• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Ever Walked in a Parade and Handed Out Info About Your

In summary, the conversation discusses different ideas for promoting a business at a parade, such as handing out flyers, having a trailer with a mini show, and having helpers pass out recipe cards. Some suggestions include dressing up as chefs, using a convertible with banners, and offering incentives for booking a party. Overall, the goal is to make a statement and attract potential customers in a short amount of time.
Shae424
Gold Member
Has anyone ever walked in a parade and handed out info about your business? Not sure if this is even allowed I just thought of it and haven't looked into it at all. I thought it would be fun if I put a small thing together and have my uncle pull me in our local parade with a tractor and have some friends hand out flyers and mini catalogs out to the parade watchers!

Re: ParadesWhat would be really fun is if you could have a trailer to put on a mini show. Have a table with a couple products on it and you are doing a pretend "demo". Guests are sitting in chairs or on hay bales or whatever is safest, and have a drink in hand (not a "drink", just a lemonade or something), and maybe a catalog..). Or they are eating snacks, laughing, partying,having a good time. Then on the street you have helpers handing out info (recipe cards) and maybe staple some info about having a good time with friends, etc......benefits of a party. Just thinking out "loud".

Last edited:
Re: ParadesI haven't done this yet, but it was suggested at one of our cluster meetings that you could walk the parade route and hand out recipes with your information on them. Has anyone tried this?

Re: ParadesWhen my kids were younger we did in our neighborhood July 4th parade. They were dressed up as little chefs (PC kids aprons and chef hats I made) They made a sign for their wagon that said My mom is Pampered and gave out twixits clips and business cards. We only had about 125 homes then so not real expensive. For years after that my husband drove my convertible with banners on each side in our homecoming parade and my daughter and I tossed out goodie bags with hard candy and business cards and recipe cards in small cellophane bags.

Re: Parades
esavvymom said:
What would be really fun is if you could have a trailer to put on a mini show. Have a table with a couple products on it and you are doing a pretend "demo". Guests are sitting in chairs or on hay bales or whatever is safest, and have a drink in hand (not a "drink", just a lemonade or something), and maybe a catalog..). Or they are eating snacks, laughing, partying,having a good time.

Then on the street you have helpers handing out info (recipe cards) and maybe staple some info about having a good time with friends, etc......benefits of a party. Just thinking out "loud".

This is sooo what i was thinking!!! :) i wish i had time to put it together our hometown parade is saturday but there will be so towns that are close by maybe i can try this year!! love it!!

Re: ParadesYou can even have the "guests" passing around tools, trying them, looking at them and "talking" to each other, etc.

Re: ParadesI am doing a couple of Parades this year. One for the Annual Summer Fesitival where I live and another at my home town for there 125th Centennial. I made chef hats and aprons for 12 kids and they will be "little Chef's" and help me pass out recipe cards, candy and twixit's. I put all my info on the recipe cards and put on there: "Call me in the next 72 hrs and book a show and be entered in My Summer Fun Giveaway Package" Package is worth around 50-75 bucks. I also have banner's to put on a car, using my dads old time convertible. Also put my info on the banner. I can't wait to to this! Plus my "little Chef's will be getting a gift card to the local Subway or something like that for helping me, as a token of my apprecetation. I will also be wearing a apron and hat also. I have about 1000 recipe cards to hand out and about 150-200 twixit and 30 lbs of candy for each parade! I want to make a statement in a very short time, plus the town is pretty big!

Re: Parades
SDTeaGirl said:
I am doing a couple of Parades this year. One for the Annual Summer Fesitival where I live and another at my home town for there 125th Centennial. I made chef hats and aprons for 12 kids and they will be "little Chef's" and help me pass out recipe cards, candy and twixit's. I put all my info on the recipe cards and put on there: "Call me in the next 72 hrs and book a show and be entered in My Summer Fun Giveaway Package" Package is worth around 50-75 bucks. I also have banner's to put on a car, using my dads old time convertible. Also put my info on the banner. I can't wait to to this! Plus my "little Chef's will be getting a gift card to the local Subway or something like that for helping me, as a token of my apprecetation. I will also be wearing a apron and hat also. I have about 1000 recipe cards to hand out and about 150-200 twixit and 30 lbs of candy for each parade! I want to make a statement in a very short time, plus the town is pretty big!

You will definitely need to update us on your results! I LOVE this idea as long as it is financially rewarding!

Re: ParadesI did my First Parade this last Saturday! I did over 1000 recipe cards with my info on it, plus "call me in the next 72 hours and book a show and be entered in my Summer Fun Package Giveaway" I had people literally running after me to get a recipe card! They were a big hit! I also gave out Twix-it also. I could of easily gave out another 1000 cards! I had my mom, me, my daughter that is 8, my nephew that is 10, niece that is 12, her friend that is 13, and two younger kids like 5-7. We all dressed up as chef's, very cute! Since the festival was all day Saturday and then it was Father's Day yesterday, I haven't got any calls yet though! But I did get my Name out there! I will let you know how it goes in a couple days.

1. How do I get permission to walk in a parade and hand out information about Pampered Chef?

To get permission to walk in a parade and hand out information about Pampered Chef, you will need to contact the parade organizer or committee. They will be able to provide you with the necessary permits and guidelines for participating in the parade.

2. Do I need to purchase my own materials to hand out during the parade?

No, Pampered Chef will provide you with all the necessary materials for the parade, including brochures, business cards, and any other promotional items. Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or team leader to request these materials.

3. Can I hand out samples or product demos during the parade?

Unfortunately, due to safety concerns and regulations, handing out samples or conducting product demos during a parade is not allowed. However, you can hand out information about the products and services offered by Pampered Chef.

4. Are there any specific guidelines I need to follow while walking in the parade?

Each parade may have its own set of guidelines and rules for participants. It is essential to familiarize yourself with these guidelines and follow them while walking in the parade. This may include dress code, walking speed, and behavior while representing Pampered Chef.

5. Can I invite others to join me in walking and handing out information during the parade?

Absolutely! The more, the merrier. You can invite friends, family, or other Pampered Chef consultants to join you in walking and promoting the brand during the parade. Just make sure to coordinate with the parade organizer and follow any guidelines for group participants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies