• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy or Dcb Recipe Collection

The DCB has 19 recipes in it. The first 13 are called "little dishes". They are all recipes that can be made in under 30 minutes and cost $8 each. The next 32 recipes are main dishes with a side dish. The last 12 are desserts. The MIF,MIH has 57 recipes. The first 13 are called "little dishes". They are all recipes that can be made in under 30 minutes and cost $8 each. The next 32 recipes are main dishes with a side dish. The last 12 are desserts. The MIF,MIH has recipes that are mostly healthy but expensive to make. The DCB has recipes that are mostly expensive to make.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I have a catalogue show that's about to close and was thinking of ordering one or the other of these. Which one has the most 'use everyday' type of recipes? Is there somewhere I can find the names of all the recipes included in each?

I'm so undecided on which one to purchase so I thought I'd ask for opinions here. I really like the idea of more DCB recipes but if they're going to be the same recipes that we as consultants already share in our DCB collection or ones that were in the dinner in no time card sets than I don't want it..

Thoughts?

I really like the DCB one I actually sold my Make it Fresh

The DCB one has 19 WONDERFUL recipes in it. I bought that one, and try to sell it with my DCB's!!! It's ONLY $7.50 for some GREAT recipes. The one with the sausage, artichokes, etc. is UNBELIEVABLE! Obviously, I "vote" for that one!

Thank you! It's $10 here in Canada and $20 for the other so I was thinking the MIF, MIH was the way to go since it has more recipes but not really of any use if I won't make them or my family won't eat them.

I'm hoping alot of people will 'chime' in and I'll go with the majority :)

Thanks ladies! :D

Maybe my opinion won't count since I don't have either one...but I looked at both at our last cluster meeting.

After looking at both of them - I am more excited about the DCB one (which I was not expecting).

I was afraid the DCB one would have "old" recipes in it - but the recipes looked all new - and pretty good. There were quite a few that looked very appealing right off the bat.

I haven't made anything from the MIF, MIH one yet. As I looked through it, not many recipes looked like ones I'd gravitate towards. But you never know...at first I thought the Cool & Crunchy Tacos sounded weird, but I love that recipe now! So I should give some of them a try....But, I have done a few recipes from the DCB one and I've been happy. (Well, I didn't like the stroganoff one. ;) )

I'd definitely go for the dcb cookbook. The recipes are fabulous. Plus, in the back it has a chart with cooking instructions for different meats, what is best to cook in microwave, how long, and what not to cook in microwave. It is a very useful tool for the dcb aside from the recipes. Plus it's a great, perfect, cross sell for the dcb.

As for the recipes, the Family Burrito Bake is an absolute family favorite in my house, delicious! I mention it at every show - talk about eating out, going through the drive thru, how expensive it is, etc. (mention family of 4 spend on average $30 at drive thru) then tell them I make this recipe in under 30 minutes for $8 and I'm feeding 6 (5 adults and 1 teenage boy!). Then say, "if I'd gone to Taco Bell for burritos, I'd spend at least $30. So in one meal I saved my family at least $22!" Always gets great remarks. I've sold several to ladies that have the dcb and everyone that's bought one also buys the cookbook.

The MIF cookbook has a lot of "foofy" food. The DCB one has more everyday kind of food. At least at my house. I did't see anything in the MIF book that we'd eat.

I have both of them and far prefer the DCB one..

Which one did you choose? I just got both, finally. The DCB seems boring. Only 19 recipes, as mentioned above. The DCB, I did think had repeats.The burrito bake is very similar to the enchilada recipe from 29 minutes, roasted garlic chicken is predictable, the moroccan white bean chili is similar to the other turky chili recipe - just with moroccan spice added.

MIF,MIH has 57 recipes. The first 13 are called "little dishes" and they really sparked my interest. To me, they look like good recipes for lunch or a light dinner.
The next 32 recipes are main dishes w/ a side dish; the last 12 are desserts.
57 recipes total.

Most of them will be kind of expensive to make since they use a LOT of fresh herbs. I grown my own chives, basil, & cilantro so it will be a good summer cookbook. But then...healthy eating is always a bitmore expensive, isn't it?

The only dessert that looked good to me was the summer fruit ice molds. The lemon cupcakes look yummy but use 7 egg white and only 3 yolks...I'm weird about not having something to use hte yolks for, I know it is part of the "healthy" that is using the egg whites.

They all seem to have a least one "foofy" (haha, love that word) ingredient but they can be found in my local stores...maybe not everyone's, though. Such as jicama or figs. Sometimes my local stores have them, sometimes not. I agree they are recipes where you'll have to plan ahead, since one ingredient will probably be something you don't have on hand all the time.

ShellBeach said:
Which one did you choose? I just got both, finally. The DCB seems boring. Only 19 recipes, as mentioned above. The DCB, I did think had repeats.The burrito bake is very similar to the enchilada recipe from 29 minutes, roasted garlic chicken is predictable, the moroccan white bean chili is similar to the other turky chili recipe - just with moroccan spice added.

MIF,MIH has 57 recipes. The first 13 are called "little dishes" and they really sparked my interest. To me, they look like good recipes for lunch or a light dinner.
The next 32 recipes are main dishes w/ a side dish; the last 12 are desserts.
57 recipes total.

Most of them will be kind of expensive to make since they use a LOT of fresh herbs. I grown my own chives, basil, & cilantro so it will be a good summer cookbook. But then...healthy eating is always a bitmore expensive, isn't it?

The only dessert that looked good to me was the summer fruit ice molds. The lemon cupcakes look yummy but use 7 egg white and only 3 yolks...I'm weird about not having something to use hte yolks for, I know it is part of the "healthy" that is using the egg whites.

They all seem to have a least one "foofy" (haha, love that word) ingredient but they can be found in my local stores...maybe not everyone's, though. Such as jicama or figs. Sometimes my local stores have them, sometimes not. I agree they are recipes where you'll have to plan ahead, since one ingredient will probably be something you don't have on hand all the time.

Wow - that's a really good and thorough review. Thanks! :)

Thank you!

I've made the yummy moroccan white bean chili again from the DCB cookbook. Didn't use the DCB though, just a saucepan on the top of the stove. It's super-easy to make and if you find ground turkey on sale, fairly inexpensive. FOr some reason the packages of turkey around here are 20 oz, not 16 oz like the recipe calls for. It is even better this 2nd time using a little more turkey!
I froze a small container to see if it freezes well when I take it to work for lunch next week.

I have both and I like the DCB one better. I've made probably 4 things out of it so far. I haven't been wow'ed by them but they are good. I haven't made anything out of MIF. I am selling some DCB books to people who already have the DCB. I think I sold one MIF but that girl has like 8 things she plans to make from it. So I think it all depends on the person. I REALLY love the Weekday dinners done recipe cards. Both sets have DCB recipes that are really good.

1. How can the "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" recipe collection help me eat healthier?

The "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" recipe collection from Pampered Chef focuses on incorporating fresh, whole ingredients into your meals. These recipes are designed to help you reduce processed foods and increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. By following these recipes, you can easily create balanced and nutritious meals to support a healthier lifestyle.

2. Are the recipes in the "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" collection easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in this collection are designed to be easy to follow for all skill levels in the kitchen. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make the cooking process simple and enjoyable. The collection also includes a variety of cooking techniques, so you can expand your culinary skills while creating delicious and healthy meals.

3. Can I still use my Pampered Chef tools and products with these recipes?

Absolutely! The "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" collection is designed to work seamlessly with Pampered Chef tools and products. In fact, many of the recipes were created specifically for use with certain tools, such as the Manual Food Processor or Quick Cooker. These recipes will show you how to get the most out of your Pampered Chef products while creating healthy and delicious meals.

4. What types of recipes are included in the "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" collection?

This collection includes a variety of recipes, from breakfast to dinner and everything in between. You'll find recipes for smoothies, salads, soups, main dishes, and even desserts. There are also options for different dietary preferences, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free. With over 70 recipes to choose from, you'll have plenty of options to keep your meals fresh and healthy.

5. Can I personalize the "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" collection to fit my dietary needs?

Absolutely! The "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" collection includes a variety of recipes that can be easily personalized to fit your specific dietary needs. Each recipe includes suggestions for substitutions and variations, so you can adjust ingredients to fit your preferences and dietary restrictions. You can also use the collection as inspiration to create your own personalized healthy meals using fresh ingredients and Pampered Chef tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • veggiemama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
veggiemama
Replies