• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help a Neighbor in Need: Fundraising After a House Fire

In summary, the conversation discussed various ideas for holding a fundraiser to help a neighbor who experienced a house fire. Suggestions included reaching out to fire departments for support, doing a show at a fire station, and having a friend host a show to restock the kitchen. Other ideas involved donating a portion of commission or holding a show with proceeds going towards restocking the kitchen. The conversation also mentioned the possibility of using a bridal registry-style approach to purchase specific PC items for the neighbor. Overall, the conversation emphasized the importance of offering sympathy and support to the neighbor and waiting for the right time to help them restock their kitchen.
chefdeb410
Has anyone ever approached a neighbor on hosting a fund raiser to help replace/re-stock their kitchen after a house fire? I'm fairly new in the neighborhood and don't really know everyone YET. But a neighbor around the corner had a fire in her kitchen (I heard she left a pot on the stove), and the fire cleaners have been over there for the past two days. I would love to help out, and just not sure how to approach it.
ANY ADVICE/HELP?!

Thanks!

I would also love to have some ideas about this

I would like to go to fire departments and have them to do a fundraiser now so then when someone in their area has a fire, they would be able to give them a nice basket to the home owners, then when they give that basket away, they would have another fundraiser to get stuff for the next family

and so on

what do you think about this idea?

~

Why wouldn't you just do a show and let them get the free product? I think they would come out better that way.

I know we had a hurricane katrina victim that stayed in the area and she had a ton of pc stuff. Our cluster all donated items and money to help her get her pc items back, but maybe do a show at the firestation every other month and get essentials for the kitchen if there's no one in particular that may need the items at the time.

There was an artical in our newspaper last year about a woman in my area who's house burned down and the Dentist that she worked for gave everyone in the office a paid day to help her clean things up. I actually called the dentist's office and asked if I could help her out by having a show and restocking her kitchen. Went to the office and brought treats. She seemed really interested, but nothing ever came of it. I think it is a good idea though, especially if she has a friend that can host for her, since she has too much to deal with right now.

I have a friend (and lover of PC) that lost her home to a fire. It was a complete loss. Everything was so overwhelming for her at first, dealing with the insurance company...dealing with adjusters....finding a place to live...salvaging things.

I'd recommend making the first contact very simple. Offer your sympathy and your support. Tell her you know she's overwhelmed now but that when the time is right you'd love to help her re-stock her kitchen.

My friend attended a show after she received the insurance check and purchased over $200. A few months later we did a show in her apartment.

It was just a little over a year ago that a friends' home burned down. Well, I really wanted to help them out, but only had ONE way to do it! I put out the word that I was donating half my commission for the month to the family. AND was collecting orders to put in as a show for them to restock. I did this without even contacting them. The paper picked up the story, and they found out when another paper picked up the story and called them about it. I even had a generous woman hold a cooking show in her home, and had me put all the orders on the show for the family! It was so wonderful to be able to help them out.

My cousin's house burned down and she put together a list of all of the PC she'd had and needed replaced. BTW, house burned, but stoneware in the stove, just fine! Okay, smokey and not worth cleaning but still...the only thing that really survived.The insurance company reimbursed them for the PC "order" which was almost $900! Then they were able to get all of that free stuff too and were again reimbursed even for the 1/2 price items. So make sure that depending on their insurance I suppose, they may be able to simply replace their typical kitchen items.I think that it's great that we can use PC to help others! Definite just start with a simple meeting. Introducing yourself and saying that you always like to help when you can so if she's interested you'd love to help.

Interesting ideas. I have a lady who wants to do a fundraiser to help someone who's house just burned down. I thought of doing something like we do for bridal registries- would that be possible? Or have the girl make a list of items she needs from PC, people come to the show and buy those products for her along with purchasing things for themselves, then any host benefits would go to the girl in need- so people would buy her things plus she'd get free items in the end. Does that sound legit?
Or would it be easier to do an actual fundraiser where the money was donated to her- but I think she'd get less product via the latter way.

clshirk said:
Interesting ideas. I have a lady who wants to do a fundraiser to help someone who's house just burned down. I thought of doing something like we do for bridal registries- would that be possible? Or have the girl make a list of items she needs from PC, people come to the show and buy those products for her along with purchasing things for themselves, then any host benefits would go to the girl in need- so people would buy her things plus she'd get free items in the end. Does that sound legit?

Quite legit and a great way to handle it. Good luck, may this work out and be a great success.

Related to Help a Neighbor in Need: Fundraising After a House Fire

1. How can I organize a fundraising event for a neighbor who experienced a house fire?

First, reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant to see if they offer any special promotions or discounts for fundraising events. Then, decide on the type of event you want to host (such as a bake sale or silent auction) and set a date. Spread the word through social media, flyers, and word of mouth to gather support and donations for the event.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products for the fundraising event?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen products that can be used for the event. You can purchase these products at a discounted price through your consultant or they may be willing to donate some products for the cause.

3. Can I donate the proceeds from my Pampered Chef party to the neighbor in need?

Yes, you can choose to donate a portion or all of the proceeds from your Pampered Chef party to the neighbor in need. This is a great way to combine your love for cooking and helping others in need.

4. How can I get my community involved in the fundraising efforts?

Reach out to local businesses and organizations to see if they would be willing to donate items or services for a raffle or silent auction. You can also ask for volunteers or donations from your community through social media or community events.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef's fundraising platform to collect donations for the neighbor?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a fundraising platform called Round-Up from the Heart which allows customers to make a donation at checkout. You can designate the proceeds from the Round-Up to go towards your neighbor in need. Contact your consultant for more information on how to set this up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbondr
  • pamperedtracy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • loreo