• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hats Off to Teachers! A Tribute to the Heroes of the Classroom - VBS Experience

In summary, the teacher is complaining about how difficult it is to work with a classroom full of kids. The teacher says that some of the kids are rude and disruptive. The teacher also says that one of the triplets asked if they would get a prize if they behaved well.
esavvymom
Staff member
I just wanted to say - to all of you teachers out there...who work with classrooms full of kids, my hats off to you! Ugh! I don't know how you do it.

I am finishing up a week working at our church's VBS. I am helping out in my son's class- 9 yrs olds. There are 32 of them. Not too bad- but there are 4-5 of them (a set of triplets included) that are just enough to make me want to drink! They are rude, disruptive all the time, and just RUN through the halls or run over anyone who gets in there way when we are in transit. They don't care. Today was the worst coming back to our classroom after assembly. There are over 600 kids at the VBS, so the halls got a little crowded in a few places (it's a big church, so not TOO bad). But our "rude crew" and their followers just bowled over anyone in their way. By the time I was in the classroom, I asked them if tomorrow they want to hold hands or use the ropes like the little kids...because if they can't WALK through the halls without running over other kids (some got hurt!!), then that's exactly what would happen. "You are 9 yrs old and I know you understand how to behave for a few minutes." One of the triplets asked "Do we get a prize if we do?" LOL..>I said "No, you do not get a prize for good manners you should do anyway." One of the mom's of the other kids was sitting there and I apologized to her- explained we had some chaos on the return- she said "I totally agree! They are 9 and know better.". (And my kid has been great all week....PROBABLY because mom is in there, but he has always been decent when it comes to good manners)

ANYWAY- to the classroom teachers....you don't get paid enough! :)

99.9999999% of teachers are the absolute best!

Awwww thanks so much!

Thank you Bobbi! I joined PC to get the thanks I don't get as a teacher. It is hard sometimes, and yes, kids do expect things for what is expected. Thankfully, there are teachers who "retrain" them to know that part of a community is working together.

Thanks Bobbi, I have been an art teacher for 32 years (15 @ elementary and 17 @ junior high) and I still want to be an art teacher when I grow up! I have been truly blessed w/lots of wonderful students over the years. True I have had some bad time and this year has been my worst year of all my teaching career (not just mine...the whole school's...but that is another story), but as I have told my students, my art room is my 'happy place'. More often than not it ends up being a happy place for them, too.

I've never had kids, but I think that teaching has got to be one of the hardest, least appreciated, most important job in the world, not to mention the most underpaid!!! God bless our teachers!!

Related to Hats Off to Teachers! A Tribute to the Heroes of the Classroom - VBS Experience

What is "Hats off to Teachers!"?

"Hats off to Teachers!" is a special event created by Pampered Chef to celebrate and appreciate the hard work and dedication of teachers. It is a way for us to say thank you to the educators who shape the minds of our children.

How can I participate in "Hats off to Teachers!"?

To participate in "Hats off to Teachers!", you can purchase a special Pampered Chef product designated for the event. A portion of the proceeds from each purchase will be donated to support teacher initiatives and education programs.

Can I nominate a specific teacher to receive the donations?

Unfortunately, nominations for individual teachers are not accepted for "Hats off to Teachers!" However, the donations will go towards supporting various teacher initiatives and education programs that benefit all educators.

When does "Hats off to Teachers!" take place?

"Hats off to Teachers!" typically takes place during the month of May, which is also known as Teacher Appreciation Month. However, Pampered Chef may choose to hold the event at a different time of the year.

How much of the proceeds go towards supporting teachers and education programs?

Pampered Chef donates a portion of the proceeds from each designated product sold during "Hats off to Teachers!" to support teacher initiatives and education programs. The exact amount may vary depending on the product and the year, but rest assured that your purchase will make a positive impact on the education community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • colegrovet