1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help With Website - Asap

1. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

I cant call tech service since it's a Saturday! I have a customer in Utah that is trying to order off my website. She contacted me out of the blue. I believe she is elderly - and the problem is she is deaf so I can't call her. I am having to walk her thru it! She gets alll the way to checkout and it is asking her for " USER ID - PASSWORD - CONFIRM PASSWORD". I went in as a customer and it ask me the same thing. This is all the way at the bottom of the page where you put in your name, address, phone number etc....does it normally ask this? The top of the page says Create Account. Does it normally ask this when customers placing individual orders go to check out? Do they make up a user name and password??? She is very frustrated because it wont let her check out. I ask her if she had family members/friends near by that could help her and she doesnt :(....I dont know what to do to help her! Cindy

Nov 5, 2005
  2. Kristen

Kristen Member

Cindy, I think it does ask for a user id and password when placing an individual order. I had a guest from a show who thought she was ordering online through the host's name and she was prompted for user id and password (or to create an account). In this case, she ended up with an individual order, even though she wanted it to go through the show (I'm figuring she never entered the host's name on the home page).

Nov 5, 2005
  3. Cindycooks

OK - but that is my point, does she just create something? Or can she ignore it? (sorry I can't think today, I am coming down with the flu bigtime!)....tks

Nov 5, 2005
  4. Kristen

Kristen Member

I think she needs to create something. I'm not sure it will let her through without doing that.

Nov 5, 2005
  5. Cindycooks

She Got It

OK - I guess she figured it out and created an account, cuz I just got an email from her that she placed an order. Whew! After going in myself, I can see where it would be confusing to a first timer user, especially someone elderly and she said she doesnt usually order off the internet. Thanks for your help! :)

Nov 5, 2005
Have something to add?