• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone made this yet? I just stirred up a batch, using 1 1/2 cups

WendyAebi

Aug 24, 2005
Has anyone made this yet? I just stirred up a batch, using 1 1/2 cups flour in the dough and kneading in another 1/2 cup, which is how I understood the recipe. It was so tender I couldn't have rolled it out into logs, plus it was still pretty sticky, so I kneaded in more flour, probably 2/3 cup, and I think it could have used more. I am making this for my first two March shows, and I'm a little nervous. The recipe is very simple but I'm worried about filling the time where I'm kneading and rolling dough.

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance, tips & feedback from anyone else who has already made the gnocchi!!

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
i'm glad you started this thread. i am also going to make this tonight for dinner and was wondering how it was and if it was simple enough to make and how much does it make?

WendyAebi

Aug 24, 2005
The recipe says it makes 4 servings...I'm thinking if you're feeding LUMBERJACKS! LOL I would think more like 5, even 6 dinner servings, and probably 8 to 10 party servings, if you had the garlic pull apart bread, a salad & dessert to go with it.

I just used a jarred marinara sauce to top it off and that kind of spoiled it. The gnocchi itself was good but you really need a WOW sauce to set it off, IMHO. With the plain ol' marinara sauce, it wasn't any more special than everyday spaghetti. I think I'll try it again with the sage butter and see if I feel happier. ;)

Oh, and for what it's worth, my 5 year old and I made the profitteroles yesterday and there are ZERO left. MMMMMMM--those definitely get four stars!!

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Wendy--WOW, your 5 year old made the puffs?! That's an Advanced recipe. They are sooo yummy!! I had the Risotto at our cluster meeting tonight and I cannot believe how good it is! It didn't taste at all like I thought it would. I plan on promoting that recipe this season or the puffs. We also tried the Caprese mini-sandwiches and they were good also, altough the flat bread was kinda hard to bite through and keep the sandwich together.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Italian food and I am so excited about this new theme.

Happy Cooking!!!