• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using a pizza stone with a 'lip' for perfect crust every time?

In summary, the customer is talking about a round stone with a "lip" around the edge that makes a rim when rolled out with a PC wooden roller. The stone is older and different from the newer, smoother stones currently available.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Anyone ever heard of this? She's a PC junkie, swears it's PC, has had it for a few years and says it has a 'lip' around the outside of it so when she rolls out her pizza crust on it with her old PC wooden roller it kind of 'automatically' makes a nice rim around it because of the 'lip' :confused:

I have never heard of PC having one of these but it would be a cool idea in the future!!

This might sound dumb but is she talking about the small round stone??:confused:

The only thing I can think of is the Bar Pan. I've been selling for almost 2 years and buying for a lot more than that and don't remember a round one with a lip.

I'm thinking she's thinking of the bar pan... ????

Small round stone or Deep Dish Baker come to mind.

janetupnorth said:
I'm thinking she's thinking of the bar pan... ????

That's what I thought and I had it and showed it to her but she said 'nope, it's just like the round stone you're making the ring on right now'. And except for the newer stuff in the last year she had almost everything in the catelog.

Thanks all for the reassurance I"m not losing my mind! ;) I've been with PC just over 2 years, and bought for many years before that and didn't remember a ROUND stone with a lip. At first when she said her favourite was the round one with a lip I said oh, big or small? Oh, you mean the deep dish baker? Then the story began....

I have a old stone - over 10 years old. It doesn't have a "lip" but it is designed differently than our current round stone. It has a different edge. When I got my new stone with my kit, I thought "oh, this looks different/weird to me" The new one is more square/smoothed off on the edge. My old one is rounded. I hope that makes sense - doesn't help with the lip question though!
Joanne

It sounds like your customer is talking about the older, unglazed deep dish baker. It had a "lip"/edge (about and inch high). It wasn't nearly as deep as our current deep dish baker. I would keep an eye on the outlet... Donna

I think she has a rogue stone and is confused about where she got it. :)

kcjodih said:
Anyone ever heard of this? She's a PC junkie, swears it's PC, has had it for a few years and says it has a 'lip' around the outside of it so when she rolls out her pizza crust on it with her old PC wooden roller it kind of 'automatically' makes a nice rim around it because of the 'lip' :confused:

sounds like the bar pan to me, does she have the small round stone? It has a curved edge not neccessarily a "lip"

If she got it at a party here is Canada she might have gotten it at a Home & Gift party. They do have those kind of stones.

What is a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'"?

A "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'" is a type of pizza stone that has a raised edge or lip around the perimeter. This lip helps to contain any spills or drips from the pizza, making it easier to transfer the pizza in and out of the oven.

What are the benefits of using a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'"?

Using a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'" can help prevent messes in your oven by containing any spills or drips from the pizza. The lip also provides a barrier to keep the pizza from sliding off the stone while in the oven. Additionally, the lip can help to create a crispy crust as it traps heat and steam under the pizza.

How do I use a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'"?

To use a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'", preheat your oven to the desired temperature and place the stone on the middle rack. Allow the stone to preheat for at least 30 minutes. Carefully transfer your prepared pizza onto the stone, making sure it is centered and the toppings do not hang over the edge. Bake according to your recipe or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.

Can a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'" be used for anything other than pizza?

Yes, a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'" can also be used for baking other items such as cookies, bread, or even roasted vegetables. The raised lip can help to contain any drips or spills from these dishes as well.

How do I clean and care for a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'"?

To clean a "Pizza Stone With a 'Lip'", allow it to cool completely and then gently scrape off any excess food with a spatula or brush. Do not use soap or detergent, as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of your food. Instead, use warm water and a scrub brush to clean the stone. Allow it to air dry completely before storing. Avoid using the stone to cook greasy foods as it can cause the stone to become discolored and affect the taste of your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • slapsappyhappy
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies