• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!!! I Am Having a Bridal Fair Booth and Don't Know What I Need

In summary, Heather is discussing her upcoming booth at a bridal fair and seeking advice on how to make it successful. She is concerned about the cost and wants to make sure it is worth the investment. She is also unsure about bridal registries and the concept of a "quick registry" that she has been reading about. Other consultants offer advice and tips on how to attract and engage with potential clients at the fair, including having a banner to identify the booth and offering door prizes.
Morvin
O-kay everyone I am having a both at a bridal fair on the 25th it is a pretty large one at a mall so there could be other traffic to. Last year they had almost 1,000 people that registered. And this booth is really going to cost me but like my husband said sometimes you have to spend money to make money!!! Anyway I really want to make sure its not a wasted inestment!! I have been trying to figure out everything that i will need and I have been reading on here for some ideas and I think my head is spinning!! I have never done a bridal registry. So I'm not sure I know very much about it also what is this quick registry I keep reading about? and for those of you that have offered a free bridal shower as a door prize what does this inculed? I want to make sure I give all the information that the need but i don't want to overwhelm them with to much stuff I also don't want to have to pay a fortune to the printers!! any and all input is appreciated!! If anyone has a outline of all the info the take that would be great!!

Thank You Everyone!!!

Heather

Hi Heather -

I just did a bridal expo on Super Bowl Sunday and it was very successful!

The one thing I didn’t have – and should have – was a big sign or banner for the front of the table. Some people just kept walking and I’m sure it’s because they had no idea who I was or what I was offering and I just couldn't get to everyone…

I asked the brides that stopped if they were familiar with PC – if not I explained a little bit about our company. I then asked if they were planning on registering anywhere and if they knew about our registry. Most didn’t, so I explained that it was like any other registry in the sense that they choose their gifts, tell family & friends about their registry, blah, blah, blah, but that ours was different because they earned rewards. I also told them that I didn’t know of any other company offering rewards and that really piqued their interest.

If they weren’t sure I gave them a pre-made packet with a brochure (from Paperwork/Supply), a mini catalog, a recipe card and my business card. Told them they could set it up themselves if they decided they were interested or if they called me I would handle it for them.

If they were interested, I offered the Quick Registry. With the Quick Registry I had a form for them to fill out with their name, address, their chosen password and whether they wanted the Well-Stocked Kitchen or if they wanted to design their own registry. I also had an area for them to mark if they were interested in more info about a bridal shower, the opportunity, hosting a show, and/or my monthly newsletter. If they chose to go with the Quick Registry it just means that I will create the registry for them rather than them having to do it. Hopefully it will save them time, but it also gets more of a commitment out of them - once they've signed up, hopefully they'll be more inclinced to follow through.

When they were finished with that, I gave them a packet with the brochure (also from Paperwork) that explains the reward structure, a Season’s Best cookbook, a paper that I made called Quick Registry Details, and my business card.

I did door prizes for a free bridal shower (includes the food, paper supplies - plates, napkins, cups, etc. - and one of the keepsake aprons), a gift certificate (redeemable only through me), a large stone & rack, and a cookbook (Cooking for Two or More).

I passed out coupons to anyone who would take them. DizziePixie posted them on here before my expo and then I just adapted them with my info and they were great to just hand out to everyone passing by, not just brides.

HTH,
Kearstin

Attachments

• Door Prize Drawing Slip.pub
    405 KB · Views: 462
  • Quick Registry Details.doc
    276 KB · Views: 472
  • Registration Form.doc
    275.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Wedding Registry Coupons.pub
    1.2 MB · Views: 538
  • Well-Stocked Kitchen.pub
    508.5 KB · Views: 325
This is a photo of my booth. I had forgotten my digital camera that day and bought a disposable one from Wal-Mart, so the quality is not real good. Hopefully you can get some ideas from it or PM me if you want to know what's what.

Kearstin

If you have a banner and a way to hang it above the booth, that's the best way to make sure people can identify you. If it's on the front of the table, then folks who are taking to you or filling out forms will block it from the view of others. You can make a stand out of PVC pipe, and then wrap it with tulle (netting) to fancy it up.

Keep your display simple, you don't want the table to look trashy. Have a few big-ticket items out, like the three-tier stand, a piece of cookware, and a piece of stoneware (covered baker maybe).

Don't forget to have recruiting info with you, too. Many brides will be looking for a way to pay for the wedding. :)

KearstinDid you post your booth picture? I can't find it. Can you e-mail it to me at [email protected]Thanks!

Hey, Heather! Is this the fair at Glenbrook Mall in Fort Wayne? Just curious...

I did a bridal fair in the fall and I gave out old catalogs (with a label stating that they were outdated and to call me if they'd like a new one), Wedding Registry flyers, Bridal Shower flyers (no longer available from home office, but you could probably find something just as good from someone here), and my cards in one of the smaller product bags you can order from HO to each bride. I did the booth with my director, and we split all the costs. It was not a huge fair like the one you are doing--ours had 134 brides through. To have stuff for 1000 people is tough--I'd do 1/4 page coupons with Spring mini catalogs (if you can swing that cost--1000 would run $120 on the supply order) and your business card.

We also did a sign-up to win a free bridal shower (includes food, invitations, and postage), and then we called everyone who registered and told them they won. I will be doing about ten bridal shows from that, and I think my director probably got around the same number (we split all the registrants' names). I only wound up with two registries, but I was pretty focused on the showers.

I made a barbie bride cake that we put on display, too. If you can do that, I would really recommend it--we got boatloads of people to stop and talk to us just because they wanted to know about the cake!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey Brandie,

The fair I'm doing is in Richmond about 2 1/2 hours south of Fort Wayne.

I was on here the other day and saw a thread about the barbie bride cake that was done and it was beautiful she posted pic. she used rolled fondant. And I think I might actually be able to do one the fondant sounds much easier than the regular icing. I was thinking about doing one for display and offer for every bridal shower booked that day I would supply the bride cake at the shower. How does that sound? Do you think anyone would go for it?

when you did the free bridal shower did you specify that is was just the food for the demo? I know a lot of bridal showers the host usually makes a few extra snacks I just want to make sure I won't be responsible for that!!

thanks for all the great help!!

Heather

Our sign said that it included the food for the demo and one additional recipe. I think the free cake with every shower booked is a good idea, but be aware that most of the people you get through will be the brides, not the people who will be hosting the shower. So you may not get many (if any) bookings that day. On our drawing sheets, we had options at the bottom:

Please contact me about the Wedding Registry with The Pampered Chef
Please contact me/my maid of honor (circle one) about a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower
Please contact me about hosting a Pampered Chef Cooking Show
Please contact me about earning extra money for my wedding while earning free Pampered Chef products

I've never used fondant, so I cannot speak to how easy it is to work with, but I will say that working with frosting is tough if you don't have much experience with it. I'd practice it each way beforehand to see which is easiest for you (your family will love the practice cakes!).

Again, good luck. Let me know how it goes!

What products should I showcase at my bridal fair booth?

At your bridal fair booth, it is important to showcase a variety of products that are popular with brides-to-be. Some ideas include our wedding registry items, kitchen essentials, and specialty cookware. You may also want to feature some of our top-selling bridal shower and wedding gifts.

How can I make my booth visually appealing?

To make your booth stand out, consider using colorful tablecloths and decorations that match the theme of the bridal fair. You can also create eye-catching displays by arranging our products in an organized and visually appealing manner. Don't be afraid to get creative and add some personal touches to make your booth unique.

What should I wear to the bridal fair?

It's important to dress professionally and comfortably at the bridal fair. We recommend wearing a nice blouse or dress shirt with slacks or a skirt. Comfortable shoes are also a must, as you will likely be standing for long periods of time. Don't forget to wear your Pampered Chef apron to showcase your affiliation with the company.

How can I engage with potential customers at the bridal fair?

Engaging with potential customers is key at a bridal fair. Be sure to have a friendly and approachable demeanor, and be prepared to answer any questions about our products and services. You can also offer samples or demonstrations to entice potential customers and encourage them to interact with the products.

What marketing materials should I bring to the bridal fair?

In addition to product displays, it's important to have marketing materials to distribute to potential customers. This can include business cards, brochures, and catalogs. You may also want to create special offers or promotions specifically for the bridal fair attendees to incentivize them to purchase from you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Karo
  • mountainmama74
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dymplz8