• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle Inaccurate Door Prize Slips from SIP & DIP Events?

In summary, the lady accused the speaker of marking X's on the door prize slips himself, but the speaker was able to talk to her and get a booking from her.
loreedfk
I was making follow-up calls based on door prize slips and had some woman accuse me of marking those X's myself - she emphatically denied doing it!! Not a great start to my Power Hour!

No, but don't let it get you down and keep plugging away. She may of had a bad day and took it out on you. The next phone call may be a booking or sale. Good luck!!

Thank you for posting this! You are not alone! About a month or so ago I had a lady mark maybe on the drawing slip. I talked to her at the show and she said she was interested but didn't know her schedule and to give her a call in a month. I had attempted to contact her by phone but had no luck so I emailed her. She emailed me back "I am sorry but I am not interested in hosting a show. I must have inadvertenly marked the wrong box. Please take me off your list". I was so floored when I read that because we had a conversation!!!! I so wanted to email her back specifically mentioning that we had that converstaion but after awhile I calmed down and decided I was better than that and to move on.
So anyway thanks! I am glad we are able to share on here and to know we are not alone.

It's not just you! Sometimes I wonder if they have multiple personality disorder? I've never had someone say that I must have marked it but I've had a few that act like why on earth are you calling me? I ask them if maybe they marked the wrong box and were interested in information on one of the other areas and they'll tell me they didn't mark any boxes. I think people either aren't paying attention and really didn't know what they were marking or they think if they mark some yes answers they'll have a better chance of winning.

Keep up those phone calls! Not all of them are like that!

My director and I were hanging out and decided to just start making calls. I called one lady... This is the conversation:
Me: "I was just going through some of my paperwork and remembered that at Carmen's party you said you might be interested in hosting a show of your own."
Her: I did?
Me: Uh, yes, we were talking in the kitchen with Carmen and Suzie and you said how much fun it was, and I said "maybe you should host a show or your own and you said, maybe I will"
Her: No. I didn't say that.
Me: Ohh... ok. I must have misunderstood. Are you happy with all of your products? Is everything working ok?
Her: The wine bottle opener broke.

I finished the call and when I turned around the director was gawking at me. We just started to laugh.

Lady, I'm not desperate. And I'm not thick-headed. I called you because you said you might want to have a show. What a nut!

Another PerspectiveI think sometimes for a booth of any kind, people think they have to mark an interest in order to win. They don't mean it, they just want to up their odds.

That said, the woman who actually had a conversation saying that she needed to check her calendar and to call in month...to quote "The Price is Right"..."THAT'S TOO MUCH!" :p

To the guests' credit, they sometimes just agree to be polite. So you say, "maybe you should book a party." Their reply of "that sounds like fun" is just that - it sounds like fun. What they may not be saying is, "that sounds like fun....but I'm in the middle of a divorce or but I moved here a month ago and don't know anyone or my house is too messy to have company or my husband HATES parties or I have Little Legue and piano lessons to deal with."

So what they remember is a casual mention of a party and what you remember is them committing to the idea of a party. They aren't crazy just no always real clear....

If a guest says they are interested in having a show always get a booking date. Even if they aren't sure when they can do it tell them and show them that you are putting her down as a booking so the host can get the booking benefit. If you are able to do that then it tends to stick in their memory better. I usually will also give them a host packet at the same time even if they book a couple months down the road. Then they definately can't forget.

Another thing is when they mark the box on the survey slip note it their at the show and get the booking. They are more likely to book at the show than if you wait til a couple days later.

Unfortunately the show this happened at was rather unique - most of the guest were smashed before I ever got through my demo. And the woman who marked the maybes on her door prize slip got an emergency phone call and ran out the door before I was ever able to talk to her. I had 3 people mark Maybe for the opportunity and they all pretty much think I'm crazy - I now think they were too drunk to read the slips!!!

I make a point of NEVER...Using any info I get at a "SIP & DIP"(ped way to much into the liquor) shows. Half the time they have no clue what is being said to them or what they may have marked on the slips. The only thing they seem to be able to concentrate on is where the bar is.
If I think there may have been someone who was interested, I ask the host to double check with certain people before closing her show. It usually comes up a "no" even if 20 people said "Yes that would be neat!"
This came about because of a summer, Saturday evening show I did where they decided to invite the guys and drink. Most marked yes and maybe to everything on the slips. That's when I knew I was in trouble. So I palced NO follow up calls and had the host ask them, she was hoping as there were a few things coming up host wise she would have loved to get, but all said "Did I really mark that?" and then said no. (Of course this was the third time I had to deal with it so...).

Last edited:

1. What is "Has This Ever Happened to You?"

"Has This Ever Happened to You?" is a popular line of products from Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more efficient. These products are specially designed to solve common kitchen problems that many people face on a daily basis.

2. Are the "Has This Ever Happened to You?" products only for professional chefs?

No, these products are designed for anyone who loves to cook and bake. They are user-friendly and can be used by anyone, regardless of their culinary skill level.

3. What types of problems do the "Has This Ever Happened to You?" products solve?

The products in this line are designed to solve a variety of kitchen problems, such as slicing and dicing vegetables, straining pasta, and measuring ingredients accurately. They are also designed to save time and make cooking and baking more enjoyable.

4. How do I know which "Has This Ever Happened to You?" product is right for me?

Each product in this line has its own unique features and benefits. We recommend checking out the product descriptions and reviews to determine which one best suits your needs and preferences. You can also contact a Pampered Chef consultant for personalized recommendations.

5. Are the "Has This Ever Happened to You?" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our products are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend checking the specific product's care instructions for any additional guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MSmith
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
RitaKey
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies