• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Newbie Bridal Shower Consultant in Need!

In summary, the woman is expecting a bridal shower with 10-15 guests. The bride has a wish list, but the hostess said she would like some help creating it. There are some games and activities suggested, but most importantly, the woman suggests printing pictures of the items the bride wants and putting them on a board. Guests purchase items and write on the back who bought them.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi all! I know I could go through and read all of the other threads, but I need answers fast! My SD called me today with a bridal shower that is already set up (but the consultant who booked it can't go due to a date conflict-they changed the date and she isn't available that day, and the invites have already been sent!), so of course I said I'd do it! This is in two weeks, and I haven't ever done a bridal shower...and I am asking all of you to help me! What do I need to do? How does this work? Anything you can tell me that will help would be great...thanks! I talked to the co-host of the shower, and this other consultant gave the bride 2 be one catalog and invitations. I think Im in WAY over my head on this one! Help me please!

Deep breath! First, how many guests are you expecting?
Who is the host? Does the bride have her wish list already made or a registry at all?

That will help get us started to help you...

I don't know....I talkd to this host for about 3 minutes and I am going to be calling her tomorrow for more details. I was on my way to a show this afternoon when I got the call. I do know that the bride has a catalog and has stated making her wishlist. They would like to do a short demo and some kind of game. At this point, that's all I know. I know, not real helpful. sorry!

You can do it! I had my first ever shower 3 wks ago and it turned out to be my first $1,000 show! I ordered the apron and markers from supply. had the guests sign it, and then brought the bride up and put it on her and "taught" her how to cook something. (We did spicy shrimp cerviche cups and salsa using the salad chopper.) I put the items that she wanted on little heart cut outs and taped them to a science project folding board that I rubber cemented wrapping paper to. I also had a printout of what she wanted in my catalog folder. (Really easy to do if she has a registry--copy and paste!) Guests came up and took the heart off of the board for what they wanted to buy. The hostess had envelopes for them to address to themselves, and then stick the heart in (made thank yous EASY for the bride). I put two order forms in the folders (used the outside order forms available here each month). Blue was for the bride, and white for their personal orders. (Only charged S/H once) Got two booking off of it too! Lots of good advice on this site. Calm down, breathe, and search! It will be great!

OK, at least you got a wishlist coming...

One thing you can do is print pictures of the items she wants and the price and put them on a board.

When guests purchase, they can pull an item off so it isn't duplicated.

I'm sure others will give you other ideas.

Give the bride a Season's Best at her show and have the guests sign it...

At checkout, have index cards or ask the host to get thank you cards and while you are adding up the order (the math part where you can't talk to a guest and add at the same time) have them put their name, address, etc. on an envelope to make it easier for a bride to say "thank you".

Search on here for some fun games...maybe have each guest say how they know the bride, their favorite PC tool, and their favorite kitchen tip...

I'd make a bride cake or something premade and have more fun with them playing games and walking through the catalog and have your items there for visuals...

On the back of those cards you made earlier with the products, write on the back who purchased the item. This will make it easier to sort the order out because you have marked what is for the bride, and it can be used for thank-yous.

Some initial ideas - hope it helps...

Keep asking questions...I'm sure more people will chime in - we're good at that here!

Funny Christy - we have some similar stuff there. :)

We must have been typing at the same time! Our ideas must work!

Janet and Christy I love your ideas, I have one this summer for a friend and you guys typing it out step by step will help the shower be as organized as I try to be :)

Chris, Good luck! You can do it! There are some great pictures of batter bowl bride cakes that you can use for an inspiration and some games as well! It should be a fun afternoon and a great show for you! Make sure you bring the microfiber dishcloths if you have them, and borrow them if you don't! you've got 2 weeks to rock this thing! You can do it!

thanks for all the help...and the support! You all Rock!! Hopefully I'll get calmed down...and realize that even if I totally screw this up, hopefully I'll be the only one that notices! LOL!!! I must be doing something right...had a 600+ show today...w/more orders coming! I know I can do this shower thing...it's just new...something I haven't done before! I'll get more info tomorrow...and the girl told me today that she was going out tonight. whew...there was 1/2 a breath I just caught!

Chris~
Good luck with the show! There are tons of great ideas on here, as you can see from the above posts! Bridal showers are always really fun & usually up there in sales!;)

We're all rootin' for you! Now you'll have to keep us updated on your plans and how it all goes. The guests are there to BUY for the bride and will be really forgiving of anything that you do!

straitfan said:
I ordered the apron and markers from supply.

I have my first shower in a couple of weeks also. I'm going to order an apron, but I'm hesitant to buy the fabric markers. Do you think it would work to buy a fabric marker somewhere like Wal Mart? I really don't see the need for three markers...

one game I got from my director is to have a some items from the brides wish list and have them laying out on a tray and have the bride walk around the room while everyone studies the items on the tray (or stone) have the bride leave the room and have them write down what the BRIDE is wearing. The one with the most correct answers wins a SB.

Oh! Jennie! That is perfect!!! That is too cool!!! I was thinking about getting her the Pampered Bride apron too...do you charge the host for that, or do you throw it in as a freebie?? Just looking for opinions!

And, Christy, I'm sure that any fabric marker would work...but don't use a sharpie! They fade and bleed...so make sure it's a FABRIC marker! More than one color might look better, though! Just a thought!

I would just throw the apron in as a gift I havent looked to see how much they are though. I am glad you liked the idea if I ever do a Bridal Shower I totally plan on doing that game.

Okay, got some details! They are expecting 15-20 people, all women. The Bride to be LOVES pc, but does not have any products of her own...she uses her sister's stuff all the time. The soon to be bride and groom just got done remodeling their kitchen, this is her 2nd marriage, and she has 3 boys (8,5,3 from her first marriage). SO! this should be interesting.
I'm entering a supply order today - will certainly be getting the bride's apron!
Thanks everyone for your help so far...will still accept ideas if you all have more for me! LOL!!!

I consider the apron my gift to the bride.

Have lots of fun. Hope it goes well for you, for her, and for the guests.

I ordered the apron today. hopefully it'll get here before the show!! HA! Rae, good idea to give it as a gift to the bride..thanks!

Here's another question...normally, does the host give the hostess benefits to the bride as well? I don't know what the "norm" is for that. Do some hosts keep the benefits for themselves? What are your experiences, all?

They will both get the 10% off for a year. My hostess gave all of the FPV and 1/2 price items to the bride, and since the bride didn't want the host special, she bought the trifle bowl for herself. The hostess used the 30% off discount to buy her gift for the bride and lots of personal stuff too (helped my Comm Sales!)

so, then do you have to enter the bride as the co-host for both of them to get the 10% off for a year? Sorry for the dumb questions...I just need to know! Thanks so much!!

pcchris said:
so, then do you have to enter the bride as the co-host for both of them to get the 10% off for a year? Sorry for the dumb questions...I just need to know! Thanks so much!!

That is correct.

Another tip that I got from doing a search on here. When you enter the order, put the bride in as co-host using her maiden name, and then make her a customer also using her soon to be married name. As you enter the orders under the customer name, also put the items ordered for the bride under the married name. Then print her out a receipt that has ALL of her gift items in one place. Then delete her guest order before finalizing the show. This REALLY helped me out since so many people purchased both for the bride and themselves. (Hope I explained that without being too confusing!)

Christy, that is a fabulous idea! thanks for sharing!

Chris, I did my first bridal show this weekend and I too gave the apron as a gift and had everyone sign it. I also had her come up and do the demonstration. I told her I was teaching her how to make a delicious meal for her soon-to-be husband. Also, for their honeymoon, they are going to Jamaica so we played the tropical island game I found on this site. They had the best time with that game!

So, momofthree...was your bride interested in the biz? What did you make for a recipe?
Were the sales good?
I thought about doing that island game in the past, as I have been doing tropical theme shows in April. Sounds like it would be a blast.

No, the bride is not interested in the biz...loves our stuff though! I did meet one lady who scheduled 2 shows with me (used to sell Tupperware!), a catalog show for now, and a cooking show for Sept. I'll be talking to her more about the business. The bride wanted me to do the Beef Taco Ring. So that's what we did, and I made the batter bowl bride cake and three bride's maids with the prep bowls. Everyone loved those! The party was around $550. Not too bad I guess for 7 guests. She has two other showers in the next couple of weeks, so there were not too many people there.

wow...I just got off the phone with the host, and she said that they have received exactly ZERO rsvp's for this shower I'm doing. They are going to make some phone calls this week/end to see if anyone is planning on coming. Then, I find out that she had a differerent shower just this past weekend with the grooms family. Argh - will have to wait and see next week. Sorry - just needed to vent. thanks for allowing me to do so.

Okay, I guess this is technically a "bump", but it's 2 days till the shower I'm doing, and I'm starting to panic! (I am breathing, by the way!! LOL!!) There are 15 people coming...confirmed! So, now I have questions regarding entering a shower into PP. Do you enter as a Bridal shower, or regular cooking show? Does it make any difference? I didn't even realize that a bridal shower was an option on PP! (duh...) The bride already made up her wish list, so I'm going to pass that around, and people can cross it out when they purchase it. Unless I have time to make a board...been REALLY busy in the last 2 weeks, haven't had time.
They asked me to bring/make a coupl of desserts, so I'm bringing a premade trifle, and figured I'd make something else (don't know what yet, I was thinking taffy apple pizza). They already have a huge cake, so they didn't really think a bride cake would get eaten.
I'm pretty excited for this, but really nervous, as I hope I don't screw this up!

So, one more question...how does the receipt thing work if I enter the purchases through each guest? Obviously the guest will have the receipt. So, if anything goes wrong with the stuff they bought for the bride, how does that get returned without her having the receipt? Or am I totally missing something? (besides my mind!! HA!)
Please help, if you can...thanks!

Okay - never mind....most of my questions are being answered in aother thread.....thanks anyway!!

Related to Help! Newbie Bridal Shower Consultant in Need!

1. How do I plan a bridal shower in a short amount of time?

Planning a bridal shower in a short amount of time can seem overwhelming, but it is possible to pull off a successful event. The first step is to create a timeline and prioritize tasks. Make a list of everything that needs to be done and assign deadlines to each task. This will help you stay organized and on track. It's also important to delegate tasks to other co-hosts or volunteers to help ease the workload.

2. What do I need to do to prepare for the bridal shower?

First, make sure you have all the necessary information from the bride-to-be, such as guest list, theme, and any specific requests. Next, determine the budget and create a shopping list for decorations, food, and games. It's also important to confirm the date, time, and location of the shower with the venue or host. Lastly, make sure you have all the necessary supplies and equipment for the event.

3. How do I come up with a theme for the bridal shower?

Coming up with a theme for the bridal shower can be fun and creative. Consider the bride's interests and hobbies, or choose a classic bridal shower theme such as a tea party or spa day. You can also incorporate the couple's wedding colors or use a theme related to their honeymoon destination. Pinterest and other party planning websites can also provide inspiration for themes.

4. What should I include in the invitations for the bridal shower?

The invitations should include all the important details such as the date, time, and location of the shower. It's also helpful to include the theme, dress code (if applicable), and any gift registry information. Be sure to also include an RSVP date and contact information for the host or yourself. You can also add a personal touch by including a special message or photo on the invitations.

5. What activities or games should I plan for the bridal shower?

There are many fun and interactive games and activities you can plan for a bridal shower. Consider traditional games like "How Well Do You Know the Bride?" or "Bridal Bingo." You can also come up with your own games or activities based on the theme of the shower. Additionally, you can plan a DIY activity, such as creating flower crowns or decorating cookies, to keep guests entertained. Just be sure to have enough supplies and instructions for everyone to participate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • deniseyanes
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kayleigh