• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!!! I Have a Recipe Emergency :)

In summary, the author is planning on doing a cancer show at her house, looking for a wow recipe, and is considering using the dcb in the microwave. She also mentions that she got a new microwave last year for $118, and that the toasting element at the top is helpful.
Chefkelly88
Hello Fellow Cheffers!

I am doing a help whip cancer show at my house on friday.
Granted, it will mostly be close friends and family...but I am looking for a wow recipe.
I really want to do something in my DCB in the microwave. But, I just discovered that my microwave is too small!!!!!:cry:
I am new, so I dont have a lot of extra product outside of the new consultant kit. I do have the stone loaf pan that will fit in my microwave. Could i fix a smaller version of one of the DCB and do it in the loaf pan in the microwave? Any suggestions!
Thank you all for your help!!!
I am planning on doing something in the DCB and throwing it in the oven also!
HELP!!!
Thank you!

The Spinach Carbonara Pizza is really good and my crowds have always loved that one. Do you have the trifle bowl? Skillet? If so, there's some great recipes I could recommend.The Ham and Cheese Calzone is also good.

How about the south of the border meatloaf in your loaf pan? The recipe is on Consultant's Corner - just use the recipe search.​

Thanks for the suggestions!
Unfortunately, I dont have the trifle bowl or the skillet yet :( Hopefully soon!!!
I will check out the carbonara recipe! Thanks for your suggestions!!
Does anyone know of any recipes for the loaf pan in the microwave??

I have made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the oven before (host's microwave was too small). Everything is cooked so essentually you are just melting the cheese.

The DCB makes my microwave scream (yes, it squeals) so often times I use the Deep Dish Baker in the microwave.

You can adapt most of the DCB recipes to the oven, too.

Leslie--I didn't even think about the meatloaf!! What a great idea!!!
wadesgir/kam--thank you for the ideas. Now you have me thinking!!
Maybe the lasagna in the DCB in the oven and then I could also do maybe something simple like apple crisp in the microwave!!!!
Cheffers are the best!!!!!

Perhaps you can try using the cake recipes and just make two? If you have the fluted stone, you can make a cake in your microwave.

The dcb is heavy and though my microwave is fairly large and accoomdates the dcb, the base often stops turning and makes noise also. I still love cooking with the dcb in the microwave.

The other option is to buy a new microwave. :D You know you're going to want to try out the DCB at home and practice so you can do it at shows. Plus, it's so useful for your quick meals every day at home. If you have the space and the $, I'd go get a new microwave now! :D

I got myself a fairly nice microwave last year for $118 at Walmart. It has a toasting element at the top, but you can get a nice big one for about $80. They are fairly inexpensive now.

What should I do if I accidentally burn my dish?

If you accidentally burn your dish, the first thing to do is remove it from the heat source. Then, carefully scrape off any burnt bits and taste the remaining portion to see if it is salvageable. If it is too burnt to save, it's best to start over with a new recipe.

How can I save a dish that is too salty?

If your dish is too salty, there are a few things you can do to try and save it. First, you can dilute the saltiness by adding more of the other ingredients in the recipe. You can also try adding a splash of acid, such as lemon juice or vinegar, to balance out the salt. Another option is to add a starchy ingredient, like potatoes or rice, to absorb some of the salt. If all else fails, you may need to start over or make a new dish to serve alongside the salty one.

My dish is too watery, how can I thicken it?

If your dish is too watery, there are a few different ways to thicken it. You can try simmering the dish without a lid for a bit to allow some of the liquid to evaporate. Another option is to add a thickening agent, such as cornstarch or flour, to the dish. Mix the thickening agent with a small amount of water before adding it to the dish to avoid clumping. If the dish is still too watery, you may need to strain it and start over with a new recipe.

What can I substitute for an ingredient I don't have?

If you are missing an ingredient for your recipe, there are often substitutions you can use. For example, you can replace milk with almond milk or soy milk, or use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You can also often use different types of flour, such as whole wheat or almond flour, as a substitute for all-purpose flour. Do some research online or in a cookbook for specific ingredient substitutions.

My recipe calls for a certain tool, but I don't have it. What can I use instead?

If your recipe calls for a specific kitchen tool that you don't have, there are often alternatives you can use. For example, you can use a rolling pin in place of a meat tenderizer, or a fork to mash instead of a potato masher. Get creative and think about what other tools you have that could serve a similar purpose. If you don't have a suitable alternative, you may need to improvise or consider purchasing the necessary tool for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • nikked
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies