• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! How Do You Handle Shipping?

In summary, The conversation is about how to handle shipping when guests order gifts for the bride and for themselves. There are different opinions on the best approach, but some suggestions include having guests place separate orders and highlighting the gifts for the bride on the order forms. It is also recommended to create a list for the bride with all the gifts she received and to encourage guests to combine orders to save on shipping costs. Ultimately, the goal is to make the process easier for everyone involved and to minimize shipping expenses.
pckimboyers
:confused: Hi everyone, I did my first bridal shower and I tell you I hope they are not all like that!!! That's a whole different thread though---anyway, how do I do shipping when the guest orders something for the bride and for themselves? Do you just have it sent to the address and let them give out the products to the others? I didn't charge direct shipping, so I'm not sure what to do-- I just want this particular one to be over!!!!!:(

i was told by my director that it goes to the brides home or whoever the host was & you give the bride or host a list of what the people bought the bride & the rest is individual orders then the bride or host seperates thats what i did for my bridal show tonight

I have everyone place their order separately and encourage them to also order for themselves. Sometimes people combine their gifts on one order. I do not comment when they do that if that's how they want to do it but I do not suggest it.

Before I close the show I make an order in the bride's name with all the gifts that she received and write in who bought them for her. I print it and then delete it. That way she has a list on one page of all her gifts - that is her warranty record. It is also a double check to make sure the gifts were entered correctly.

I also highlight all the gifts on the order forms and separate the forms in to two stacks (orders that are only for the bride and orders that have guest orders too) so the host can more easily sort when the order comes in.

This all only takes a few minutes and my brides and hosts appreciate it and I have not gotten complaints from guests for that policy. If they ordered a gift on line or from other companies they would pay much more than $4.

Yes, everyone is paying shipping but even at that the shipping barely covers the cost of sending the order to her. I personally don't want the shipping to go up again so if we don't try to beat the system it helps us all.

PS: I try not to let ANYONE who is spending less than $10 pay the full shipping cost. I always suggest that they combine that order with someone else unless they say that they are fine with leaving it.

Thanks ladies! That really clears things up!!! Great! Now I can do this! Thanks again

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your first bridal shower experience was a bit challenging. Shipping can definitely be tricky when guests are ordering for both the bride and themselves. The best way to handle this is to have the products shipped to the hostess's address and let her distribute them to the guests. This way, everyone can receive their items at the same time and you won't have to worry about multiple shipping charges. If you didn't charge for direct shipping, you could also offer to deliver the products yourself or have the guests pick them up from you. I hope this helps and that your next bridal shower goes more smoothly. Hang in there, you've got this!

Related to Help! How Do You Handle Shipping?

1. How much does shipping cost?

Shipping costs vary depending on the size and weight of the order, as well as the destination. Our shipping rates are based on standard shipping through UPS or USPS. You can view the estimated shipping cost for your order during the checkout process.

2. Can I track my order?

Yes, you will receive a tracking number via email once your order has shipped. You can use this tracking number to track your order on the carrier's website.

3. How long will it take for my order to arrive?

Delivery times may vary depending on the shipping method chosen and the destination. Most orders are processed and shipped within 1-2 business days. You can view the estimated delivery date for your order during the checkout process.

4. Do you offer international shipping?

Yes, we offer international shipping to select countries. You can view the list of countries we ship to during the checkout process. Please note that international orders may be subject to additional customs fees and taxes.

5. What should I do if my order arrives damaged?

If your order arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive a replacement or refund for any damaged items. Please keep all packaging materials for inspection by the carrier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vtolin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vtolin
  • brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies