• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!!! Needing to Find Info on Germany Pampered Chefers

In summary, Germany is cracking down on home-based businesses, so Dina's friend will need to contact her base for more information before she can get started. She will also need to read all the rules that her base will give her, and she should be able to do business as long as she follows the rules attached to her home based business license.
Dina Atnip
Gold Member
I am looking for info on Germany pcers I have a friend who wants to sign up so I am trying to learn everything I can before I sign her up TIA

im here in germany. i can try to help as much as I can. right now they are having a crackdown on HBB for ppl on the military bases.

What info do I need to help her get started she is waiting until pay day again since I missed this one

Dina, I understand that the waiting time is a bit longer in Germany than in Japan - but she will need to contact her base for a home based business license. It should be free of charge, but is a requirement to do business on a military installation.She also needs to read ALL the rules that they will give her! The main ones should be that (since she is not paying import taxes) she can not sell to the locals. It's considered the Black Market and she would be in violation of Customs Regulations. Her local clientele will be the SOFA Status Personnel who have a military mailing address.The military prohibits us from using their mail system for our business purposes. And we are not allowed to accept mail for others unless we are their official sponsor with orders in hand. She should be able to get catalogs & order forms, but if she gets caught doing Cash & Carry or "ship to host", she'll probably get into trouble with the base.Those are the main rules, but her base may have additional guidelines. As long as she reads the rules attached to her home based business license AND follows them ... she should be good to go. ;)

yup just like sheila said, she should go to the legal office an they will give her info. She also needs to register with the German government to get a business liscense and pay taxes. I am currently only doing online orders/shows b.c I dont make enough to do shows right now to pay the taxes. and it would be like ordering online from old navy or walmart..i'll pm you some info you can pass onto her from a website

Why would you need to pay German Taxes? Since I live on base & am only selling to the Americans, I'm not required to do that in Japan. If I went out into their economy to work, I would but not for doing PC on base.

Its something new that came down here I believe with the SOFA agreement. I never heard of it before but they are really cracking down on it. people that would do photography, bake cakes, make bows and sell them are all having to do it. from everything i've gathered its almost like in the states that if you make so much then you have to pay the taxes. I honestly dont think it would apply to us because they have german consultants so we dont sell to locals and we do direct shipping so we don't do shipping to host, we are having a town meeting to discuss it at the end of the month.
I deploy in a few months so if anyone wants to order im having them do it thru my site to just cover everyones butt then when i get back i'll be seperating back to the states the next month then it should all be gravy after that.

Sorry, was looking for something else & saw this. Yes, those who are making their products would be subject to local taxes, especially if they are selling to the locals. But we are not making or altering the PC product, so the PC Consultants should be exempt from paying local taxes. ;)Question though, have you had any issues with being told you can't use your personal vehicle to go do shows? A newbie is being told that by her base in Germany and I've never heard that in Japan. I thought they were saying you can't use a government vehicle and/or you can't park somewhere & use your vehicle as a storefront. But she's saying that the legal office told her hosts could come to her house but she can't drive to their house. She can walk ... just not drive for home based business purposes. Sounds super weird to me! LOL

That is weird, Sheila! Because when I was in Germany I was told I couldn't have shows at my home because I couldn't use it as a store and that is what I would be doing if I invited people to come to my house and then sold them stuff. So I had to go to the host and not have the host come to me. Weird!

Boy it seems you all had it the hard way. It was much easyer going though the German PC and then selling to americans LOL

ChefShalon said:
Boy it seems you all had it the hard way. It was much easyer going though the German PC and then selling to americans LOL

While that could be an option in Germany, you wouldn't be able to move your business with you when you leave the base.

Glad I found this! I have a consultant who is quickly kicking up her biz and trying to promote to Director in the next couple of months (Fast Track) and is REALLY concerned about how to do the biz over there. I'm not familiar with it at all, but I'm hoping the Army or even PC's Home Office can guide us. Any and all info that would help is appreciated!

Thanks!

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. Our mission is to help people enjoy the fun and fulfillment of cooking at home.

2. How long has Pampered Chef been in business?

Pampered Chef was founded in 1980 and has been in business for over 40 years. We have a strong reputation for providing top-notch products and excellent customer service.

3. Are there Pampered Chef consultants in Germany?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a strong presence in Germany with many consultants offering our products and hosting cooking shows.

4. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant in Germany?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant in Germany, you can sign up through our website or reach out to a local consultant for more information. We offer training, support, and a flexible business opportunity.

5. Are there any exclusive products for Germany Pampered Chefers?

Yes, we have a variety of products that are exclusive to Germany Pampered Chefers, including German-themed kitchen tools and recipes. These products can be purchased through a consultant or on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • RunawayChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikked