• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Managing a Large Senior Living Community Show

In summary, the hostess is unsure of how to control an attendance of more than 50 people at a soup show she is hosting. She is looking for advice on how to go about this.
PamperChefCarol
I might need some help here.

I have a show scheduled in 2 weeks at a Senior Living Community. The hostess asked for 50 invites, but today, after dropping off, feels that she should drop one off at every apartment. That's 154!!

Ok, realisticlly, I won't get 150 to attend, but what the heck do I do if 50 or more show up??? I don't do games at my shows, but I am thinking that I might need to in order to control this.

Even though the attendance may be high, I am not kidding myself into thinking that this will be a massively high sales show. But, hey, who knows, it could. I just need some input into ideas about this size of group.

Anyone out there ever done something like this???? BTW, it's billed as a soup and slipper night.

my suggestion is
1) nametags
2) don't worry too much about an actual demo-set up a few stations like "cutting and chopping" and "entertaining" and "measure and mix"~be sure to provide food items to cut & chop
3) just try to keep their attention for recruting and hosting talk...you are so not going to be able to control a crowd like that!
4) take one of your consultants or a friend that can help you do the orders

that's all I can think of for right now!

For serving, disposable coffee cups (paper or styrofoam) are great for soups shows!The Greek Lemon Rice soup from It's Good For You doubles easily - I've done it at home when my sister and her family were in town. Or if you want to have 2 different recipes, I suggest having that one done and staying warm on a stovetop, and making the Smashed Potato Soup or Quick Turkey Chili in the DCB in the microwave. Some older people have problems picking up large pieces of stoneware, but talking about how it's oven and microwave safe will certainly sell some of the smaller pieces.

French onion soup is a good choice, too. Shows off the Ultimate Mandoline nicely.

Have a station with your Tool Turnabout filled with simple tools that they can play with, peeler, Core N more, etc.

And a display of spices.

Ummm. Be sure to have a helper near the station that has Forged Cutlery. And some bandaids.

Hi there! It sounds like you have a big event coming up at the Senior Living Community. I totally understand your concerns about potentially having a large number of guests attend. One suggestion I have is to reach out to the hostess and let her know that while you appreciate her enthusiasm in inviting all the residents, it may be overwhelming for you to have such a large group. You could suggest limiting the invites to a certain number, or offering a raffle for those who RSVP, so you have a better idea of how many guests to expect. Another option could be to have some pre-made soups and slipper samples available for guests to try, rather than having to make individual servings for such a large group. As for controlling the group, you could try incorporating some interactive elements like a "guess the ingredients" game or a demonstration of a quick and easy recipe using our products. I hope these suggestions help and I wish you the best of luck with your show! Let us know how it goes.

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Needed: Managing a Large Senior Living Community Show"?

The purpose of this show is to provide tips and strategies for effectively managing a large senior living community, including ways to improve resident satisfaction, increase efficiency, and promote a positive work culture.

2. Who is the target audience for this show?

The target audience for this show is managers, administrators, and other professionals working in senior living communities who are looking for practical solutions to common challenges in managing a large community.

3. Will there be any demonstrations or hands-on activities during the show?

Yes, there will be live demonstrations of helpful tools and techniques for managing a senior living community. Attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in hands-on activities and ask questions to further enhance their learning experience.

4. Can attendees earn any professional development credits for attending this show?

Yes, attendees can earn professional development credits through the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) for attending this show. The number of credits earned will depend on the length of the show and the specific requirements of the attendees' state licensing board.

5. Will there be any special discounts or promotions offered during the show?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available to attendees of this show. These offers will be announced during the show and attendees will have the opportunity to take advantage of them for a limited time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cati123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies