Linda was my miracle worker and got it to me... I am using my favorite question from ULA "What if Doris had turned the Volare around?" at my meeting tonight.

almondfarm said:
...I am using my favorite question from ULA "What if Doris had turned the Volare around?" at my meeting tonight.

For those of you who were not at ULA, the rest of that question is ... "How would your life be different?" For everyone in that ULA room, it would be a BIG lifestyle change. My guess is it would be a huge lifestyle change for everyone on the Director board too!

Just posted a motivational question for my team & about to go do it for Chef Success! Thank Lynette!!!

A little background on PC ...

Doris Christopher is our founder. She started PC in 1980 in the basement of her home with only $3,000! Her husband says he was her CEO ~ her Carry Everything Outer! LOL

The first home show that Doris did, she said she was terrified. She didn't know WHAT she was thinking. As she was driving to the host's house, she seriously considered turning around, going back home, calling her host & canceling! She looked fear in the face & went anyway. And look at the results of her ONE incident of overcoming her fear and what it did for her!

In 2002, she sold the company to Berkshire Hathaway (controlled by millionaire Warren Buffet). Doris did what most entrepreneurs WANT to do. So here's some food for thought ... can you imagine how different Doris' life would be if she had given into that fear and turned her car around that night? :bugeye: There would be no Pampered Chef!!! Imagine the butterfly effect of that ONE decision and imagine what life would be like for thousands of successful consultants across the world!

How would YOUR life be different?

Thanks! Posting to my TEAM FB page... can't wait to hear the responses!!!

I read the story of the first kitchen show and asked how their lives would be different and also I shared my story and OMG... it was so moving... there were tears and laughter, I think it really did open some eyes as to what a gift we have among us!

Way to go Lynette!

I think that is definitely a moving activity. It really does help remind you of what this biz is all about and generates that gratitude. We plan on using it at our next meeting.

Couple of aha's for me...

We need to remember to reiterate the basics and what we do to be successful again and again to our team members. Sometimes, we forget their are new consultants or who haven't attended our meetings who need to hear what specific actions we do to: get the contacts, word choices and resources available.

The What If Doris turned her car around exercise was amazing and nice to remember that she too had doubts and nerves for her 1st cooking show.

To focus on what's happening in the moment & ask if we're taking advantage of it. Is our team doing the same?

The 1-2-3 leadership plan - 1 rec/month, 2 new team members to recruit & 3 who want D

Great training activity for yourself and Tl's and above:
Think of 3 qualities of someone who's mentored you or been a good leader....what were 3 things he/she did. Apply those to your team.

"A leader is someone who is honest with herself, especially about herself. Takes ownership."

This was probably just in the 1st hour! lol Will continue to post as I go through my notes.

What is the thread about?

The thread is about discussing a particular topic or issue among a group of people.

Why can't I find the thread?

There could be several reasons why you can't find the thread. It could be because it has been deleted or moved, or you may have accidentally unfollowed it.

How can I find the thread?

You can try searching for keywords related to the thread or asking other members if they remember where it is located.

Who was involved in the discussion?

The members involved in the discussion may vary, but typically it would include the person who started the thread and other members who have commented on it.

Can I start a new thread on the same topic?

Yes, you can start a new thread on the same topic if you can't find the original one. Just make sure to provide context and reference the previous discussion if possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CoidgigBese
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • quiverfull7
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • cookinforyou