• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Alternatives to Shrimp: Recipes & Ideas

In summary, the Grill it Quick cookbook recommends using the basket for cooking meatballs, kebobs, and skewers. It is smaller than expected and not dishwasher safe.
4kids4me
Anyone have suggestions or recipes for anything other than shrimp for this? TIA!

I wish this basket had a top and lid!!!

grilled veggies was one of the first things that popped in my head

chicken strips with pepper and onion strips, for fajitas!

OR

do the same with beef strips.

delicate fish like tilipia and flouder that generally fall between the grill is going to be a dream to cook this summer.

corn on the cob

potato crisps

I finally saw the grill basket today in person & was surprised how small it is. Was anyone else surprised? the picture made it look so much bigger :)

Yes, I was surprised. But I was surprised about how big the Collapsible Bowl is, too.

Didn't I see or hear somewhere that you can make meatballs in it on the grill? Don't remember where I heard that from.

I think I remember now, the Grill it Quick cookbook - I think it had the meatball recipe in it.

I was thinking fish, veggies, hot dogs, etc would be great in the basket.

What about potatoes and onions?
Sliced kilbasi (sp?)

It's smaller than I thought it'd be, too.

The recipe on the use & care looks pretty good - mushrooms, onions & tomatoes finished with lemon juice, parsley & feta cheese.

i'm going to throw cubed london broil, pineapple and some veggies in there tomorrow night with teriyaki sauce, like shis-kebobs (spelling) without the skewers. we'll see if it works

oh boy that sounds good! I can't wait to hear how it turns out!!! :)

I am very excited about this product, my DH and I eat a lot of shrimp, so I'm glad we'll have something new to use to cook them. Plus I bet it is wonderful for corn and other vegetables. YUM

PartiesbyJamie said:
I finally saw the grill basket today in person & was surprised how small it is. Was anyone else surprised? the picture made it look so much bigger :)

I was really surprised as well. It seems like it is going to be too small to do more than one piece of fish in if you need to turn the fish over. But maybe I'm wrong since I don't cook or eat fish.

The kebobs without the skewers sound great, so does shrimp and chicken/steak for fajitas! I just ate lunch, but I'm getting hungry again... darn snow!

Just read the info on CC about basket, it says it naturally darkens with use. How is this going to look, after a few uses???

I know I will be used it at least 3-4 times a week come Spring. It is also unclear if it is dishwasher safe. I have 2 grilling baskets that I have used for years (purchased at BJ's) and I throw them in the dishwasher and they still look great.

This looks like a GREAT product to use as a demo. Summertime I do alot of deck parties and I am sooo excited that I can use the BBQ. :chef:

I think it would look great as a bread basket on the table too. You could even dress it up with a decorative clothe napkin in it. I am going to suggest this to people that say they do not grill!

Related to Healthy Alternatives to Shrimp: Recipes & Ideas

1. How can I substitute shrimp in a recipe for a healthier option?

There are several options for replacing shrimp in a recipe with a healthier alternative. Some popular options include using diced tofu, diced chicken breast, or diced white fish such as tilapia or cod. These alternatives provide similar texture and can be seasoned with your favorite spices to mimic the flavor of shrimp.

2. What are some healthy recipes that use alternative proteins to shrimp?

There are many delicious and nutritious recipes that use alternative proteins to shrimp. Some ideas include tofu stir-fry, grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, or fish tacos with white fish. You can also use these proteins in dishes like pasta, salads, and soups for a healthy and satisfying meal.

3. Can I use vegetables as a replacement for shrimp in my dishes?

Yes, there are many vegetables that can be used as a substitute for shrimp in dishes. Some popular options include diced zucchini, eggplant, or mushrooms. These vegetables can be cooked in a similar way to shrimp and provide a tasty and healthy alternative.

4. How can I make a shrimp dish healthier without completely replacing it?

If you want to keep shrimp in your dish but still make it healthier, there are a few simple swaps you can make. Instead of frying the shrimp, try grilling or baking it. You can also use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta, brown rice, or quinoa instead of white rice to add more fiber and nutrients to your dish.

5. Are there any specific seasonings or marinades that work well with alternative proteins to shrimp?

Yes, there are many delicious seasonings and marinades that work well with alternative proteins to shrimp. Some popular options include teriyaki sauce, lemon and herb marinade, or Cajun seasoning. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to find the perfect flavor for your dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
grgann
  • bunksc