• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Has Anyone Planned a School Festival?

Suggestions include having a vendor registration form, coordinating with existing events, having a policy about vendors from the same company, and advertising effectively. Other tips include having vendors donate a basket for a silent auction and using a vendor application form.
DanielleQ
Our elementary school is planning a spring festival and I am in charge of vendors. Do any of you have a vendor registration form or any other things that would help me with this? I'm very close to pulling my hair out over this!!!:cry:

What type of vendors are you having?
We do a school carnival every year that I'm helping plan now since I'm on PTO; but it's just games & such.

I just helped planning one. We didn't do vendor forms, but that's a good idea. We'll probably do that if we try it again next year. Unfortunately it was 2 nights ago when all this snow was expected, so the turnout wasn't great. If there's anyway to make it coincide with something already going on (after a PTA/PTO meeting or something) that might help. Ours was held in the same gym where Market Day pickup was. Just make sure you have a policy about how only one vendor from each company is allowed and first come, first served. Maybe have an "order pick up day" where all vendors can drop orders off at the school and customers can pick them up there? Advertising is huge too. I'm sure lots of us have done enough booths to know some good things to be aware of. Ours was a little more informal than most without actual forms and stuff like that, but it worked out well and there were no problems. But I know those do pop up so try to do what you can to avoid them.

We also didn't charge a fee, but asked each vendor to donate a basket for our silent auction in February that's part of another fundraiser.

I have the application for the fair I do every year. I'll attach it just for an example. I've never organized one myself, so unfortunately I don't have any tips for you. Good luck!

Attachments

• application.doc
    27 KB · Views: 330
I have planned vendor events similar to this for a MOMs group I belong to. Here is the vendor application that we used. Let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to answer them for you.

Tracy

Attachments

• 2006 Vendor Contract.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 289

Related to Help! Has Anyone Planned a School Festival?

1. How do I start planning a school festival?

To start planning a school festival, first determine the purpose and goals of the event. Then, gather a team of volunteers to help with different aspects of planning such as budgeting, logistics, and marketing. Create a timeline and set deadlines for different tasks.

2. How can we involve students in the planning process?

Involving students in the planning process can be a great way to get them excited and invested in the event. Consider creating a student committee to help with ideas, decorations, and activities. You can also hold meetings or surveys to gather student input on what they would like to see at the festival.

3. How do we raise funds for the festival?

There are many ways to raise funds for a school festival. You can sell tickets, organize a silent auction or raffle, reach out to local businesses for sponsorships, and offer vendor spaces for a fee. You can also consider partnering with food vendors and splitting profits with them.

4. What are some popular activities or games for a school festival?

Some popular activities and games for a school festival include carnival games, bounce houses, face painting, photo booth, dunk tank, and a cake walk. You can also incorporate educational activities such as science experiments or crafts. Make sure to have a variety of options for different age groups.

5. How can we ensure the festival is safe for everyone?

Safety should be a top priority when planning a school festival. Make sure to have a first aid station and trained staff or volunteers to handle any emergencies. Provide clear guidelines and rules for attendees, especially for younger children. Have designated areas for different activities and ensure proper supervision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • FancyChef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies