• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help! Can I use our salt for cookies?

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I'm in the middle of making cookie dough and just ran out of salt. How on earth did I finish my jug of Morton salt and not write it on my list, is beyond me. So....I have our salt. Can I use it? Should I adjust the amount at all? I need 1 tsp.

loreo

Banned
Nov 24, 2008
I don't have our salt but I do use sea salt. When I bake with it, I use much less. Sometimes up to half as much.

HTH!

Lori

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Okay, I'll run with that. Thanks for the quick responses. It's so nice to have this place to come to! :D

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
I never measure my salt(bad I know) I usually just put a little twist in and I am good. Maybe thats why I dont bake cookies much.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Well, thought I'd come back to tell you guys that they turned out just fine. I never would've known the difference. :)

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Well, thought I'd come back to tell you guys that they turned out just fine. I never would've known the difference. :)

Thanks for the update! So you used half the amount specified?
Stupid question: Did you grind it first or use it right out of the bottle?

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I ground the salt first into a prep bowl, then scooped up a little and measured it roughly. I think it was a little more than 1/2 the tsp.