• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! How to Remove Pink Stains on Trifle Dish Lid | Nancy's Tips

In summary, Nancy's dishwasher ruined her trifle dish and she tried different methods to fix it, but nothing worked. bleach, dishwasher, sink, magic eraser. Linda had the same problem with her trifle dish and she found a product that helped.
bancytu
Silver Member
So I washed my trifle dish in the dishwasher and the lid turned pink! Does anyone know how to get it back to white? I rewashed it in the dish washer and that didn't help and I tried washing it in the sink. I even tried washing it with a magic eraser but so far nothing has worked. Other then get a new lid is there a way to turn it back to white!? HELP!
Nancy:yuck:

I don't have any advice to offer, but just wanted to share that it happened to me, too. It did lighten up with time, but it's still a very light pink...

could you try bleaching it? Also what is making the lids turn pink?

I'm am assuming the chili that I had for dinner that night that was stuck on the plates that were also in the dishwasher. It was tomato based and since tomato sauce stains plastic red/pink I have a feeling that's what did it.

I soaked mine in straight bleach overnight. Mine was caused by my own stupidity. I put it in the dishwasher with a bowl that had had chili in it. I put the bowl in and ran the washer right away so I didn't think there'd be a problem; I should have rinsed. Can you say lazy?

thats a bummer

LOL - posted at the same time, and chili for both of us!

call HO and get a new one. Or probably cheaper to just order one on replacements.

Good idea, Linda. I actually have an extra one. I cracked the base of my first trifle and HO replaced it for me. I have an extra bowl and lid:D .

run it again with some plastic booster in it (coems in a red tube can't remember who makes it)

great tip!:D
Teresa Lynn said:
run it again with some plastic booster in it (coems in a red tube can't remember who makes it)
Wow! great tip.....nice to know there are such products out there....

1. How do I remove pink stains from my trifle dish lid?

To remove pink stains from your trifle dish lid, create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, gently scrub the stain with a soft cloth or sponge. Rinse the lid thoroughly with warm water and dry it with a clean towel.

2. Will this method damage my trifle dish lid?

No, this method should not damage your trifle dish lid. Baking soda is a gentle cleaner and should not cause any damage. However, it is always a good idea to test the solution on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure there is no adverse reaction.

3. What if the stain is still present after using baking soda?

If the stain is still present, you can try using a mixture of vinegar and water. Spray or pour the solution onto the stained area and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before wiping it clean. You can also try using a specialized kitchen cleaner or a paste made from cream of tartar and water.

4. How can I prevent pink stains from forming on my trifle dish lid?

To prevent pink stains, make sure to wash your trifle dish lid immediately after use. If the stain is caused by food coloring, try using a clear dish soap to remove it before it has a chance to set. Additionally, avoid leaving acidic or highly pigmented foods in the dish for long periods of time.

5. Can I use this method on other dishes besides my trifle dish lid?

Yes, this method can be used on other dishes with pink stains, such as plastic containers or glass dishes. However, it may not be suitable for delicate or porous surfaces. Always test the solution on a small area first and use caution when scrubbing to avoid damaging the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tonzafunn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
bamagal
  • Shannen