• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Here's a New One for Ya! Re: Ebay

In summary, this person is selling a kit that entitles the buyer to $500.00 worth of products. They are encouraging people to start their own businesses, and they offer support.
cat
Gold Member
Check this one out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270117721801&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

WOW! It does not get more obvious than that, does it!

OMG...is she CRAZY??? I hope you are sending this to Richard!!

The boldness of some of these people is incredible!

O MY GOODNESS!!!
Is someone gonna let HO know about this???
THAT is SOOOOOOO BOLD!!! OUCH!

HEY! THAT SELLER IS IN MY ZIP CODE!!!!

I was so shocked when I saw the Shipping Zip! This is not that large of a town......

She even has ship to South America!! WHAT?? Ok this is blowing my mind, I have seen things on ebay, but this tops it all wouldn't you say????

the person says they have 10 available

HOW???

~

whiteyteresa said:

HOW???

~

I wondered that too....

I don't want to be the PC police and usually sit back and let others report ebay stuff but I can't sit back on this. I just sent the link to Richard Laiche. I really wish they would send an email out telling us how many people they catch and what the results are....kind of a "scared straight" kind of thing :)

I think alot of consultants try to see what they can get away with and say to themselves that they will get a warning so they will try to do it as long as they can until they get caught. I'd like to see a stronger stand for those that are blatant and bold like this!

She probably will order them once she recieves payment from them and gets them to sign the consultant aggreement, and then HO ships it straight to them!

whiteyteresa said:

HOW???

~

Sounds like they are trying to make it sound like "quantities are limited" so hurry!! Or maybe that's how many she needs for TPC!!!

I just have to think that she has no idea what she is doing or that it is wrong.....it doesn't even make sense to just sell kits over the internet.......and with what Kelly just said about signing the agreement - it's not just a matter of buying a kit - you have to sing a CONTRACT! She would have to get SS#'s and all other info before being able to close the deal - and who is going to give that info to someone you don't even know?

GeorgiaPeach said:
I don't want to be the PC police and usually sit back and let others report ebay stuff but I can't sit back on this. I just sent the link to Richard Laiche. I really wish they would send an email out telling us how many people they catch and what the results are....kind of a "scared straight" kind of thing :)

I think alot of consultants try to see what they can get away with and say to themselves that they will get a warning so they will try to do it as long as they can until they get caught. I'd like to see a stronger stand for those that are blatant and bold like this!

Thanks Lisa. I was just in the middle of searching for Richard's email address when I saw your post.

I was just doing a search for consultant items and this came up! (Not looking for anything in particular..just browsing). Never seen anything like it...

SO true Becky!!!

Maybe I shouldn't have done this, but I just messaged her regarding this. this is what I sent her
I would like to know how in the world you can morally post this on Ebay?!
As a Pampered Chef Consultant myself, this is demeaning and immoral to the business.
For those of us that work the business as it is to be worked and to find this on Ebay, it's rediculous!
You don't see Realtors advertising thier business on here. You must be hard up or desperate.
Your listing will be reported, and I hope that Pampered Chef finds you guilty and removes you from a company of REAL Women, not cheats.

And really, how are these people going to qualify???? Oh I'm just browsing ebay and gee all of a sudden I need to be a PC consultant??? Gotta give her/him credit for being brave!

THIS part REALLY irks me..:mad: They were mentioning this on another board and someone emailed her asking questions. Below is the response she sent her. I've cut and pasted it to add it here. Read her comment about kitnappers - she's kinda encouraging it in my opinion!! I mean, why even mention it?!?! :mad:

Bev

You can start your own Pampered Chef business and receive $500.00 worth of products ( shown in the ebay auction ). You can due it at your own pace, there are no deadlines or amount of money you have to sell. I know a few ladies that became a Consultant just for the KIT ( worth $500.00 ). It's reall up to you...You can also visit the Pampered Chef website www.pamperedchef.com for more information. If you decide to sign up you can purchase the kit through the Pampered Chef website but you will need my Consultant# in order to do so.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
vinuptw

I really just hope that she doesn't have a clue that she shouldn't be doing this. I also sent a message giving her the benifit of doubt.

Someone should act like they want to sign up on the webpage to get her consultant number and then forward the whole thing to HO

ChefBeckyD said:

I was so shocked when I saw the Shipping Zip! This is not that large of a town......
I thought the same thing for a moment, then I noticed that it is just listing shipping to your zip code.

I just sent the seller an e-mail also. Unbelieveable.

well, i guess this is one way to 'grow your business' :eek:

pretty amazing!

wow! All I can say is that! This blows my freakin mind!:confused: :mad: The nerve of people!:mad: There is no way she doesn't know! I'm glad some of your reported this! Ughhh! People like this piss me off! Especially for us that play by the rules!:eek: :mad:

Um, yeah.... this is the reply I got this morning:

"FYI....This acct is not registered to a PC consultant...I have listed this for a friend and I am sure she is not aware of this but I will let her know."

I reported someone for this a couple of years ago. I don't remember their eBay ID, but the auction was very similar to this one. I do remember that it was during a recruiting promotion.

This just gets me sick.

I sent an email to her ebay ID that it has been reported and she is NOT allowed to do that and she needs to pull that listing, she wrote me back saying the user ID is not registered to a PC consultant and that she is listing it for a friend, and she will let her know. BOLOGNA!!!
Ya right, a friend!!

OMG! Talk about blanant! Has anyone gotten a response from HO?

GeorgiaPeach said:

YES! Not a blurb in Weekly Bites, but a specific email about internet advertising and recruiting. I do appreciate that it was in Weekly Bites, but if you are not an active consultant, you don't get that. I think they should send a notice to every consultant who has sold in the last year that has not officially resigned.

They could put a notice in the paperwork in the new consultant kit stating the restrictions and that anyone violating them could be terminated without notice. This notice could also be sent to all new consultants in an email just after they start. Bold and large.

I do think that there are grey areas (like myspace (and other sites) wording and family, friends, hosts linking a website thinking they are helping). That time of thing should be a warning but blatent things like this eBay seller deserve immediate termination (IF they make it VERY clear from the start).

NOTE: According to the "history" on the eBay link that started this thread they haven't sold any kits.

She sent me the same e-mail about doing it for a friend.

BethCooks4U said:
They could put a notice in the paperwork in the new consultant kit stating the restrictions and that anyone violating them could be terminated without notice. This notice could also be sent to all new consultants in an email just after they start. Bold and large.

I do think that there are grey areas (like myspace (and other sites) wording and family, friends, hosts linking a website thinking they are helping). That time of thing should be a warning but blatent things like this eBay seller deserve immediate termination (IF they make it VERY clear from the start).

I think that's a great idea. And I agree about the termination part, too. Oh, yes, there are grey areas, like someone just saying ,"I'm an Ind. Pampered Chef Consultant" in their profile is way different that what we have seen. IMHO they are very different. One is definately worse than the other.

I found these on ebay and there not in the catalog yet this just really irks me
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Pampered-Chef-Salad-Berry-Spinner-NEW-Spring-2007_W0QQitemZ300107114602QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20651QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Pampered-Chef-Herb-Keeper-NEW-Spring-2007_W0QQitemZ300107114800QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20651QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey, Just checked the original link and here is what it said:

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

Well I could have SOLD a kit this week but I told the lady that it is a business opportunity not a product. I have another person that I think might be a kit napper but sometimes it is a little hard to tell.

Kathytnt said:
Well I could have SOLD a kit this week but I told the lady that it is a business opportunity not a product. I have another person that I think might be a kit napper but sometimes it is a little hard to tell.
I think you put it right, Cathy!

Hey $155 for all that is a great deal, ya know! But I happen to think being a consultant is a better one!

ChefBeckyD said:

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the good morning laugh Becky!!!!

On E-bay it shows YOUR zip code as the shipping zip code. You have to look up the user to see where they are from. This person is from Ohio...

...sorry, still giggling at your expense!

So, how many reported this to HO? Did HO respond or was the listing just ended? I cannot believe the gall of this one. Her response that Jennifer had contradicts what she said to you guys later...(assuming it is a woman - it could be a guy for all we know!)

Oh, not to mention her using PC images without permission...grr...back to work...

Well, her auction has ended (history shows none sold) but the following is at the end of the page:

Seller's payment instructions
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about joining Pampered Chef.....I will need personal information in order to process the Consultant Agreement which we can do over the phone or through email.[ /quote]

I contacted her asking for info about PC and here is her response:

Visit www. pamperedchef.com If you need to know something specific let me know.

I had to close the listing b/c my friend didn't realize that she was not allowed to recruit using EBAY. SORRY

Let me know if you need anything else or need help getting signed up.

Thanks.
[ /quote]

Covering her tracks I would say. Hmmm...

Oh, wait! It was my friend who contacted her asking for the info. lol

BethCooks4U said:
Well, her auction has ended (history shows none sold)

This is why I didn't contact the seller through her listing. I didn't want her alerted before HO could see it and deal with it. People like this (the blatant ones) will just go away for a while and then pop back up again when they think it's all quiet.

If they are completely innocent, then I trust the HO knows the difference (once they investigate it). Giving them (the sellers) a warning in an email, IMO, makes it harder for the HO to do their job.

I know we want to give "violators" the benefit of the doubt but I really think these things should be forwarded to the HO, without our contacting anyone else. This way if it is a mistake, they can be informed of the policy. It also gives the HO an opportunity to track those consultants that are "repeat offenders".

I agree with whoever said that the consultants that list "PC consultant" in a profile aren't the ones to worry about. Those people I don't care if they get an email warning them. It's the bold, blatant, in-your-face, full page "ads" for PC! The girl on myspace that had an entire page devoted to HWC and her business, AND she was a director!! (And this ebay example) These people are the ones that I want to see HO handle and deal with!

Whew....I'm going to jump off my soapbox now. (I subbed in middle school today....can you tell!!! :eek: )

I agree. Anyone can miss or misunderstand a line or two of policy. If that's the case, an message from the HO will alert them and they will correct the error. (The one exception, to me, is posting your website here in your signature. Someone was kind enough to PM me, so I pay that forward.) A person blatantly flaunting the rules is another matter. I trust HO to do the discerning.

TerraOB83 said:
I found these on ebay and there not in the catalog yet this just really irks me
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Pampered-Chef-Salad-Berry-Spinner-NEW-Spring-2007_W0QQitemZ300107114602QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20651QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Pampered-Chef-Herb-Keeper-NEW-Spring-2007_W0QQitemZ300107114800QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20651QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are already in the catalog (May 1st) but it bugs me that she has 89 items to sell...either a consultant or knows a consultant getting them for her...grrr....

I emailed the kit seller and she responded...about the same...the website and then get ahold of her if need be. I responded back I wanted to sign under her and am waiting on a response. I will post when I get it!

janetupnorth said:
They are already in the catalog (May 1st) but it bugs me that she has 89 items to sell...either a consultant or knows a consultant getting them for her...grrr....

:mad:
Has anyone reported this? And who do we report it to? I would love to turn this person in since today is my mood of THAT PISSES ME OFF!!! I have read so many of these threads but for some reason today I want to act. This person has 89 items and I agree she has to be a consultant since she is giving a combined shipping rate which makes me think she is doing direct shipping too. :mad:

chef_kimmo said:
:mad:
Has anyone reported this? And who do we report it to? I would love to turn this person in since today is my mood of THAT PISSES ME OFF!!! I have read so many of these threads but for some reason today I want to act. This person has 89 items and I agree she has to be a consultant since she is giving a combined shipping rate which makes me think she is doing direct shipping too. :mad:

I personally haven't...you may have to contact Richard Laiche on it...e-mail somewhere around Chef Success...

janetupnorth said:

Duh lol i thought it was June 1st but it still makes me mad to see these things plus the other 89 things on there:mad:

I am glad it ended! And even more glad that they didn't get any recruits. Sorry, that was mean.

AJPratt said:
I am glad it ended! And even more glad that they didn't get any recruits. Sorry, that was mean.
No, not really. It was wrong, it wasn't fair, and she got what she deserved (maybe not everything she deserved, we'll probably never know who she is or wht HO did about it). If she was just naive, then maybe she got off with a warning and has learned a valuable lesson, if she was blatently blowing-off the rules, then I hope she was dealt with properly.....

She is Back!!!!What nerve!!!!! She changed her user id yesterday!!! She is trying to be slick!!!! Her new item number is Pampered Chef Business ~ Consultant
Join The Pampered Chef Team !!!! Item number: 270118550167 :(
Sorry I did not know how to post the link....

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID Effective Date End Date

tjv032805 May-07-07 Present

vinuptw Nov-06-03 May-07-07

<h2>1. What is the item being sold on Ebay?</h2><p>The item being sold on Ebay is a Pampered Chef Stoneware Baking Dish.</p><h2>2. What is the condition of the item?</h2><p>The item is listed as brand new and the seller states that it has never been used.</p><h2>3. Is the item still available for purchase?</h2><p>As of now, the item is still available for purchase. However, since it is an auction, it may be sold to the highest bidder before the auction ends.</p><h2>4. What is the current bidding price for the item?</h2><p>The current bidding price for the item is $24.99.</p><h2>5. Does the seller offer any additional information about the item?</h2><p>Yes, the seller mentions that the stoneware baking dish is dishwasher and microwave safe and comes from a smoke-free home.</p>

1. What is the item being sold on Ebay?

The item being sold on Ebay is a Pampered Chef Stoneware Baking Dish.

2. What is the condition of the item?

The item is listed as brand new and the seller states that it has never been used.

3. Is the item still available for purchase?

As of now, the item is still available for purchase. However, since it is an auction, it may be sold to the highest bidder before the auction ends.

4. What is the current bidding price for the item?

The current bidding price for the item is $24.99.

5. Does the seller offer any additional information about the item?

Yes, the seller mentions that the stoneware baking dish is dishwasher and microwave safe and comes from a smoke-free home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefjaime
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Chef Bobby
  • General Chat
Replies