• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Wanted: Tamale Roundabout Recipe (Lost Cookbook)

In summary, Sandy emailed the recipe to Lee Anne. Lee Anne formatted it so it would be readable on Mike's computer. Sandy is heading to the grocery store to get the ingredients to cook the dish.
phoebs
I'm hoping someone can help. Several years ago I bought a cookbook from PC and it contained a recipe for Tamale Roundabout. I've since loaned my book out (and never received it back) and my family is dying to have this dish again. Can someone give me the recipe again? I remember it had ground beef, salsa, cornbread, peppers and was cooked in the fluted stone.

Tamale Round-About
phoebs said:
I'm hoping someone can help. Several years ago I bought a cookbook from PC and it contained a recipe for Tamale Roundabout. I've since loaned my book out (and never received it back) and my family is dying to have this dish again. Can someone give me the recipe again? I remember it had ground beef, salsa, cornbread, peppers and was cooked in the fluted stone.

That recipe is in the Main Dishes Cookbook on page 58!

phoebs ~ I just emailed it to you. It was to big to post! :p

Lee Anne
[email protected]

i would like the recipe also

Here's the recipe...

Attachments

• Tamale Round-About.doc
    71 KB · Views: 316
Colleen, would you check the attachment for a formatting problem? I know 10 cups of flour can't be what I'm reading :eek: There is a symbol in there that is messing things up. Trying to say 1/2 (one half) maybe?

It must not have read the 1/2 and 1/4 measurements properly... it reads 1 1/2 cups flour when I open the attachment so I'm not sure what the problem is. Hope that helps!

It read fine for me. Don't know if it was fixed or not after I just viewed it. It could be whatever program a persons computer is using to open it with.

MomToEli said:
Colleen, would you check the attachment for a formatting problem? I know 10 cups of flour can't be what I'm reading :eek: There is a symbol in there that is messing things up. Trying to say 1/2 (one half) maybe?

Sandy - I had the same problem - because she used a font I don't have on my Word program......I just highlighted the recipe, and changed the font to Arial, and now it's fine!

32grams of fat per serving, must be yummy awsome;) :)

I just got the fluted pan a few days ago...can't wait to try this!!! On my way to the grocery store now!!

Don't know why, but when I first saw the title, I thought Tamale Turn-About. Why would someone try to cook in the TTA? :) Of course, that was at 1:30 this AM when I couldn't sleep.

1. What ingredients are needed for the Tamale Roundabout Recipe?

The ingredients for the Tamale Roundabout Recipe are:

• 1 package (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions
  • 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives

2. Is this recipe difficult to make?

No, the Tamale Roundabout Recipe is fairly easy to make. It only requires basic cooking skills and can be prepared in about an hour.

3. Can I substitute any of the ingredients?

Yes, you can make substitutions according to your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use a different type of canned beans or omit the olives if you don't like them.

4. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 6 servings, but you can adjust the measurements to make more or less depending on your needs.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of the Tamale Roundabout Recipe. Make sure to store them in an airtight container and they can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the fridge overnight and bake in the oven until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • SLDOWDY1978
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • cheflaney