• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Wellness with a Healthy Cooking Show for Your Workplace!

In summary, Jan is a new consultant who just completed her first 30 days and got her first commission check. She is impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone is on the board. She is planning a Healthy Cooking Show/Fundraiser for the office where she used to work, and is looking for suggestions. She is going to make Satay Chicken Pasta Salad and provide handouts on quick and easy ways to cook healthier using PC products. Trish has used the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad recipe before and offers some tips. Some other suggestions for healthier dishes include Microwave White Chicken Chili, recipes from the "It's Good For You" cookbook, and dishes using the Deep Covered Baker. There is also a discussion about using whole wheat pasta and natural peanut
Jan Lewis
Hi Everyone:I am brand new on this board, as well as a new Consultant. I just completed my first 30 days and got my first commission check!! (Yeah!!) I am really impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone is here!I am going to be doing a Healthy Cooking Show/Fundraiser for the office where I used to work. The company is a benefits consulting firm, and they just instituted a new "wellness" program for their employees, where they get points for certain healthy activities, such as joining a gym and taking stress management classes.I'm going to make the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad, and am preparing a hand out of quick and easy ways to cook healthier (using PC products, of course!). Has anyone else ever done anything like this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just got an email asking if I have a special invitation I want them to send to the employees. Thanks, Jan

Congrats on your first 30 days!

I don't have any experience with what you are asking about, but good luck...hope you get a huge turnout!

I've used this one.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Products that Promote Good Health1a.doc
    229.5 KB · Views: 418
Congrats on your fantastic start!!!

Call me extra healthy but I don't think that dish falls into the healthy category Just cuz it has some veggies. One serving is 10 WW points thats a lot of pts for one meal!!!!

Nutrients per serving: (about 1 1/2 cups): Calories 450, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 31 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 3 g

Trish in Texas said:
I've used this one.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I have never seen that sheet great tips!

Thanks Trish, some really great ideas!!

Jenni said:
Congrats on your fantastic start!!!

Call me extra healthy but I don't think that dish falls into the healthy category Just cuz it has some veggies. One serving is 10 WW points thats a lot of pts for one meal!!!!

Nutrients per serving: (about 1 1/2 cups): Calories 450, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 31 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 3 g

I would tend to agree. It's not the unhealthiest thing, but there are much better dishes. The Microwave White Chicken Chili is light AND delicious!

Another option is to use a recipe from the "It's Good For You" cookbook...they have some yummy ones in there! :) Just an idea...good luck with your effort for this, it sounds great!

You can do a 30 Minute Chicken w/o the skin(there are directions for doing it that way) , and serve it with the Strawberry Spinach Salad. The dressing for the salad calls for just a couple Tbls. of oil - use olive oil, and you are getting in your omega-3 oils.:thumbup: People will love it! And you get to use the DCB - and tell them about all of the other great healthy meals you can make in the DCB.

Pork Tenderloin (the other white meat.:rolleyes:)
Quick Chicken Fajitas
Quick Turkey Chili
Smashed Potato Soup...

...to name a few.

Has anyone tried the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad with whole wheat pasta and natural peanut butter? How many WW points would the recipe be with those changes? Would it taste good that way?

babywings76 said:
Has anyone tried the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad with whole wheat pasta and natural peanut butter? How many WW points would the recipe be with those changes? Would it taste good that way?

I would think that using the ww pasta would maybe lower the points by 1 pt...maybe 2, and the peanut butter wouldn't change it at all - same value for PB, no matter what kind it is.
This is the only way I've made it, since I only buy whole grain pasta, and organic PB.....so I think it tastes fine.
Just don't be deceived that it is a low calorie or low fat dish. That doesn't mean it isn't healthy though. We have come to equate lowfat/low calorie with healthy, and that just isn't always the truth. My biggest pet peeve with WW is that it encourages junk food, and unhealthy foods. All of the WW snacks are nothing but preservatives, artificial colors, and sugar substitutes. (or what I would call non-food.). And don't even get me started on non-fat "cheese"......:yuck:

Okay - That was probably too much - off my Nutritional soapbox now!

ChefBeckyD said:
I would think that using the ww pasta would maybe lower the points by 1 pt...maybe 2, and the peanut butter wouldn't change it at all - same value for PB, no matter what kind it is.
This is the only way I've made it, since I only buy whole grain pasta, and organic PB.....so I think it tastes fine.
Just don't be deceived that it is a low calorie or low fat dish. That doesn't mean it isn't healthy though. We have come to equate lowfat/low calorie with healthy, and that just isn't always the truth. My biggest pet peeve with WW is that it encourages junk food, and unhealthy foods. All of the WW snacks are nothing but preservatives, artificial colors, and sugar substitutes. (or what I would call non-food.). And don't even get me started on non-fat "cheese"......:yuck:

Okay - That was probably too much - off my Nutritional soapbox now!

You mean cardboard!!!

What is a "Healthy Cooking Show"?

A "Healthy Cooking Show" is an interactive and educational cooking demonstration that focuses on creating delicious and nutritious meals using Pampered Chef products. It is a fun and engaging way to learn new recipes and cooking techniques while promoting a healthy lifestyle.

Who can host a "Healthy Cooking Show"?

Anyone can host a "Healthy Cooking Show"! Whether you are a Pampered Chef consultant, a customer, or someone who is interested in learning more about healthy cooking, you can host a show. All you need is a kitchen and a group of friends or family to invite.

What types of recipes are featured in a "Healthy Cooking Show"?

Our "Healthy Cooking Shows" feature a variety of recipes that are nutritious, easy to prepare, and family-friendly. You can expect to see recipes for main dishes, sides, snacks, and even desserts that are made with fresh and wholesome ingredients.

Do I need to purchase Pampered Chef products to host a "Healthy Cooking Show"?

No, you do not need to purchase any Pampered Chef products to host a "Healthy Cooking Show". However, our products are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable, so they are often used in our demonstrations. Plus, as a host, you have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products.

How can I schedule a "Healthy Cooking Show"?

You can schedule a "Healthy Cooking Show" by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website to find a consultant near you. You can also reach out to a consultant if you are interested in becoming a host or hosting a virtual show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • pamperednay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • JessShue