• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are iPods and MP3 Players for an 8-Year-Old's Santa List?

and I don't have to worry about them breaking it or losing it.The iPod is a great option for a first MP3 player because it is easy to use, has a lot of storage, and is durable. The iPod nano is a good option for a second MP3 player because it has a screen and is bigger. The iPod shuffle is a good option for a first MP3 player because it is small and easy to carry.
schel
Ok..
I need help. My son has started his Santa list and is 8 years old and asking for a I pod. His friend is asking for a MP3 player.

I am so out of the times!!! Showing my age...:eek:

Can anyone help tell me what each of these are and after you do describe them and what kind would you purchase for a first time user of each of these items????!!!! :confused: :confused:

I looked on E-Bay & Walmart to see what they have and there are so many and I don't know the first thing about any of these things. I am so confused!!

Also, what kind of prices are there on these things out there?

Thanks for your help from the electronically challenged!

I used to be good at this stuff! :yuck:

Schel

An IPod is an MP3 player. It is the Apple version.

Ok so do you need a computer to use these items?

If my computer is a compaq would an apple work with it?

See... I told you I know nothing!

Schel

iPods are AWESOME!!They're also the market leader, with something like 80% share of the MP3 player market.For your son, I recommend the iPod Shuffle. It's very small, but also costs much less than the larger versions. It retails for about $80, and holds 1 GB of music, which is about 240 songs (depending on how long they are and the quality (bitrate) at which they're processed). You can pick one up at many different retail stores. They come in several colors. This month, there's a pink one available only at Target that benefits breast cancer research and comes with a $15 iTunes gift card (iTunes is both the free program that you'll need to transfer music to the player and the online music store where you can buy music and other stuff).The iPod nano is a little bigger and has a screen, so you can also store pictures and video, as well as sort the music by album, genre, etc. It comes in colors, 2 sizes (4 GB and 8 GB), and starts at $149.You can find lots of info on Apple's site: Apple - iPod + iTunes

schel said:
Ok so do you need a computer to use these items? If my computer is a compaq would an apple work with it?See... I told you I know nothing!Schel
Yes- you can use an iPod with a Windows machine. iTunes (the free software) comes in a Windows version. But you do need a computer of some sort.You also do not have to buy the music online. You can import (or rip) your CD's into the program, and then load them onto the iPod.I've got a 2nd generation iPod, and I have MANY conference and Leadership workshops on it. It's great for the car, because I can just play them without having a stack of CDs a mile high. I've also got the pink shuffle, and that is super handy for day-to-day use. It's got a built-in clip, which the larger models don't have, so it's convenient. Just clip it to your shirt or pocket and go.

Last edited:
Thanks Ann, my hubby wants one, and I do not know the first thing either about them!

He'll love it! DH and I have 5 between the 2 of us. I have a 30GB model and the shuffle. DH has a 40 GB, a 4 GB and the iPhone, which is like an iPod and a Blackberry combined.

vwpamperedchef said:
Thanks Ann, my hubby wants one, and I do not know the first thing either about them!

Thanks Ann!

Also glad I am not the only one out there stuck in the 80's with tapes and records!
Schel :p

for younger kids tho.....there are less-expensive MP-3 players that are awesome. My son has an RCA MP3 - got it at Wally World for like $30 - holds over 300 songs.....excellent sound quality and easy to use........and less worry if he happens to lose it.

itsjustCarla said:
for younger kids tho.....there are less-expensive MP-3 players that are awesome. My son has an RCA MP3 - got it at Wally World for like $30 - holds over 300 songs.....excellent sound quality and easy to use........and less worry if he happens to lose it.

Thanks Carla! This is more on Santa's budget for a 8 year old!
Schel

I gave my 9 year old an MP3 player last year for Christmas. Not a good idea. He isn't very good with electronics, and he loses and breaks things too much. I would definitely stick with the $30 or less versions. The songs cost money too, unless you're downloading illegally, of course. Or you may sign up for a program where you pay a certain amount every month to get access to an online music thing. I have an Ipod. I don't let my kids touch it. I used to have an Ipod Shuffle, but it didn't even last a year. I took it on my runs and held it in my hand. I think my sweat ruined it. I wouldn't buy one on Ebay because the warranty may not be valid. Mine wasn't.

I agree with the staying with the cheaper MP3s for younger kids. My son is a breaker and a looser. He either breaks everything we get him or he looses it.
That didn't sound good calling him a looser. Not that kind of looser.

What is the best gift for a 10-year-old boy?

We have a great selection of fun and educational toys for 10-year-old boys, such as our STEM building sets and outdoor sports equipment. You can also check out our top-rated gifts for boys on our website for more ideas.

Can you recommend a gift for a boy who loves cooking?

Our kids' cooking sets and tools are perfect for budding chefs! Our Junior Chef Cooking Set includes all the essentials for young cooks to get started in the kitchen.

Do you have any gift ideas for a boy who loves sports?

We have a variety of sports-themed gifts, from personalized sports equipment to team logo kitchen accessories. You can also browse our selection of outdoor games and equipment for active playtime.

What is the return policy for gifts?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Our return policy allows for returns or exchanges within 60 days of purchase. Please see our website for more details and restrictions.

Can I get my gift wrapped?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping services for an additional fee. You can add gift wrapping to your order during checkout and include a personalized message for the recipient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Mr. Pampered Chef
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • janezapchef