• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I do about last minute show changes?

In summary, the host told the expert not to buy the ingredients for the show and the expert is feeling torn. The expert suggests using a potato and a lime. Another idea is to make a quick chili cheese dip. The expert also suggests grating cheese and returning the pan to the oven to melt the cheese.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a show tomorrow night. The host calls me today and told me not to buy the ingredients per our original conversation because she can't pay me back for the ingredients. She told me not to worry about making any food, that she would try to have some things there and serve them on the stone she has. I have never had this happen before. I understand her situation and would like to help her out, but things are tight here too. I don't feel right not doing any food at all. Especially with it being a 6:30 show and guests are probably going to be hungry.
Any suggestions on what to do or what I can make that is cheap?

The garlic biscuit bites, or the easy cinnamon rolls with the cinnamon sprinkles and crescent rolls.I don't know if you have Meijers near you - but this week they have the Meijers brand crescent rolls, and also Grands biscuits 5 for $5.....

If you do something like that, you can also demo more tools using a potato.

chefann said:
If you do something like that, you can also demo more tools using a potato.

I was just coming on to edit mine and suggest using a potato and lime!

I have to say Ann - you're so smart!

Of course, I'd try to figure out how to cook them, so that it's also more food they can actually eat. Like roasting small chunks with a little butter, garlic and rosemary seasoning.

chefann said:
Of course, I'd try to figure out how to cook them, so that it's also more food they can actually eat. Like roasting small chunks with a little butter, garlic and rosemary seasoning.

That would show some stoneware - and could help with bookings for January!

Another one that is more filling and that doesn't cost much and you may have an ingredient or two around is to make a quick chili cheese dip, I use chili with no beans( you can use beans, if you only had that at home!), 1 block of cream cheese and 1 cup of either cheddar or cheddar jack, 1 Tbs of our Southwestern seasoning (taco seasoning if you don't have our sw seasoning)and 1 garlic clove. Mix these all together, and put in mini baker and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with enexpensive store brand tortilla chips.

Another idea I've done is to find the cheapest full size pizza I can find and just make a pizza! Then take a potato and a clove of garlic and show your key tools utility knife, UM, food chopper. You'll use a stone, pizza cutter and spatula with pizza and press your garlic with your garlic press. You don't have to use all your products just to show how great they are, talk about them.
Good luck! That's crazy!

Also- you could ask her what she has on hand, and come up with something you could make with that.

Check these out...

Attachments

• AmazingPotatoDemo.doc
    23 KB · Views: 375
  • AmazingPotatoDemoListofTools.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 295
Crinkle cut the potatoes with a mandoline. Spritz with oil and sprinkle with salt after placing the slices on a large bar pan. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes and finish your demo, grating some cheddar cheese in the process. Sprinkle with cheese and return pan to the oven to melt cheese.

Yum-o!

Thanks so much for all the ideas!

Hope it goes well, Leslie!

1. Have you ever had this happen where your product breaks easily?

No, our products are made with high-quality materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure durability. If you do encounter any issues with a broken product, please contact our customer service for assistance.

2. Have you ever had this happen where the product doesn't work as advertised?

We stand behind our products and their advertised uses. If you are experiencing difficulties with a product, please reach out to our customer service for troubleshooting tips or a possible replacement.

3. Have you ever had this happen where the product doesn't fit in my kitchen?

We offer a variety of sizes and options for our products to accommodate different kitchen sizes and layouts. However, if you encounter any issues with a product not fitting in your kitchen, please contact our customer service for assistance.

4. Have you ever had this happen where the product doesn't match the description?

We strive to accurately represent our products in their descriptions and images. If you believe a product does not match its description, please contact our customer service for further assistance or a possible return.

5. Have you ever had this happen where the product doesn't meet my expectations?

We want our customers to be satisfied with their purchases. If a product does not meet your expectations, please reach out to our customer service for assistance with a possible return or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies