• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HELP!! Healthy Kids Show

kimmers

Dec 19, 2005
I could really use some ideas. I have been asked to do a Healthy kids kind of show for about 50 kids aged 4 - 10 tomorrow night. They want healthy snacks and stuff that the kids could kind of put together there, and be able to eat. I won't be able to cook anything, as I work all day, and have to drive about an hour to where this is being held. I am kind of a junk food junky myself, so any healthy ideas would be great. I know I can use the a/p/c/s, but what else should I do? I don't have any of the kids tools, but I could probably borrow them from my director or one of my cluster members, but if I don't know what to do with them, it doesn't do me any good. I have been racking my brain, and coming up blank. I had some ideas, but then when I finally got a chance to talk to the lady in charge, they went out the window because of how they want to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Kim

Muppetgal

Silver Member
Nov 15, 2005
What about the wraps that are on here as a theme? They could use the food chopper to chop up the veggies and then put them together themselves. They are no cook too!

Could you make an easy no cook dip too? Something like Tzaziki (cucumber and yoghurt, you'd have to google for a recipe sorry) and then have cut up carrot sticks, cucumber etc for them to dip?

chefmary

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Kim:

The Berry Wonton Cups (It's Good For You) are a good finger food and you can make the cups up ahead and have the kids fill them there.

Mary H.

DebbieSAChef

Jan 17, 2006
Healthy snack recipes

Here are some ideas. Remember don't panic, if kids help make things they will eat it. Try to implement the PC tools as much as possible with these recipes since they are not PC recipes just a collection I have personally gotten together either from my own imagination or from other resources.

Instead of serving just one piece of fruit, try using a variety of colourful fruits to keep kids interested. Serve it with yogurt dip or mini muffins on the side.
Monkey Tails - cut bananas in four and insert a Popsicle stick into banana pieces… a healthy banana treat to you, monkey tails to your kids. Occasionally you may want to let them dip it in a little chocolate or brown sugar.
Frozen Yogurt Shapes - Blend a variety of fruit and yogurt at high speed. Place in fun shaped ice cube trays (or plain ice cube trays). Freeze and enjoy healthy frozen yogurt.
Pretzels, cheese cubes, crackers, turkey, even bread made in the bread tube. Use creative cutters to let kids cut out neat shapes and place on top of crackers. Use healthy spinach or wheat crackers. Pita pizzas, and homemade pizzas are great snacks too.
Hope this helps.
Debbie

janel kelly

Advanced Member
Feb 19, 2005
You could make some gummy worms with the peels from peeling apples with the APCS. Use a box of Jello powder and coat the peel well, place it on a stone and bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350. when you take them out, coat them in the jello powder again.

kimmers

Dec 19, 2005
janel kelly said:
You could make some gummy worms with the peels from peeling apples with the APCS. Use a box of Jello powder and coat the peel well, place it on a stone and bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350. when you take them out, coat them in the jello powder again.

I like that idea, and will definetly pass that on. Unfortunately, I won't have access to an oven.

Thanks again for all your help. This forum rocks!!

Aug 23, 2005
The mini dessert pizzas in the Lets Eat Cookbook are no bake and not labor intensive . I have done them at my daughters preschool and they were a hit. Make sure you have plenty of helpers because its a whole different set of dynamics with kids cooking. Good Luck !!!