• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

15 Minutes at an Event - What to Do?

In summary,Linda is looking for a way to wow her upper-middle-class Christian Women's Outreach Organization (CWO) luncheon guest in July and is considering a variety of options, including a door prize, mini-catalog, and recipe card.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Hey Cheffers, I need some help! First-off, thanks so much to chefangie (she's a CS lurker, not a poster :p ) Angela scored a great opportunity and passed it on to me and I need a little help figuring out what to do. The event is in July and it's a Christian Women's Outreach Organization. They have a monthly luncheon and each month they have a different guest.....well, for July they want Pampered Chef! woo hoo....did I say thanks to Angela?!

Here's the details:

There will be about 25-35 upper-middle-class ladies at the luncheon. They want me to speak for 15 minutes. They don't necessarily want a demo. The organizer suggested that I pick a theme or a product (one) and talk about it and different uses for it. She loves PC and is familiar with our products, she suggested maybe discussing the dots SA and other uses for it (I don't know if I can talk for 15 mins about that though). I will have a table set-up that the women can come see me after the luncheon to place an order or book a show. The organizer said that I would more than likely get a few orders and a few shows booked. She does not want to treat it as a fundraiser and I can submit the orders however I want to - they do not want any of the benefits.

What can I talk about in 15 mins that will WOW them into placing orders, booking shows, or maybe even joining my team as a consultant. Any and all ideas are welcome! I have to let her know next week what I will be doing so she can print it in the invitation. So, put those thinking caps on cheffers and help me out here.... Angela suggested that I do a door-prize, I just need to ask the event organizer how I can work that in. Since the women know I will be there I was thinking about placing a mini-catalog, biz card, and door prize slip at each place setting or insert it into the program if they have one. I will give away a small product that I have on hand.

Thanks so much!

Linda, what a great opportunity! I think if I had an opp like that, I probably would talk about the S/A...how versatile they are, but would want to talk more about how PC as changed my life for the better! I don't know how to intertwine them, but that's just my opinion! Make sure you let us know how this turns out!

Thanks pcchris. I just don't know if I can talk about SA long enough to fill the time. I figure I'll take the first couple of mins to introduce myself and how I got started in PC and give a brief overview of the company and why Doris started it. They also don't want me to speak to anything religious. They are an outreach organization and want diversity at the luncheon. There will be a religious speaker after me. They also just had Southern Living at Home this month and in case anyone isn't familiar with PC I don't want them to think that we are like SL@H. I want to wow them! I do know that in the coming months they will have Arbonne and a Master Gardner (I'd like to go to that one myself!) then me in July. What can I do that will wow them and make them want more of me - 'er PC!!!

maybe mention that while SLAH, MG and Arbonne are great companies with great products, they are basically "wants". PC offers products that will simplify time in the kitchen, and everyone "NEEDS" to cook and eat. Don't put it like that, but make it creative. Don't want to slam other companies...because that's what they will remember. I'm sure you'll get lots of great ideas from everyone here!!! If I think of anything else that might be helpful, will let you know!

I would talk about the top 5 most useful products:
1. Cookware
2. Stoneware
3. Forged Cutlery
4. Food Chopper
5. Ultimate Mandoline

And PASS THE PRODUCTS AROUND. As you talk about those things, you can throw in booking and recruiting lines.

Oh yeah, Angela also suggested that I give everyone a recipe card (with my info on it of course!) Maybe I can focus my talk around the tools needed to do the recipe? So, now....which recipe to give out?

COuld you start with the SA dots and how versatile it is then lead into how versatile a PC biz is? Talk about how you got started, etc, and maybe share a why bag with them? I love the idea of giving them a mini catalog and doorprize slip at their seat, then giving something away. Then you will have contact info and can follow up for bookings etc. Anyway, if you do the SA bit then talk about your business, you ought to still have a few minutes to plug bookings and the upcoming specials--maybe pass around a bookings binder or else set up a table to the side for people to talk with you afterwards with that info, recruiting info, and demo products out for people to see.

DebbieJ said:
I would talk about the top 5 most useful products:
1. Cookware
2. Stoneware
3. Forged Cutlery
4. Food Chopper
5. Ultimate Mandoline

And PASS THE PRODUCTS AROUND. As you talk about those things, you can throw in booking and recruiting lines.
I thought about that, but I don't think I can get all of that in 15 mins. The organizer really wants me to stick with one or 2 products and/or maybe a theme. Maybe I should talk about stoneware since that's pretty much the cornerstone of PC and hand out a stoneware recipe? I could sneak-in a few other products when talking about stoneware. Okay, so if I go with that then I need a theme (and I dont' think that anything about "getting stoned" with PC will be appropriate for this even...LOL.

But, if I don't go with stoneware, what else is good? Keep the ideas coming ya'll.

I would also talke about how PC believes in empowering women. You'd be amazed at how quick 15 minutes will fly by!

Have you listened to the cookware conference call? Lisa Amblo usually takes the first 15 minutes of her show to talk about cookware. I would suggest doing that and having the adult legos (SA) as a display - maybe with goodies in them that the ladies could try - something easy and cheap...or even just candy.

Maybe you could find out if they are more the type of ladies that do a lot of cooking or if they like to entertain in their homes. That might help you decide what to talk about. If they are not that into cooking they might like the Simple Additions more and you could take all the pieces that you have and do the whole thing around how you can use each of them together, how they stact, etc.
If they like to cook more then you could center it around cookware or stoneware. I think you will be surprised how fast 15 minutes will go.

As I'm reading this the thing that keeps popping into my mind is since the organizer mentioned SA. Why dont you bring a variety of SA and show them how versatile it is Like someone else said Legos for adults. That can lead right into the business. For example " You know I just love our Simple Additions they are so fun and versatile they can do just about whatever you want, which is why I love owning my own PC business. I can work my bisuness to best suit the needs of myself and my family"

I'm not great with words but this kept ringing in my head.

HTH!

You could talk about the fact that not everyone likes to cook but sometimes we have to cook and PC makes it so that you are in and out of the kitchen in no time so you will have more time with your family. Then I might talk about some of the most popular items like, the chopper, garlic press. I might try to focus on specific pieces instead of the whole group (ex:cookware). Pick one piece of cookware that you can't live without.

Hi Linda,

I don't know if this would work, but what about, "How to make the perfect salad!"

Focus on the amazing Salad Spinner (definitely need to mention it goes 13.5 miles per hour)
The Bamboo Salad Tongs
Salad Chopper
Food Chopper
Measure Mix'N Pour (nothing like fresh salad dressing)
Maybe a piece of Simple Additions

Lisa

Thanks for the great ideas....keep them coming!

I guess the reason I hesitate with the SA is because they had SL@H this month and I don't want any of them to think I'm just another "dish lady". kwim? I want to be able to dazzle them and make them want to come see me at my table after the luncheon. I can bring whatever I want with me for set-up and display, I just have 15 mins to speak. The organizer mentioned the new dots SA as I guess she saw it recently. I asked if that was what she wanted me to speak about and she said to talk about whatever I wanted, it was just an example.

I was thinking that when I introduced myself and PC that I couold briefly say something like .... for those of you who are familiar with PC or are PC-Connoisuers YOU KNOW what we are all about....for those of you who are yet not familiar, we are a company started by Doris Christopher blah, blah, blah....and we have an extensive line of top-quality products to make your life easier in the kitchen. Our products range from cookware to serveware to tools & gadgets that I'd love to tell you more about, Right now I'm going to tell you a little more about ......WHAT!?!?

I don't know, how's that for starters?

I would definate mention the causes that PC supports. I know it will be after HWC, but this will mean alot to know that we are not just about selling.

ChefLisa said:
Hi Linda,

I don't know if this would work, but what about, "How to make the perfect salad!"

Focus on the amazing Salad Spinner (definitely need to mention it goes 13.5 miles per hour)
The Bamboo Salad Tongs
Salad Chopper
Food Chopper
Measure Mix'N Pour (nothing like fresh salad dressing)
Maybe a piece of Simple Additions

Lisa

I kinda like this one. Thanks Lisa! I didn't know that the salad spinner went that fast.....did you clock it or is that in the instruction sheet (that I didn't read). Hey, will I see you at Tracy Williams training in May?

Chef Ritz said:
I would definate mention the causes that PC supports. I know it will be after HWC, but this will mean alot to know that we are not just about selling.
good idea, thanks!

pamperedlinda said:
I kinda like this one. Thanks Lisa! I didn't know that the salad spinner went that fast.....did you clock it or is that in the instruction sheet (that I didn't read). Hey, will I see you at Tracy Williams training in May?

When the Salad Spinner was announced at Leadership, they told us it goes that fast. I think that is so funny!

I will probably see you at the training. I love her training!

WOW is all I am going to say... I am envious of your position! Like everyone else says the 15 minutes will go by VERY FAST!!!! Your biggest thing is to leave them wanting for more! I would tell them:

At the Pampred Chef we have all sorts of products to make their life easier in the kitchen ranging in prices from the citrus peeler to help peel your oarnges and grapefruit for only $.75 all the way up to our fantastic cookware that you will never have to pay out of pocket for again due to the lifetime warranty! The best part of the cookware is that if you want to purchase the cookware you can pay full price or, who here likes a bargain? Well if you book a cooking class with the Pampered Chef I can get you the 5 and 7 Piece set for 1/2 off! That's right I said 1/2 off!!!! (you could then talk about all of the booking benefits and tie in recruiting)

I don't know just thought it off the top of my head but it would get them thinking about the catalog and since you are not giving them the full catalog they would want to come and see the products and possibly book a party!!

Thanks Sara, I'll probably use some of your words! Yes, the 15 mins will go by very fast! I'm trying to find a balance between giving them too much info in such a short period of time and being too boring. I will have the complete catalog and order forms with me for anyone who wants them. I'm panning to have little packets already made-up of the mini-catalog, my biz card, and a recipe card....maybe add a coupon for a free SBRC when they place an order with me?

I have read this thread, and all the way through I kept thinking, "What about Salad?" I guess it's because you'll be "featured" in July, when it's hot, salads are always a hit with women, but especially in the hot, summer months, and, of course, the Salad Spinner is on sale for hosts!!
Heck, if you got a lot of orders, you could, if you wanted to, turn it in as a show, which means you could get a Salad Spinner 60% off. With that in mind, maybe you could raffle off tickets to them, to give it away! (You'd only need to sell about $20 worth of tickets to get the money back!)

I just wonder if that might help with the enthusiasm level a little, too!!

Just my opinion, of course....

Best wishes!! It sure sounds like alot of fun!!

Paula

I would mention the great host benefits and what the upcoming host specials are -- you may get some bookings from that. I wouldn't talk about it a whole lot but make sure to mention a sentence or two... perhaps have a flyer with the mini catalog that shows the host specials for July and August

In addition to all the great ideas above, I would also be sure to highlight WHY buying kitchen products thru PC is a good deal: quality, of course, and our 100% guarantees! They have nothing to lose when buying our stuff!

I would talk about how PC has changed your life for at least part of the time.

Talk about tipsPeople love to hear kitchen tips and how to make their job in the kitchen faster. I suggest you talk about how PC makes being in the kitchen quick!

Kind of like a quick spiel on how our tools are designed to help women get in and out of the kitchen quickly but at the same time preparing delicious recipes.

You can talk about tips and products like this:

Who doesn't like great kitchen tips to help them get in and out of the kitchen quickly? We can't all afford a maid so we need to find some ways to make cooking fun, easy and affordable.
First make sure when you start preparing your recipe you begin by doing all the time consuming things first, such as boiling water, thawing out meats, and preheating the oven.
Second have a sink full of soapy water where you can toss in used utensils, spoons and whisks for easy clean up. And pre rinsing will make tossing them in the dishwasher even easier!
Next use shortcuts with bagged salads, prepared and frozen vegetables, grated cheeses, premarinated meats, refrigerated breads and no boil pastas. This will cut your cooking time down tremendously.
Last but not least have fun, enjoy the aromas and sounds around you and feel a great recipe coming together!

Now the best tip to get in and out of the kitchen quickly is to have the best kitchen tools available to you to assist you in preparing recipes! I am going to tell you about some fabulous tools to help you from the Pampered Chef!
Pampered Chef has been bringing quality kitchen products and tools into millions of homes around the country. For over 25 years we have been helping people, like yourselves, get in and out of the kitchen with ease!!
Our food chopper is a popular item. It chops, and cuts as if you had six sharp blades all at once to get the job done in no time.

Our stoneware is ideal for baking foods with that perfect golden brown color! The darker they get, the better the nonstick surface and clean up is a snap!

Our hard anodized cookware comes with a lifetime guarantee! Talk about a smart investment! And dupont coating also makes clean up a snap!

WE have cookbooks to suit any tastebuds, plus a pantry stocked with great ingredients to assist with all of our recipes.

Let's not forget our beautiful entertaining pieces and we even have an entertaining guide you can download from our website, designed by Debi Lilly an expert party planner who has helped people like Oprah and Martha Stewart with their party planning needs, to assist you in planning that perfect party!

There are two easy ways to get these fabulous items for free or at a discount. First hosting your very own show. It's as simple as you inviting over your friends and family while I demonstrate a delicious recipe! I set up, I prepare, I clean up, and you get the benefits. That sounds great to me.
Second is joining the Pampered Chef team and becoming a consultant. Start up cost is only $155, what a small investment for such a huge opportunity! Ask me today how you can start up with a $20-40 discount!
Thank you so much for letting me share my tips and products with you today. I will be available after the other presentations if you need more information! I have my calendar ready to book your show!

Something like that and after reading this, it would not take up 15 minutes but it gets to the point!

Debbie :D

Linda with the socio-economic group you are speaking to I would recommend to focus on Pampered Chef is not only about cooking but also about entertaining. Use some ideas from Entertaining with Ease and focus around that aspect of Pampered Chef. Highlight the "Party in a Bowl" idea featured on Oprah and the versatility of that piece and all the Simple Additions pieces.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I am plannig to focus on the 5 items you can't live without in your kitchen. So, wih that in mind....what can you NOT live without in your kitchen?

Chopper, Forged Cutlery, Easy Read Measuring Cups, Exec. Cookware, Can Opener! Just my kitchens 10 cents worth ... hey... 2 cents doesn't go far these days! :)

stoneware, cookware, forged cutlery (esp. Santuko), cutting board, easy read meas. cups

Chopper, Cutting Board, Utility knife, Small Mix-n-Scraper, Family skillet.

1. What exactly is expected of me during the 15-minute time slot?

The event organizer has requested that you speak for 15 minutes during the luncheon. They do not necessarily want a demonstration, but would prefer if you choose a theme or product and talk about it and its various uses. You will also have a table set up for attendees to place orders or book shows after the luncheon. The organizer has stated that you will likely receive some orders and show bookings from this event.

2. What audience am I presenting to and how many people will be in attendance?

You will be presenting to a group of 25-35 upper-middle-class ladies at a Christian Women's Outreach Organization's monthly luncheon.

3. What are some potential topics or products I can focus on during the 15 minutes?

The event organizer has suggested discussing the dots SA and its various uses, but you can also choose to focus on any other product or theme that you feel would be relevant and interesting to the audience. Some ideas could be hosting a successful party, tips for meal planning with Pampered Chef products, or highlighting a popular or new product.

4. How can I make the most of the 15 minutes to encourage orders, show bookings, and even potential new consultants?

You can use the 15 minutes to showcase the benefits and versatility of Pampered Chef products, share personal success stories or customer testimonials, and offer special incentives or discounts for orders placed or shows booked during the event. You can also mention the opportunity to join your team as a consultant and highlight the perks and benefits of being a part of the Pampered Chef family.

5. Are there any other suggestions or tips for making this 15-minute presentation a success?

Some additional suggestions could be to have a door prize or giveaway to generate excitement and interest, have a visually appealing and organized table display with products and information, and to engage with the audience by asking questions and allowing for Q&A time. You can also consider providing pamphlets or brochures with more information about hosting a party or joining as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAggi
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefAggi
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefinHarmony