• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Had an Open House/Mystery Host

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of hosting a Mystery Host party for the new season's products. The speaker is concerned about not having all the new products available but is advised to use the catalog and listen to the Show and Sell CD to still have a successful party. They also discuss whether to use email or postage to invite guests and the potential for low attendance. The suggestion is made to call it a Mystery Host Show instead of an open house. The speaker shares their personal experience of having a successful party and getting multiple bookings and orders, as well as gaining exposure in their neighborhood. They offer to help with any questions and advise against calling it an open house.
kcjodih
Gold Member
show and not had ALL the new season's products available. I only have one show for September and a couple potentials so I'd really like to try the mystery host thing but I'm concerned because I don't have all the new products. I DO have 50$ PC dollars so I could buy a few more but I'm not sure whether to even bother without having most if not all. Would you or have you had one anyway?

Also, do you just email to those whose email addy's you have or spend money on postage and mail out invites as well. I've seen posts where NOONE showed up and after not getting any bites/orders to my email sale I sent out I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time :confused:

Whatever you do, be sure to host coach yourself. Call people who have not rsvp'd and be sure to do your reminder calls.

As for not having all the products, I would not worry. That is what the beautiful catalog is for. Listen to the Show and Sell CD so you at least know what you are talking about, and go from there.

Have fun!

I've done a few open houses and I definitely think doing the Mystery Host thing is the way to go. Or you could try one without doing that and see how it goes, especially if you want to get some free products and other benefits for yourself. I've done it without having all the new products, but it does help a little to have some. I did a booth at the county fair about 3 weeks ago and we displayed the new products. WOW did people oooh and aaah over the new products, especially the striped Simple Additions! That's one I'd definitely recommend getting if you use your PC dollars! That really attracts attention.

My personal opinion is to NOT spend the money on postage. I guess it depends how many email addresses you have for people and how big your customer base is. I used to spend lots of $$ sending out invites in the mail. I stopped doing that for the last couple open houses I did and really had about the same attendance. I'd put some in mailboxes (or technically ON mailboxes) in your neighborhood and do the rest via email. Mainly because you never know how the open house will turn out. It could be a bust and nobody shows or you could get a good #. I've learned to look at it as you just never know! I haven't done one in a year and I"m thinking about doing one. I just haven't decided. I had a show postpone from mid-September until ???, so I'm thinking of doing an open house that day instead. We'll see!!! I may combine it with a kids' show I've been wanting to do in my neighborhood, but was waiting for school to get started and everyone to get into the swing of things.

My advice is not to call it an "Open House" - people are more likely to come if you call it a Mystery Host Show. A lot of people think an open house is just that - informal drop-in style.Ask your director to borrow some of the new pieces that you don't have. :)

kcjodih, I just had a mystery host party! I sent out flyer's to the people that I didn't see that much! handed out flyers to all my neighbors and Called all my friends! I had about 20 people RSVP and only 8 people show up! I had 5 people call the day of the party that something came up, but they were ordering stuff! That way cause they called they got entered into the drawing! And still own some of the door prizes I had. And a chance to become the mystery host! At the end of my party I had $200.00 worth of sales in my hand! I am closing my party on Wedensday and have 10 outside orders that I'm picking up! Plus I got 4 bookings! 2 catalog shows and 2 kitchen shows! Plus my name is out in my neighborhood! So good luck! If you have any questions~feel free to e~mail me! [email protected]
I can try to help! Good luck!

Note: I agree don't call it an open house! No one will come!

1. What is an open house/mystery host?

An open house/mystery host is an event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant where guests can come and experience our products in person. The mystery host aspect means that one guest will be randomly chosen to receive the host benefits, such as free products and discounts.

2. How do I attend an open house/mystery host event?

You can attend an open house/mystery host event by receiving an invitation from a Pampered Chef consultant or by contacting a consultant directly to inquire about upcoming events in your area.

3. What can I expect at an open house/mystery host event?

At an open house/mystery host event, you can expect to see live product demonstrations, try samples of our products, and have the opportunity to purchase products at a discounted price. There may also be raffles and giveaways throughout the event.

4. Do I have to make a purchase at an open house/mystery host event?

No, there is no obligation to make a purchase at an open house/mystery host event. However, if you do make a purchase, you will have the chance to win the host benefits as the mystery host.

5. Can I host my own open house/mystery host event?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to host your own open house/mystery host event. It's a great way to introduce your friends and family to our products and potentially earn free products and discounts as the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies