• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfecting Grilled Pizza: Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Crust

In summary, the best tools to use for grilling pizza are a pizza stone, a pizza peel, and a grill with a lid. To prevent the pizza from sticking to the grill, preheat the grill and pizza stone, lightly oil the stone, and use enough flour or cornmeal on the peel. The best way to prepare the dough is to roll it out thin and let it rest before grilling. The cooking time for grilled pizza varies, but generally takes 8-10 minutes for a thin crust and 12-15 minutes for a thicker crust. There are endless topping options for grilled pizza, such as classic marinara and mozzarella, BBQ chicken, or a white pizza with pesto and vegetables. Get creative and try
erinpcmorgan
I've tried twice to make the Italian Grilled Pizza twice, and it's not coming out the way I want it. The first time, I made it using the prebaked crust (as specified), but it just didn't seem to get "done" enough. Then I decided to "prebake" my own crust (Pillsbury) and transfer it to the grill to finish but it got a little overdone. Ugh! It still tastes pretty good, so I know if I get this crust issue under control, it's going to be amazing :) Any tips/tricks you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks!

I grill pizza frequently just making my own crust (Use our mix or Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix) and then putting the "raw" dough directly on the grill after it's rolled out and brushed with a little Garlic Infused Canola Oil. I let it grill for a minute or two, then turn it over and top and let it finish cooking.

I buy pizza dough from the bakery, then use some corn meal to "form" the dough and prevent sticking. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then I take it off, put on toppings (margarita pizzas are my new favorite) then put back on, close cover, and leave just long enough to melt cheese!! Perfect every time!!!!!

What are the best tools to use for grilling pizza?

The best tools for grilling pizza are a pizza stone, a pizza peel, and a grill with a lid. The pizza stone helps evenly distribute heat and prevent the dough from sticking, while the peel allows you to easily transfer the pizza to and from the grill. Using a grill with a lid helps create a more even cooking temperature and allows for a crispier crust.

How do I prevent my pizza from sticking to the grill?

To prevent your pizza from sticking to the grill, make sure to preheat your grill and pizza stone before placing the pizza on top. You can also lightly oil the pizza stone or use a non-stick cooking spray. Additionally, be sure to use enough flour or cornmeal on the pizza peel before transferring the pizza to the grill.

What is the best way to prepare the dough for grilling?

The best way to prepare dough for grilling is to roll it out into a thin, even shape. You can also stretch the dough by hand, but be careful not to tear it. Once the dough is prepared, let it rest for a few minutes before placing it on the grill.

How long should I cook my pizza on the grill?

The cooking time for grilled pizza can vary depending on the heat of your grill and the thickness of your crust. Generally, it takes about 8-10 minutes for a thin crust pizza and 12-15 minutes for a thicker crust. It's important to keep an eye on the pizza and rotate it occasionally to ensure even cooking.

What are some topping ideas for grilled pizza?

There are endless topping options for grilled pizza! Some popular choices include classic marinara and mozzarella, BBQ chicken with red onions and cilantro, or a white pizza with pesto, roasted vegetables, and feta cheese. Get creative and try out different combinations to find your favorite!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bowlersbus
  • lt1jane
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • dancedivine