• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone's Skewers Melted????

In summary, my husband melted the chef's hat right off the skewers :O He said low heat. The scallops werefine. Home office is sending are placement. My husband swears they are defective (defense mechanism?) ~ I say I have never heard of anyone having this issue. Please tell me if you know of anyone who has melted the chef hat's off the skewers???
its_me_susan
My husband MELTED thechef's hat right off the skewers :O He said low heat. The scallops werefine. Home office is sending are placement. My husband swears they are defective (defense mechanism?) ~ I say I have never heard of anyone having this issue. Please tell me if you know of anyone who has melted the chef hat's off the skewers???

I need piece of mind. lol.

I heard of someone else's skewer hats doing that...maybe on this board? I think it is a manufacturing defect. There is very little chance that HO would have missed this!

Did the whole hat come off? On mine whatever is coating them has sort of bubbled up. I can smooth it down. Hopefully it's not on it's way to melting off!

Right after they came out, I remember someone else posting that their customer was grilling out and the hat melted off. Yikes! Glad I never sold any!

jennyl said:
Did the whole hat come off? On mine whatever is coating them has sort of bubbled up. I can smooth it down. Hopefully it's not on it's way to melting off!

Yup entire cute little chef's hat! Now I don't want to grill with them! Maybe just use for fruit skewers? *sigh*

Yes, you need to call HOMy director when they first came out sold like 8 sets of these and if I remember right 5 out of the 8 sets had problems with the little chef's hat melting off, so call them and send them back for replacement.

Lisa

Oh NO!!! I havent heard about this yet... but i have sold about 10 sets PLUS 4 for my boyfriend and one to my brother. I hope theres dont melt!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
My director when they first came out sold like 8 sets of these and if I remember right 5 out of the 8 sets had problems with the little chef's hat melting off, so call them and send them back for replacement.

Lisa

Lisa do you know if it's an overall problem, or just some?

This is really worrying me. I have sold a lot of these, and now worry about the product melting. I know people will be very mad and upset if this happens. I know I would. I have not tried mine out on the grill yet, as it is actually too hot to grill here. 104 in Tulsa, OK today.

Related to Has Anyone's Skewers Melted????

1. Can I use these skewers on a grill?

Yes, these skewers are designed to be used on both grills and in ovens. Just make sure to follow the proper cooking instructions for your specific dish.

2. How long can I leave the skewers in the oven?

The recommended maximum time for leaving these skewers in the oven is 2 hours. After that, the plastic handle may start to melt or warp.

3. Are these skewers safe to use in the dishwasher?

Yes, these skewers are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them to prolong their lifespan.

4. Can I use these skewers in the microwave?

No, these skewers are not safe to use in the microwave. The metal part of the skewer could cause sparks and damage the microwave.

5. Are these skewers reusable?

Yes, these skewers are reusable. Just make sure to clean them thoroughly after each use to prevent any residue buildup. They are also heat resistant up to 428 degrees Fahrenheit, so they can withstand multiple uses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefTPhad
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefTPhad
  • Melissa78