• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Spring Fell Out of My Salad Choppers - Is This Common?

In summary, the problem with the salad choppers is that the red piece falls out and gets in the way. There is no way to tighten the shears.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I tried to do the qucik salsa at a show last night, and the spring fell out of my salad choppers!!! How embarrasing!! Is this a common problem? (I bought it under someone else's name at my mom's show to help her out...I don't think I can replace it w/out buying a new one...) Is there any way to fix it?

I had a party last tuesday and the same thing happen to me, I was like, well what do I do now, luckly the salsa was finished and I got a splinter in my hand the host had to remove it. But HQ did replace it and now I am afraid to sell this to people. This was my 5th show.

My husband did fix the choppers by buying another spring but I want take it out to my parties.

I went to use mine at a show in late October and I'm not sure if it was the spring that came out, but it no longer opened unless I did it manually. Highly embarrassing!

Have you let HO know about these problems? I use mine here and don't have that problem but if you are having these problems they need to look into it so they can try to get this fixed.

I've always had trouble with it. I don't even use it at my shows anymore.

The first time I used it, it really didn't cut anything...just mashed it into mush. I'm pretty sure it wasn't operator error :)

I am an outlier then....I love my salad chopper and it is a big hit with my fajitas and the salsa. I do find it works best when I use a scooping motion, but then, my spring has never sprung!

ChefSharain said:
I am an outlier then....I love my salad chopper and it is a big hit with my fajitas and the salsa. I do find it works best when I use a scooping motion, but then, my spring has never sprung!

I agree, love mine, sell lots of them and use it all the time. Maybe there was a bad batch of choppers made???

I'm all about the salad choppers! I love mine! My spring did pop out once, but I was able just to pop it back into place and haven't had a problem since.

I love my salad choppers too! Lately though, the red piece has gotten loose and keeps getting in the way when I do the cutting motion - so frustrating! I'm not sure if there is a way to tighten it.

jcsmilez said:
I love my salad choppers too! Lately though, the red piece has gotten loose and keeps getting in the way when I do the cutting motion - so frustrating! I'm not sure if there is a way to tighten it.

the same thing JUST happened to mine - the red bit kept falling down at my show :( I wonder if we can tighten it somehow. I LOVE my salad chopper:sing::love:

cookin to the top said:
I tried to do the qucik salsa at a show last night, and the spring fell out of my salad choppers!!! How embarrasing!! Is this a common problem? (I bought it under someone else's name at my mom's show to help her out...I don't think I can replace it w/out buying a new one...) Is there any way to fix it?

We've all done this I am sure!

Are the shears still with the product warrenty? Tell support services it has been given back to you by the customer and you have it with you now. I always get replacements sent to me anyway (I think it makes it easier for the person who has already been inconvienced (sp?) by a faulty product), so you should be able to get it sent to you.

I had someone turn up at a show last week with a leaking easy read measuring cup, I didn't even get to tell SS what was wrong with it. As soon as I said someone bought back the ERMC it's sort of broken, they took the show number, guest name and said "we'll ship a new one to you, it'll be with you in 2 days". I just about said ok and she hung up on me! The new cup arrived on Wedneday! Good job she didn't want a refund!!

jcsmilez said:

I have sent back quite a few because of the red thingie coming loose & getting in the way, I have a rubber band holding it in place, but the ones I use at home are from the company we got our patent from. They have improved on theres & I'm hoping we will do the same.

I :love:LOVE:love: my Salad Choppers! I have not had any problems with them (knock on wood!). I use them all the time to chop the meat for BBQ sandwiches. YUM

peichef said:
the same thing JUST happened to mine - the red bit kept falling down at my show :( I wonder if we can tighten it somehow. I LOVE my salad chopper:sing::love:

Mine are doing that now too! I need to call HO today to get it replaced. I use it all the time at my shows.

The Salad choppers have a lifetime guarantee people, so get yours replaced!I just got mine replaced and they are much better.

The red thing on my salad choppers also came loose. I had them replaced. You can get yours replaced if you have the receipt or at least know the show and customer name you bought them under. You don't need to tell "fibs". Have the new ones sent to your address because that is always an option.

1. Is it common for the spring to fall out of my salad choppers?

It is not common for the spring to fall out of the salad choppers. Our products are designed and tested to ensure durability and longevity. If the spring has fallen out, it may be due to rough handling or a manufacturing defect. We suggest reaching out to our customer service team for assistance.

2. Can I still use my salad choppers without the spring?

Unfortunately, the salad choppers will not function properly without the spring. The spring helps the blades move smoothly and efficiently, providing a better cutting experience. We recommend getting a replacement spring or reaching out to our customer service team for further assistance.

3. How do I put the spring back in the salad choppers?

To put the spring back in the salad choppers, you will need to disassemble the blades and handle. Then, carefully place the spring back in its designated spot. Reassemble the choppers and make sure the spring is secure before using it again. If you need further guidance, please refer to the instruction manual or reach out to our customer service team.

4. Can I purchase replacement springs for my salad choppers?

Yes, we offer replacement parts for our products, including the spring for the salad choppers. You can purchase them online or contact our customer service team for assistance. We always recommend using genuine Pampered Chef replacement parts for the best performance and safety.

5. How can I prevent the spring from falling out of my salad choppers?

To prevent the spring from falling out, we recommend handling the salad choppers with care and avoiding dropping them or applying excess force. It is also essential to clean and dry the choppers thoroughly after each use to prevent any buildup or rust that may affect the spring's functionality. If you experience any issues, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chef tso
  • taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies