1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help! Salsa question

1. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

I just had a customer ask me about the seasoning we used to have to make a quick salsa. I'm not sure if it was the farmers seasoning packet or not. Do you still have something like this?

Apr 27, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I don't know what the old one was, but we have the Southwest Seasoning now that we use to make the fresh salsa... I just looked on CC and there is a recipe for "Classic Salsa" that calls for "Classic Salsa Seasoning" from the "Fiesta Seasoning Set" but we don't have that anymore... not sure if that's what she's referring to, but I would direct her to the southwest seasoning and give her the recipe for the Pass Around Salsa... HTH!

Apr 27, 2009
  3. avelissar

avelissar Member

We add seasoning to the salsa?

Andrea

Apr 27, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There used to be a seasoning set that had 1 packet of guacamole mix and 1 packet of salsa seasoning. That's what Paula refers to. And it's probably what the host in the original question is looking for. It was a "complete" seasoning, in that all you needed to do was add it to diced tomatoes; it had onions, hot peppers, cilantro, etc. already in the mix.

Because that's not an option any more, I agree with Paula- direct her to the Southwest seasoning and the Pass Around Salsa recipe.

Apr 27, 2009
  5. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

Thanks so much Paula and Ann, it was the Fiesta Seasoning she was referring to, but neither one of us could remember the name. I was pretty sure one could be done with the southwestern seasoning, but was 100% sure so I told her I would find out if one of the current ones "replaced" the old one.

Apr 27, 2009
Have something to add?