• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help! Can I Use Our Salt for Cookies?

In summary, Pampered Chef offers a variety of salt options that can be used for cookies. Their sea salt and kosher salt are both finely ground and have a mild flavor that won't overpower the cookies. Their Himalayan pink salt can also be used, but it has a stronger flavor so less should be used. However, their garlic salt and seasoned salt are not recommended for cookies as they may alter the taste too much. Stick to using sea salt or kosher salt for best results.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm in the middle of making cookie dough and just ran out of salt. How on earth did I finish my jug of Morton salt and not write it on my list, is beyond me. So....I have our salt. Can I use it? Should I adjust the amount at all? I need 1 tsp.

I don't have our salt but I do use sea salt. When I bake with it, I use much less. Sometimes up to half as much.

HTH!

Lori

I'd use it, but use less as Lori said.

about 1/2 as much, you think?

Okay, I'll run with that. Thanks for the quick responses. It's so nice to have this place to come to! :D

I never measure my salt(bad I know) I usually just put a little twist in and I am good. Maybe thats why I dont bake cookies much.

Well, thought I'd come back to tell you guys that they turned out just fine. I never would've known the difference. :)

babywings76 said:
Well, thought I'd come back to tell you guys that they turned out just fine. I never would've known the difference. :)

Thanks for the update! So you used half the amount specified?
Stupid question: Did you grind it first or use it right out of the bottle?

babywings76 said:
well, thought i'd come back to tell you guys that they turned out just fine. I never would've known the difference. :)

yeah!!!!!!

I ground the salt first into a prep bowl, then scooped up a little and measured it roughly. I think it was a little more than 1/2 the tsp.

1. Can I use Pampered Chef's sea salt for cookies?

Yes, you can use our sea salt for cookies! Our sea salt is finely ground and has a clean, mild flavor that won't overpower your cookies.

2. Is it okay to use Pampered Chef's kosher salt for cookies?

Absolutely! Our kosher salt is also finely ground and has a slightly coarser texture than our sea salt. It's perfect for adding a touch of salt to your cookies without making them too salty.

3. Can I substitute Pampered Chef's Himalayan pink salt for regular salt in cookie recipes?

Yes, you can substitute our Himalayan pink salt for regular salt in your cookie recipes. However, keep in mind that Himalayan pink salt has a stronger flavor, so you may want to use a little less than the recipe calls for.

4. What about using Pampered Chef's garlic salt for cookies?

We do not recommend using our garlic salt for cookies, as the garlic flavor may be too strong and overpower the other flavors in your cookies. Stick to using our sea salt or kosher salt for best results.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef's seasoned salt for cookies?

No, we do not recommend using our seasoned salt for cookies. The additional herbs and spices in our seasoned salt may alter the taste of your cookies and may not pair well with the other ingredients. Stick to using our sea salt or kosher salt for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Mindy50135