• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Read The Secret and Does it Really Work?

keep in mind I'm not bashing the book or it's ideas, I just think that it is presented a little bit idealistically. I agree Linda! That is one aspect that The Secret does overlook... we must take ACTION not just think positively!
heat123
Silver Member
Just wanted to see who has read or saw the movie? If so, what do you all think and has it worked for you? I am just now beginning to read it:rolleyes:

LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!

Saw the DVD, then got the book, then got the mp3 to listen to on my 9-hour drive to my family vacation!

Everytime I pick up the book or listen to the mp3, I hear something new!

There's already been a pretty long thread about this The Secret isn't really anthing new, in fact, it's a repackaging of work already published by Napoleon Hill (Think And Grow Rich) and Earl Nightngale (The Strangest Secret) and the really definitive work was done by Esther and Jerry Hicks at Hay House Publishing.

My director ( and also excellent friend) has reccomended it to me. I have asked for it for my birthday next week... hope I get it! I am listening to Les Hewitt Power of Focus right now and that is excellent!

I have the DVD and I have seen the message. I do believe the more you watch it, the more you get from it. Just like anything the more we hear things the more we put them into actions. How about that 3-2-1? How many people embraced it immediately but the more they heard it was working for some the more people are following the concept.

I don't believe The Secret tells anything new just reiterates it in a different light.

The weirdest thing is that I was just thinking about The Secret when I was looking at Linda's and Chef Kearn's September newsletter and how we work the ideas AND then I clicked on New Posts and saw yours!!! Especially when we put out there we are going to have our biggest month ever! You can think it but you have to put your thoughts into actions.

Ok, back to putting thoughts into actions and actually working at my day job.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There's already been a pretty long thread about this The Secret isn't really anthing new, in fact, it's a repackaging of work already published by Napoleon Hill (Think And Grow Rich) and Earl Nightngale (The Strangest Secret) and the really definitive work was done by Esther and Jerry Hicks at Hay House Publishing.
I tried doing a search before I posted but couldn't find anything, then again I didn't do that much of a thurough search either thru pages and pages of threads:rolleyes:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I truly believe that "The Strangest Secret" has been the most impactful thing I have ever heard in my life! My mom introduced me to it right after I graduated from college and whenever I've followed Earl Nightingale's 30-day test... I've achieved my goal.

I'm currently reading Esther & Jerry's "Ask and it is Given" book and LOVING that! A great compliment to "The Secret."

Okay, this may or may not be popular. I have a few issues with The Secret.

I think that The Secret can be just as bad as it is good. Reason being, you don't have to just wish and want and hope that things will be good.....you have to WORK for it. I think that too many people can take away the wrong idea of this and think that all you have to do is think good, positive thoughts then good things will happen....Well, you can think good positive thoughts all day long, but if you don't do the actual work then nothing will happen.

Please keep in mind, I'm not bashing the book or it's ideas, I just think that it is presented a little bit idealistically.

I agree Linda! That is one aspect that The Secret does overlook... we must take ACTION not just think positively!

That's why I love The Strangest Secret... his 30-day plan incorporates both... postivie thinking and ACTION!

pamperedlinda said:
Okay, this may or may not be popular. I have a few issues with The Secret.

I think that The Secret can be just as bad as it is good. Reason being, you don't have to just wish and want and hope that things will be good.....you have to WORK for it. I think that too many people can take away the wrong idea of this and think that all you have to do is think good, positive thoughts then good things will happen....Well, you can think good positive thoughts all day long, but if you don't do the actual work then nothing will happen.

Please keep in mind, I'm not bashing the book or it's ideas, I just think that it is presented a little bit idealistically.

Linda, I totally agree with you. I don't believe the Universe just "hmmm, Kim wants to submit a show today and voila it appears"

In my post I said
chefkimmo said:
You can think it but you have to put your thoughts into actions.

I guess it was my way of being subtle about you can't just think something it appears. In the context of PC, if you are thinking you want more shows, then thinking about getting on the phone won't make them happen (believe me I have tried it!) But thinking about it and then following that up with actions will end up with shows on your calendar.

One thing about The Secret is key is that you can't wallow in a negative thought and have good things happen either. If you are doing things to make the good things to happen then yes, the negative things in your life will become less.

I hope I didn't ramble or make it more confusing but I DO totally agree with Linda.

I haven't read it or heard of it for that matter but I am definately going to look for it...where is the best way to get it??

If you like The Secret, you should see this:http://www.hayhouse.com/images/productpics/3105_c1.gifThis is "The Secret Behind The Secret" that goes further in depth about the Law of Attraction. The Secret is the drive-thru version of The Law of Attraction.

chefheidi2003 said:
I haven't read it or heard of it for that matter but I am definately going to look for it...where is the best way to get it??

I have seen them online.

Barnes & Noble or Borders would have it if you want to get it today. If you can wait, get it through amazon.com.

I bought mine at Target.

I enjoyed the book....
myself & a few from my cluster got to talk with Les Hewitt at conference at his booh, when we were there buying his book. I told him I had read The Secret....he said, great--my book will tell you how to incorporate it:thumbup: (reminder to self--HAVE to get started reading his book!)

I just saw a speaker today at Visions - The Women's expo here in Dallas talk about this. I know many of the things she talked about I had heard before but I would love a book or CD review and the hear more ALl they seem to have is DVD's.

I may look up Les Hewitt and Rhonda Byrne on Amazon and try to get the two together and free shipping

I am reading Les Hewitt's book The Power of Faithful Focus right now...have a copy of The Power of Focus that will be my next read!

I have read this and think that it is very true. If you truely believe it's yours it will be.

I wish they had the book available at the Expo - I bought a 2 day ticket because I know my 6 year old neice is not going to want to sit through the talk. They have the DVD and Chick soup books and stuff there. I am assuming it is the original DVD that has Marci on it since she is one of the original teachers.

Wonder what the difference is in the DVD and the book. I usually read the reviews on Amazon before I purchase books rbut when it comes to this kind of material the reviews can be somewhat mixed. I wish there was a CD available because I like to listen to this kind of stuff while in the car

The DVD only contains the stories told by the teachers of the secret. The book has the exact same material but expands on each topic more. The DVD is 90 minutes. I have both and enjoy both equally.... depending on whether I'm in a reading mood or watching mood.

Related to Has Anyone Read The Secret and Does it Really Work?

1. Can reading "The Secret" really change my life?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I cannot make any claims about the effectiveness of "The Secret" in changing one's life. However, many people have reported positive changes in their mindset and overall well-being after reading the book.

2. What is "The Secret" about?

"The Secret" is a self-help book that promotes the concept of the Law of Attraction, which suggests that positive thoughts and visualization can attract positive experiences and outcomes in one's life.

3. Is "The Secret" based on scientific evidence?

While some concepts in "The Secret" may have some scientific basis, the book itself is not based on scientific evidence. It is primarily based on personal anecdotes and opinions.

4. Can I use "The Secret" to manifest specific things in my life?

"The Secret" teaches that one can manifest anything they desire through positive thoughts and visualization. However, it is important to note that this is not a guaranteed method and results may vary for each individual.

5. Are there any criticisms of "The Secret"?

Yes, there are some criticisms of "The Secret" including the lack of scientific evidence, the oversimplification of complex issues, and the promotion of materialism and individualism. It is important to approach the book with a critical mind and not take everything in it as absolute truth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • merego
  • General Chat
Replies