• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Darcy Find the Depth of the Rectangular Baker

In summary, a member of a cooking forum is looking for information on the depth of the Rectangular Baker in order to help someone interested in purchasing it. Another member responds by measuring their own bakers and finding that they are both 2 1/4 inches deep. This leads to a discussion about different depths among bakers from different batches and over the years. Some members also mention the glazed exterior and larger size of their newer bakers. One member jokes about the difference being due to living in Canada.
ddcook
Hi,

I've got someone that would like to purchase the Rectangular Baker, but wants to know the depth. I don't own one, so I'm hoping one of you out there can help. Either one; Classic or new Tradition (I assume they're both the same depth... :rolleyes: ), can anyone tell me how deep, in inches, the baker is?

Thank you in advance
Darcy

Okay, I ran to the basement to find a tape measure, stuck the darn thing inside both my NT and Classic rect baker and they're both 2 1/4 inches deep :D

Thank you!! :)

Hmmm... I saw on the other board that hers was approximately 2 1/2. I wonder why both of mine are only 2 1/4? I even went and remeasured. :rolleyes:

I was going to be a smart *** and say it's because you're in Canada but decided not to--I have nothing against Canadians. It just might be that certain batches didn't come out the same.

Mine is 2 1/2"...?!?!?!?!?!

I think like everything else that sometimes in manufacturing someone doesn't do a great quality control job and looks quickly and says close enough.

Are you measuring interior dimensions or exterior?

Actually, my two are different - my old one (about 8 years old) is 2 1/4 inches deep (classic)...my new one (about 2 years old - cranberry) is 2 1/2 inches deep...

...maybe a design change over the years?????

I have a very old classic rect baker and it seems like it is smaller overall- depth and diameter. I like my newer Cranberry one much better! (Because of the glazed exterior which is so much prettier and because it is bigger!)

I measured the interior, and I have the New Traditions...

KellyTheChef said:
I have a very old classic rect baker and it seems like it is smaller overall- depth and diameter. I like my newer Cranberry one much better! (Because of the glazed exterior which is so much prettier and because it is bigger!)

Exacly how mine are.

pamperedharriet said:
I was going to be a smart *** and say it's because you're in Canada but decided not to--I have nothing against Canadians. It just might be that certain batches didn't come out the same.
It's the exchange rate.... :)

Related to Help Darcy Find the Depth of the Rectangular Baker

1. What is the depth of the Rectangular Baker?

The depth of the Rectangular Baker is approximately 2 inches.

2. How do I determine the depth of the Rectangular Baker?

To find the depth of the Rectangular Baker, you can use a ruler or measuring tape to measure the height of the baker from the bottom of the dish to the top edge.

3. Is the depth of the Rectangular Baker the same as the capacity?

No, the depth of the Rectangular Baker refers to the height of the dish, while the capacity refers to the amount of food the dish can hold.

4. Can I use the Rectangular Baker for baking or just for serving?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker is designed for both baking and serving. It is safe to use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher.

5. Does the Rectangular Baker come in different sizes?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker is available in different sizes to fit your needs. Please refer to our product catalog or website for more information on the sizes available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJ-1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • adauw
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Hunter