• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having Trouble With Pull-Apart Bread...

In summary, the garlic pull-apart bread recipe seems to be a little more difficult than expected. Make sure to use only 1/2 stick of butter and to let the bread rest for about three to five minutes before flipping it out so that the butter can be absorbed.
jentapp
I just tried to make the garlic pull-apart bread for the first time and don't know if it turned out right, or not. Is it supposed to NOT be very garlicky and there be a huge pool of butter on the bottom?

I was just about to post a new thread about how to make this. Did you use a fluted pan? I don't have one and am wondering if it's possible to make these without it.

I do have the fluted stone, but made mine in the 8" skillet.

I had the same problem. I added about 6 cloves of garlic. We like a lot of garlic!

I had this probelm, too. Make sure you use only 1/2 (or less) stick of butter! I also add some red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese to mine to kick it up.

Me too....although I used 1/2 a stick plus a little olive oil and I also added the red pepper flakes! YUM! I used romano cheese, too. :D

lso, Make sure you let it rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before you flip it,it gives time for the butter to be absorbed.

Also, Make sure you let it rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before you flip it,it gives time for the butter to be absorbed.

I agree with the others; use 1/2 stick of butter instead of whole one, & let it rest a few minutes. Then, flip it out onto the celebrate plate or the SA medium square (or cranberry accent square!). I'm going to be featuring this recipe a lot in Jan--love it!
I also grate fresh Parmesan cheese over the top before I bake it; then more on the top after I flip it!

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks! Maybe with only half a stick of butter it will actually flip, too (slid out right-side up into its pool of butter before I had a chance to even try to flip it...LOL).

:D

I usually just use one or maybe 2 cloves of garlic. And, if you use less butter, watch the cooking time because it will brown more without the extra butter. I usually just pour the extra on top. I love my butter!

Do ya'll flip the garlic bites out of the pan or slide them out? I have always slid them straight onto a SA plate (so that the top is still the top - make sense?)

pamperedlinda said:
Do ya'll flip the garlic bites out of the pan or slide them out? I have always slid them straight onto a SA plate (so that the top is still the top - make sense?)

I slide mine onto the cranberry rimmed SA plate......I also use a few shakes of the Italian Seasoning when I make them, and grate Parm. cheese over the top before and after baking!

I'm a flipper :D

lisacb77 said:
I'm a flipper :D

Me too!:D Then I take a paper towel & wipe out the remaining butter or seasoning in the pan to show how easy it is to clean!

Use real butter!I have found that when I use real butter, or even stick margarine, I have better results. When my host hands me a tub of Country Crock I cringe because I have found that the bread gets more soggy.

That's because something like Country Crock is spread, and has far more water in it than butter or margarine. Most recipes work best with products that are no less than 70% fat (I think that's the number - I'm at work, so don't shoot me if it's wrong).

Gotta love real butter! Yummmm...... http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/tongue0017.gif

Flip or Slide? Neither!I used to "flip" onto a medium SA, but lately I have been using the Heart Trivet to put the pan on. That's what I do at home, and I find when I show what I do at home, it makes other's more comfortable. I do mention that you can also flip it onto an SA.

Because I start every show with the Pull Aparts, it reminds me to talk about Round Up. Before, I would always forget until I started to put in the first order, and then I would have to interrupt the chatting and catalog looking to fill everyone in. Now, I'm able to talk about the National program (Trivet) and the Local Program (Round Up) at the beginning, and do a quick reminder at the end ("Don't forget that I'll be asking if you would like to Round Up your order for the [fill in the blank] food bank!").

I mention that you can Round Up to the next dollar, or even $5 or $10 if you are so inclined. Because I leave that larger Round Up as an option, and I am sure to ALWAYS mention it at my shows now, my my Round Up donations have gone up considerably, and I am selling a lot of Trivets.

I know this wasn't a thread about Round Up, but this is a program I so believe in, and I wanted to share what has been successful for me. HTH!

how do u make them in the fluted stone??
S

I'm dying to try theseWhich bread goes best with Hawaiian Ham? For sure not the garlic. Any suggestions :D

I usually make these in the 8" skillet & flip them onto the cranberry square at shows. Always impressive! I used to use 1/2 stick butter, but it's just too much. Plus a lot of people cringe when I say I use that much. So now I use 2 tablespoons, 1 garlic clove (2 if small) & 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (pass around at shows to smell & to mention where to put it on the order form for no tax).

I tried these in the fluted pan yesterday for the first time. I did find that I had to bake them about 5-10 minutes longer than in the skillet. I'm going to make these in this pan in January to show stoneware for Feb bookings. I'm making them with soup in the cookware!

I flip it out, to show awesome golden brown bottoms. I use the edge of the pan to start to pull them apart a little. As I'm doing that, I have guests wanting to get in there and get some!

1. Why is my pull-apart bread not rising?

There are a few possible reasons for this. First, make sure you are using fresh yeast and that it is not expired. Also, make sure your dough has enough time to rise before baking. If your kitchen is too cold, it may take longer for the dough to rise. Additionally, make sure you are using the correct amount of yeast and that your dough is not too dry.

2. How can I prevent my pull-apart bread from sticking to the pan?

There are a few ways to prevent this. First, make sure you are greasing your pan thoroughly with butter or oil. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easier removal. Another tip is to let the bread cool slightly before removing it from the pan, as it will be less likely to stick when it has firmed up.

3. Can I use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour for pull-apart bread?

Yes, you can use all-purpose flour, but the texture and rise of the bread may be slightly different. Bread flour has a higher protein content, which helps with the rise and texture of the bread. If you use all-purpose flour, you may need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe.

4. How can I add more flavor to my pull-apart bread?

You can add various herbs and spices to the dough for more flavor. You can also try adding cheese, garlic, or other toppings to the bread before baking. Another option is to brush the bread with melted butter and sprinkle it with herbs or parmesan cheese after baking.

5. Can I freeze pull-apart bread?

Yes, you can freeze pull-apart bread. Let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing. To reheat, let it thaw at room temperature, then warm it in the oven for a few minutes before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pcjulie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • priscilla
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies