• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Have you tried making Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time?

I found everything at Walmart, but I had to go down the aisle twice to find the sundried tomatoes.In summary, the conversation was about making a cheese torta dish ahead of time for a gathering. Some people have made it ahead of time and it turned out fine. There was a discussion about which ingredients to include, with some people preferring sundried tomatoes and others preferring roasted red peppers. One person suggested using Sundried Tomato Bruschetta. The ingredients can be found in various places in the store, such as the pizza section, the pasta section, or the produce section.
chefmeg
Gold Member
has anyone made this ahead of time and if so, how was it?

I have a gathering tomorrow night I want to take it to, but only have time to fix it tonight!

chefmeg said:
has anyone made this ahead of time and if so, how was it?

I have a gathering tomorrow night I want to take it to, but only have time to fix it tonight!

I made it a day ahead..it's fine!

Made one Sat. evening for my open house Sun. Still have some in frig. that I had a little of today & still yummy.

thanks!!!!

One more question: do you have to have the sundried tomatoes or the roasted red peppers????
I couldn't find either in my rush through the store.........

Made it a day ahead of time as well, still tasted yummy :)

I like it better with peppers instead of the tomatoes. If you didn't find either, I think it would work fine...just won't have that color contrast!

Sorry, Kelly, but I think it rocks with the sundried tomatoes. However, I am not a big fan of the Greek Seasoning but I have found Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb is much better. I have done half and half of the two seasonings and it was just as good. I felt the mint in the Greek Seasoning overpowered it.

I have made it with both tomato and pepper and they both are great. I thought the seasoning was perfect and left overs tasted as great as when we made it (had to quick take some to put aside or DH wouldn't have had any left over). One of the great things is you can make it and eat it - on set up time at all!

Thanks for this thread! I hadn't thought of it for my open house - it'll be perfect!

I love the Greek Torta w/ a mixture of tomatoes and red pepper!

For our Fall Kickoff - I did a variation of this - The Fiesta Cheese Torta!

(It's the use & care recipe for the Holiday Platter)

It was a big hit! I think I am going to make this for my Holiday Time shows. You use cream cheese, grated cheddar, minced cilantro, green onion, and Southwestern Seasoning in the base, and then diced tomatoes and chopped black olives for the colored layers, with cilantro sprinkled on top. It came together really quickly, used a good amount of tools, and would be a great easy appetizer to serve for a Gifts To Go show!

chefmeg said:
thanks!!!!

One more question: do you have to have the sundried tomatoes or the roasted red peppers????
I couldn't find either in my rush through the store.........

Have you checked over with the pizza stuff?? I couldn't find the tomatoes anywhere and I finally found them over by the pizza crusts, sauce, and pepperoni's!

Oh - and my director has a great idea for the Torta. She uses Sundried Tomato Bruschetta in hers. That sounded really good! Here, you can find it in with the Pastas and Pasta sauces....and with the Pizza making stuff.

In my store, the bruschetta is with the olives and vinegars and stuff. And the roasted peppers and sundried tomatoes are in with the canned veggies on the very top shelf, which includes like the marinated artichokes, etc.

In Publix, they have them in the produce section near the jars of garlic.

By me, they are in the fresh produce section...

What is a Greek Cheese Torta?

A Greek Cheese Torta is a savory dish made with layers of phyllo dough, cheese, and herbs, typically served as an appetizer or side dish. It is a popular dish in Greek cuisine, and can be served hot or cold.

What types of cheese are typically used in a Greek Cheese Torta?

Feta cheese and cream cheese are commonly used in a Greek Cheese Torta, as well as other types of Greek cheese such as kasseri, graviera, or manouri. Some recipes also call for the addition of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese.

How do you make a Greek Cheese Torta?

To make a Greek Cheese Torta, you will need phyllo dough, cheese, herbs, and butter. The phyllo dough is layered with a mixture of cheese and herbs, then baked until golden and crispy. It is important to brush each layer of phyllo with melted butter to ensure a flaky and delicious result.

Can you make a Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time?

Yes, a Greek Cheese Torta can be made ahead of time. You can assemble the dish and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake and serve. It is best to let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking to prevent the phyllo dough from becoming soggy. Leftovers can also be refrigerated and reheated in the oven.

What are some serving suggestions for a Greek Cheese Torta?

A Greek Cheese Torta can be served as an appetizer or side dish, and pairs well with a variety of dishes, such as Greek salads, roasted vegetables, or grilled meats. It can also be served as part of a meze platter with other Greek dishes. Some people also enjoy serving it as a breakfast or brunch dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • adge
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
adge
  • wadesgirl