• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Creative Uses for a Small Bowl

It is the perfect size for a side dish or pasta. I also like the dots on it.I love this bowl for cereal, ice cream, and other snacks. I am using it as a salad bowl.It is a good size for salads.I think it will be perfect for serving pasta.I will be using it as a Pasta Bowl set. I will get the large bowl to serve my pasta in, then use the small bowls as serving bowls. When I got married the first time, I received 4 different sets of pasta bowl sets. They all had a large serving bowl, then 4 or 6 small bowls. They will be perfect for seving pasta because I'm one that hates to have my noodles
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
someone please tell me what you are going to use this small bowl for?
I have tried as a serving dish not big enough for dinner. (Ok, I'd have to get up to refill it )
It is too big for dip at parties and too small for chips.
Share ideas so I can get my customers excited about it.
Currently, at my house it is the right size for cereal for my 16 year old and ice cream for 13 year old daughter!!HA!!
That is not how I want to promote it though.
Teresa

I have that same concern... too big or too small..
someone on here on another post absolutely loves them...her favorite new item...she said she used them for a salad as a meal...
I was thinking maybe a bowl full of candies? Or a serving dish for a side item ...like rice, green beans...
It isn't on my list of favorites...mainly for the dots, just not crazy about the dots... but the bowl itself is very nice!! Nice quality! I wish it came in white.

I am using it on my counter as a fruit bowl at the moment. Why not try using it as a serving bowl for salad as an entree or candy dish. Hmmm, I'm out of ideas but I'm sure someone else will come up with something.

I'm using it on my kitchen table as a candy dish right now. You can thank my 4 yr old for that idea..lol.

I used it last week as the bowl for my green beans at the table. Worked perfectly. I'm going to promote it as good for side dishes, as well as cereal, ice cream, candy dish, etc. So then people will see that they could use it every day.

I've turned mine upside down and placed the cranberry plate on top - It's the base of my cake plate now.

It will be used in my house for soup or salad. The candy idea was a good one.

It fits on top of the pedestal to the Trifle Bowl so you can lift it to a different level when entertaining and it's a nice size for small appetizers or cookies etc. The large round platter also fits on that pedestal.

I think side dishes or even I make chicken salad for hubbie when the kids and I eat chicken paprikash (he's not a dumpling or noodle fan!) so this will be HIS bowl!

I think it's the perfect pasta or salad bowl. My DH says it looks just the right size for a big cereal snack.

I like big bowls for soups and pasta, so I will use it for that. The first night I got it I had a few preggos over and we filled it with strawberries. It was the perfect size for fruit!

I like big soup and salad bowls. so that's what we'll be using it for.

I've been loving this bowl!I think it's perfect for soups and salads. Single servings of pasta leftovers, too.I have become such a fan of Simple Additions... (sigh)

I am using it with side dishes. Have to control my portions... so using if for me and pasta is way too dangerous!

Teresa Lynn said:
Currently, at my house it is the right size for cereal for my 16 year old and ice cream for 13 year old daughter!!HA!!
That is not how I want to promote it though.
Teresa
There is something big enough for those?!?! LOLOLOL! Maybe, just Maybe it would be big enough for my DH's cereal and ice cream, but I doubt it.

I like it for salad and side dishes. I love ANYTHING Simple Additions, I'll find SOMETHING to use it for!

What about using it to put out condiments on your dining room table?? You know when you don't want the bottles falling all over the place? Ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Gravy, Jelly, Butter.....

Just a thought.....

At our KICK OFF 2007 function last night I used the bowl to serve my Warm Chocolate Mini Cupcakes (in Seasons Best S/S 2007). Because I was traveling an hour to the destination, I didnt want anything bulky to carry. This size was perfect for all 12 of them!

Vanessa
www.pamperedchef.biz/vanessawilliams

I will be using it as a Pasta Bowl set. I will get the large bowl to serve my pasta in, then use the small bowls as serving bowls. When I got married the first time, I received 4 different sets of pasta bowl sets. They all had a large serving bowl, then 4 or 6 small bowls. They will be perfect for seving pasta because I'm one that hates to have my noodles & sauce slopping over the side of my plate. :)

crystalscookingnow said:
I will be using it as a Pasta Bowl set. I will get the large bowl to serve my pasta in, then use the small bowls as serving bowls. When I got married the first time, I received 4 different sets of pasta bowl sets. They all had a large serving bowl, then 4 or 6 small bowls. They will be perfect for seving pasta because I'm one that hates to have my noodles & sauce slopping over the side of my plate. :)

Or salad bowls when you don't have pasta!

...I use my large SA (square) bowl in my woven and small (square) bowls now for pasta or salad!

We're trying to sell our house, and I like to fill the bowl with tealights and set it on the middle of the table when we have someone coming by to look at the house. It looks very pretty, but isn't so big that it distracts from the rest of the kitchen.Off topic, but I also use the large rectangular platter on my counter to hold my pc spices, garlic cloves, and two small candle holders. It looks very nice, and I think I'm going to start using that as a display at my shows.I just LOVE the SA pieces, but nobody ever buys them at my shows!

ChefTS said:
We're trying to sell our house, and I like to fill the bowl with tealights and set it on the middle of the table when we have someone coming by to look at the house. It looks very pretty, but isn't so big that it distracts from the rest of the kitchen.

Off topic, but I also use the large rectangular platter on my counter to hold my pc spices, garlic cloves, and two small candle holders. It looks very nice, and I think I'm going to start using that as a display at my shows.

I just LOVE the SA pieces, but nobody ever buys them at my shows!

Can we see a photo of your rect. platter with the spices and candles?

I love the SA pieces (all white) too....but no one ever buys them at my shows either!

ChefTS said:
We're trying to sell our house, and I like to fill the bowl with tealights and set it on the middle of the table when we have someone coming by to look at the house. It looks very pretty, but isn't so big that it distracts from the rest of the kitchen.

Off topic, but I also use the large rectangular platter on my counter to hold my pc spices, garlic cloves, and two small candle holders. It looks very nice, and I think I'm going to start using that as a display at my shows.

I just LOVE the SA pieces, but nobody ever buys them at my shows!

Oohh!! You could float tealights in it, too! Fill it with water, and most plastic cup tealights will float. Pretty.....

And you can do the gel stuff instead of just water..and suspend different things (shells, confetti) within the gel!

I LOVE the dots bowl. I am on the South Beach diet, so for lunch I make myself a stir fry with chicken and veggies and eat it out of that bowl. We usually like wide soup bowls, too, for things like chili and hearty soups. Soup in a bowl like this will cool off better, which is great for kids!

I use it for dredging my chicken cutlets in bread crumbs or parmesan cheese. I also use it for salads. In fact, I am thinking of buying some fiesta plates to match the colors of the dots and getting 7 more bowls for my regular dishes.

I love the mugs, too. Its lucky we got two of them because my husband and I keep fighting over them!

I have mine on my buffet and put it on the Celebrate plate, it looks very cute

Related to Help Needed: Creative Uses for a Small Bowl

1. What are some creative uses for a small bowl in the kitchen?

Small bowls can be used for a variety of tasks in the kitchen, such as holding ingredients while cooking, serving snacks or dips, or even as a small mixing bowl for dressings or marinades.

2. Can small bowls be used for non-food related purposes?

Yes, small bowls can be used for organizing small items in your pantry or bathroom, holding jewelry or keys, or even as a decorative piece for holding potpourri or candles.

3. Are small bowls safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher?

It depends on the material of the bowl. Most of our small bowls are microwave and dishwasher safe, but it's always best to check the product information or instructions for specific care guidelines.

4. What are the best sizes for small bowls?

The best size for a small bowl will depend on your personal preference and intended use. Our small bowls range from 6-8 inches in diameter, which is perfect for individual servings or small portions of food.

5. Can I use small bowls for baking or cooking in the oven?

It's not recommended to use small bowls for baking or cooking in the oven, as they are not designed to withstand high temperatures. Stick to using them for serving or holding ingredients for your recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• redsoxgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom