• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Been Keeping up With the Caylee Anthony Case?

In summary, the remains of a 3-year-old child have been confirmed to be those of Caylee Anthony. The child's mother, Casey Anthony, has been in denial from the beginning and her grandmother was seen on tv this morning saying it wasn't her granddaughter's dress. DNA tests have confirmed that the remains belong to Caylee.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I have been riveted to this case (I love Nancy Grace!). It is so very sad.

DH is in law enforcement and when the first major details came out, he and I just looked at each other and shook our heads...it's so terrible that anyone could possibly even think about hurting their own child, but unfortunately we live in a world where terrible things are a reality. We have two kids and can't imagine life without them, and the thought of what that poor little defenseless girl must have experienced just makes me sick to my stomach.

Has your dh been involved with the case Katie?

My prayers are w/ that little girl... Sooo sad!

There's a whole section of Help Find the Missing dedicated to this case. There's a LOT of information there - way more than is included in any one media outlet.

Last edited:
Ann, you left out a W in your linky.

I heard yesterday that someone found a dress that looked like hers by the airport, except it was a size 6, Caylee is only 3 yrs old...I can't imagine it would be hers, but I heard Nancy Grace asking someone if a 3 or 4 yr old could fit into a size 6 dress...I don't know...my daughter is almost 5 and just NOW is in a size 4..

My 3 yr old (will be 4 in Feb) wears a size 4 comfortably and will be going into a size five probably before the end of winter. Her cousin that just turned 4 in August wears a size 5 and will be moving into a 6 before the end of winter. Caylee's 4 birthday happened recently (if I remember correctly, I could be wrong) so she maybe wearing bigger clothes.

I just hope they find her, whatever the outcome....

yes!! It's an hour from my house! It's ALL the news talks about!! Very, very very sad..

chefsteph07 said:
I heard yesterday that someone found a dress that looked like hers by the airport, except it was a size 6, Caylee is only 3 yrs old...I can't imagine it would be hers, but I heard Nancy Grace asking someone if a 3 or 4 yr old could fit into a size 6 dress...I don't know...my daughter is almost 5 and just NOW is in a size 4..

Her grandmother had her dress (At least she said it was her dress) on a news program this morning to let people know the one that was found wasn't Caylee's.

Looks like they may have found her remains....I sure hope so as this has gone on way too long - I also want that smug look wiped off of totmom's face - argh! Caylee's mom needs to have justice served to her and hopefully this will catapult it. I also wonder what her grandmother will say now - she has been in total denial (sadly so) ever since she made the initial call and statement about the odor in the car. I feel so badly for them.

Prayers for that family and little girl - so so sad :(

There is always this little part that holds out hope....and I was so sad when I heard they had found a body....it's just heartbreaking.

I agree Becky. Sadly, in this case, I don't believe that Caylee is alive. And if she isn't, I hope that these remains are hers so that the healing and legal mumbo jumbo can begin.

pamperedlinda said:
I agree Becky. Sadly, in this case, I don't believe that Caylee is alive. And if she isn't, I hope that these remains are hers so that the healing and legal mumbo jumbo can begin.

I agree Linda.....

pamperedlinda said:
Has your dh been involved with the case Katie?

Oops, sorry...didn't see this message back in October! No, we live in a different part of Florida. But when you see some of the things he's seen when it comes to kids and abuse, you start to understand that there are some very sick, pitiful excuses for human beings out there who are allowed to become parents. We continue to pray that the child is at peace now, and that justice will be served...

I just read that the remains found are comfirmed to be hers.

DNA tests confirm remains are Caylee Anthony
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Orlando authorities say DNA tests confirm the skeletal remains recently found in the woods belong to missing toddler Caylee Anthony.

A county medical examiner said at a news conference Friday that the remains match Caylee’s DNA profile, and that the death is considered a homicide.

A utility worker stumbled upon the remains last week, less than a half-mile from where the girl lived. Caylee had been missing since June.

Caylee’s mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, was indicted in October on first-degree murder and other charges, even without a body. She has insisted that she left the girl with a baby sitter in June, but she didn’t report her missing until July.

A search team said they did not check the wooded area sooner because it was submerged in water.

That is soooo sad.

They need to fry Casey!!

Very sad and scary. My heart goes out not only to the child and her grandparents/relatives/friends but also to the mom. She must be so sick to have done this.

Heartbreaking!

Hopefully, now closure can begin for the family and the legal process to give Casey her due will go full speed ahead! I'd like to hear what her lawyer will have to say about this now.....what a slimeball. I can't wait to watch Nancy Grace tonight...

BettieC said:
That is soooo sad.

They need to fry Casey!!

I agree, although I believe that people should be punished they way they killed the harmless person. Not very christian I know, but to hurt anyone, especially a child is unacceptable and so wrong on so many levels.

Prayers to everyone involved, especially baby Caylee.. & to all those who have children, it's heartbreaking to look at your own child & know that someone could do this to a baby..

Good thing I am not a DA, I'd FRY everyone who had anything to do with harming anyone, especially children. Also, slight hijack.... they finally have closure with the John Walsh case of his missing boy from 20+ years ago. I know I am so paranoid about keeping my kids in sight. I wont even let my mom or MIL take the kids anywhere because I know they don't keep as eye on them like I need them too. We were at the children's musuem today and I take a sitter with me or my mom because both kids go in different directions and there are wayyy to many weirdos in the world.
All I know is if anyone every touched my child, I will be in jail b/c I will probably hurt whoever hurt my child(ren). I am a very protective mama bear, even with my teenager. Dh says I am too overprotective, youc an never be too protective of your children, that is why he isn't allowed to go many places alone with them either.

Anyhoo.... FRY CASEY!!!!

I agree that there is no punishment too extreme for whoever did this. However, just remember that we don't know who that is. Yes, I agree that things look suspicious for her mom. I'm just trying to reserve judgment until more evidence is shared with us.

raebates said:
I agree that there is no punishment too extreme for whoever did this. However, just remember that we don't know who that is. Yes, I agree that things look suspicious for her mom. I'm just trying to reserve judgment until more evidence is shared with us.

The mom was convicted wasn't she?

She's in jail right now on charges of murder, but no trial or conviction as of yet.

She's awaiting trial. Frankly, anything could happen between now and then. I'm not saying she's innocent. I'm just attempting to remember that she's not yet proven guilty.

raebates said:
She's awaiting trial. Frankly, anything could happen between now and then. I'm not saying she's innocent. I'm just attempting to remember that she's not yet proven guilty.

True, but she is a wack job.

No argument here.

raebates said:
No argument here.

All parents should be given a test and must pass before they can leave the hospital. There really needs to be a better system for parenting, it is sad how many children die each year at the hands of their own parents. What gets me is the parents whose kids go missing ( like Caylee) and then they cry on TV and beg for people to help... and then low and behold, they are the guilty one. There was the woman , Susan Smith who drove her kids into the lake years ago, the Marcus Feisel case that happened here in Cincy as well as many others. It is so sad and so sickening. Even sadder when a child unfortunatley dissapears and it is not at the hands of the parents, the parents are always the 1st accused now these days because other parents give the rest of us a bad name when they are going through something so horrible. I could go on about this for days, so I will get off my soapbox now.

merego said:
All parents should be given a test and must pass before they can leave the hospital. There really needs to be a better system for parenting, it is sad how many children die each year at the hands of their own parents. What gets me is the parents whose kids go missing ( like Caylee) and then they cry on TV and beg for people to help... and then low and behold, they are the guilty one. There was the woman , Susan Smith who drove her kids into the lake years ago, the Marcus Feisel case that happened here in Cincy as well as many others. It is so sad and so sickening. Even sadder when a child unfortunatley dissapears and it is not at the hands of the parents, the parents are always the 1st accused now these days because other parents give the rest of us a bad name when they are going through something so horrible. I could go on about this for days, so I will get off my soapbox now.

Some friends and I were talking about this last night, and we were saying that it's SO sad that you need a license to drive a car, a license to carry a concealed weapon, but there is NO license requirement to have a child.

I'm with ya, Meredith. Add to that the number of people I know who would love to have children but, for one reason or another, can't. It's heartbreaking.

sklay723 said:
Some friends and I were talking about this last night, and we were saying that it's SO sad that you need a license to drive a car, a license to carry a concealed weapon, but there is NO license requirement to have a child.

And an instruction booklet after the kid arrives - LOL -

I am just so saddened by the whole thing - how do you do that to your own child, then have the country on alert to look for her when you know where you left her body - wasting taxpayers money and giving false hope to everyone - its so sad especially for the kids that do go missing and don't get the attention this child did - my heart does ache for the grandparents - its a total nightmare!

PamperedDor said:
And an instruction booklet after the kid arrives - LOL -

I am just so saddened by the whole thing - how do you do that to your own child, then have the country on alert to look for her when you know where you left her body - wasting taxpayers money and giving false hope to everyone - its so sad especially for the kids that do go missing and don't get the attention this child did - my heart does ache for the grandparents - its a total nightmare!

I agree Dor, what is wrong with people???

The incient that happened here, although both parents are in jail, the one for life, the other made a plea, ratted out the wife and the "girlfriend" they had a live in girlfriend and were swingers got immunity because she ratted both of them out and lead them to the remains. There was talk of having them pay back the county we live in for all the man power and time that was taken looking for this little boy when he had been dead for over 1 week before she came up with her "story" of how he went missing. DH and teenage DS were out looking for this boy, I went on one of the searches, it was so sad. In this case they were foster parents, but had children of there own. How they got foster child is a whole other thread and don't even get me started on that. They even asked to move the trial b/c they didn't think they could get a fair and impartial jury in our area. That was denied, they found a jury but both were convicted. people were outraged that the girlfriend got immunity but her life is ruined, she can't even get a job, has to wear a disguise when she goes out and the state took away her child.
Didn't the runaway bride have to pay back the county she lived in for her search?

Rae, I agree too... so many loving people who want childrem=n and can't have them, just not fair.

I am so sickened by this case...I have been watching for months...

Related to Have You Been Keeping up With the Caylee Anthony Case?

1. What is the latest update on the Caylee Anthony case?

The most recent development in the case is that Casey Anthony's defamation case against Zenaida Gonzalez has been settled out of court. Gonzalez was one of the people Casey initially accused of kidnapping Caylee.

2. Why did Casey Anthony wait so long to report her daughter missing?

Casey Anthony claimed that her daughter was kidnapped by a babysitter and she waited to report it because she was afraid for her daughter's safety. However, this has been heavily disputed and many believe that Casey was involved in her daughter's death.

3. What was the outcome of the trial?

Casey Anthony was found not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter. However, she was found guilty of four counts of providing false information to law enforcement. She was sentenced to four years in prison, but was released after serving 3 years due to time served and good behavior.

4. Is there any new evidence that has come to light?

In 2016, a private investigator hired by Casey Anthony's defense team claimed that Casey's brother, Lee Anthony, sexually abused her and possibly played a role in Caylee's death. However, this claim has not been substantiated and has been heavily criticized.

5. What is the public's reaction to the outcome of the trial?

The public was outraged by the verdict and believed that justice was not served for Caylee. Many people also criticized the prosecution for not providing enough evidence to secure a guilty verdict. The case continues to be a highly debated and controversial topic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy