• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Else Gottent His E-Mail???

In summary, Megan Notarte created a game called Funanigans that can enhance a Pampered Chef show. Funanigans can be a fun way to get people loosened up and laughing. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how Megan obtained my email address and I do not want to be involved in this spam.
pampered1224
Silver Member
And what do you think? I have not had a chance to take a look yet. Something ont he site is being blocked by my work place so...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Fun activity for your next Pampered Chef show
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:27:33 -0800

Hi - My name is Megan Notarte. My sister and I created a game called Funanigans that adds fun and meaning when people get together for parties such as Pampered Chef shows. Through fun and laughter, Funanigans can transform your shows and enhance sales. We recently met other consultants at the Portland Women’s Show and discovered that your clients would be well-suited to use Funanigans.

Here's how Funanigans works: each person coming to your party is sent a package of Funanigans questions and the name of the person they have been assigned as their Funanigans target (their “pick”). Funanigans questions are silly, quirky, sentimental and loads of fun. Participants prepare their answers prior to coming and once the party begins, they share their prepared responses to the Funanigans questions. Let the uproar begin! You will have a fun, jovial group ready to hear about your products.

Funanigans can be the ice breaker for your show -- a way to get people loosened up, laughing and ready to interact and hear about your great products.

Please check out Funanigans at http://www.funanigans.com /ihparties/ to learn more about the game and order your copy today.

Megan Notarte
Funanigans

I did and was wondering where they got may email from?

I was wondering that myself.I hate spam but when it is directed to my business, I really don't like it.
I can't think of anyone I gave it too other than customers and other consultants here in Wisconsin so...

I haven't received this, but it seems very pricey and I should think it would be distracting at an actual party. I know people are there to have fun, but the point is to sell...

Just my thoughts. :)

hmm, I'm thinkin a lurker got it from this site perhaps? I used to post my email in my signature but then recently took it off for this very reason!

I haven't gotten this email, but I think I will use this idea for our Christmas dinner this year with my husband's family (I am not going to pay someone for questions though--that's a little dumb). My husband gets The New Yorker and the cover depicted a troubling habit. The first picture was dated in the 50s I think and showed a family sitting down at Thanksgiving dinner engaged in conversation. The bottom picture show the same family present day with their backs turned from one another watching a football game on a flat screen tv.

The bottom picture is pretty much how his family dinners go. We stay late into the night, because they don't start talking to each other until all of the games go off. Now I am not totally against watching football after dinner; however, I do not agree to just having it on because someone is playing. Pick a team and watch that team! Sorry for that little rant!

Last edited:
I haven't gotten it myself, or if I did it went to my spam and I didn't notice it.

I got it too

I haven't received it!:p

This is how I replied:I'm not sure how you got my email address, but I consider this spam. I did not ask for this and am not looking to pay someone for questions when I already do well with my business. Please take me off your list or I will report this as spam.

I haven't received it or heard of it!!

Hmm I didnt get it, I dont want it, but the idea is kind of cute...and yes, I am going to "borrow" their concept for FREE!!! hahahahahahaha [evil laugh...]:rolleyes:

They had to get this from this site. I wish there was someway to let the potential consultants get on here but keep spammers away....i guess i can always wish...

I reported the message as spam.

cmdtrgd said:
This is how I replied:

I'm not sure how you got my email address, but I consider this spam. I did not ask for this and am not looking to pay someone for questions when I already do well with my business. Please take me off your list or I will report this as spam.

Awesome reply Kate!!

I got the email and it ticked me off - I find it pretty ballsy for someone to just snag my email address off a message board and assume I would consider doing business with them.

Thanks Carolyn!I just got her reply:
Kate,
Your email has been removed from our list. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Megan
FunanigansYou know, they might be trying to get a business off the ground, but spamming is not the way. They should have their own PC show and try to get the consultant and his/her downline to try to games for free. Then word of mouth would spread!

cmdtrgd said:
Thanks Carolyn!

I just got her reply:
Kate,
Your email has been removed from our list. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Megan
Funanigans

You know, they might be trying to get a business off the ground, but spamming is not the way. They should have their own PC show and try to get the consultant and his/her downline to try to games for free. Then word of mouth would spread!

I agree completely.

hey, lets make up our own questions here....ok, besides the shoe and the super powers....

If your pick were a car, what type of car would they be and why??

tkg - insert your answer here.....

She replied that she took me off their list, so I asked how I got on it. They aparently did a search for people who could possibly be interested. Still spam in my opinion!

Yes...and it wasin my Spam box already, I didn't want to open it, but did and figured it must be another hoax, or whatever like the last one we got so I deleted it forever!
I figured if it were true we would've heard about it at CC or cluster meetings. Look how many emails we got from PC about everything else!
Liz

pampered1224 said:
And what do you think? I have not had a chance to take a look yet. Something ont he site is being blocked by my work place so...

Hi - My name is Megan Notarte. My sister and I created a game called Funanigans that adds fun and meaning when people get together for parties such as Pampered Chef shows. Through fun and laughter, Funanigans can transform your shows and enhance sales. We recently met other consultants at the Portland Women’s Show and discovered that your clients would be well-suited to use Funanigans.

Here's how Funanigans works: each person coming to your party is sent a package of Funanigans questions and the name of the person they have been assigned as their Funanigans target (their “pick”). Funanigans questions are silly, quirky, sentimental and loads of fun. Participants prepare their answers prior to coming and once the party begins, they share their prepared responses to the Funanigans questions. Let the uproar begin! You will have a fun, jovial group ready to hear about your products.

Funanigans can be the ice breaker for your show -- a way to get people loosened up, laughing and ready to interact and hear about your great products.

Please check out Funanigans at http://www.funanigans.com /ihparties/ to learn more about the game and order your copy today.

Megan Notarte
Funanigans

I got it too but just deleted it. Sounds like I should have replied. Oh well.

I got it
pampered1224 said:

Megan Notarte
Funanigans
I recived this too does any one know who she is?

I didn't get it.

I got it and responded for them to remove me, and they wrote back the same thing as posted above.

I feel left out....:rolleyes:

They get our email addresses from this board

I got that email too... who the heck is this person?

That really bites!It is a pain to realize that no matter where you are on the internet, someone is gonna exploit that. No more e-mail address in my signature. All gone!
I am going to send her my 2 cents as well.
And yes, I asked the network guys here at work, they said if they did trolling for e-mail address from here or anywhere else and they did NOT ask your permission to send you anything, that is SPAM!!!!
Well, I just let her have it. I told her to remove me and asked how she got my address. I told her she may have been able to get us as customers as her idea is pretty good. But by using spam to reach us, she goofed. I told her something my boss once told me, think with your head, not with send.

Last edited:
I received it too. Oh well they removed me from their list.

I received this spam mail also. Definitely not something that i'd pay for.

I ALMOST feel bad but...Here was my e-mail.

"Get me off your e-mail list and I want to know how you got me e-mail address?
I do not appreciate unsolicited e-mails or SPAM. Your idea is a good one but I would not touch it now because of the unethical way you went about advertising it.
You should have contacted our Home Office instead to see if they would say something to us about it.
Too bad too. There are only 76,000 plus of us and you already have turned off a lot of consultants to ordering your product.

My boss always tells to me too think with my head, not with a send button."

Her reply:

Dear John –

Thanks for your message. I appreciate your feedback, and want to explain that we did not intend to send any spam. Our offers are real, not fake, and we didn’t buy your email address from any list or vendor. Instead, our approach was actually an old-fashioned one: we researched potential customers whom we thought would enjoy our product – like Pampered Chef consultants – and put together a targeted sales pitch. The analogy is to a cold call in the bricks-and-mortar world. It’s true that we didn’t know you, but we wanted to bring you helpful information on a good product!

I’m sorry if we offended you, but please understand that we have only good intentions, and we are not a big, monolithic company. My sister and I founded Funanigans as a family-run business, and we are trying to get the word out about our new product. As requested, you've been removed from our list.

Thank you –
Megan

So here's my thoughts. She is only doing what any one of us would do to promote our businesses if we could. But because of PC company policy, we can't. So are we more upset about the "spamming" or the fact that we can't do this type of marketing? I will be the first to admit the latter of the two is a bigger issue for me. It's just not fair. And you know that she will get alot more takers than stinkers like us.
I also looked a little closer at the idea and concept. If you are like me and work full time, something premade like this might just be cool. You can easily set a time limit ont eh game and it is a good ice breaker that is NOT PC related. I find that if I do something that is not PC related in the way of a little discussion of some sort, it makes it seem like I was not pushing PC so much. I may just. Just to see it. Crazy, yeah. Stupid, NEVER. It would only be stupid if I passed up the opportunity to maybe find some thing cool. and if it doesn't work, well, it isn't like I haven't tossed $100 dollars out the window on a newspaper ad that didn't work. So which is worse?
I'l keep you all posted.

Targeted MarketingAs a small business owner (I own an event planning company), my advertising dollars are limited so I have to rely quite a bit on targeted marketing. I attend bridal events, etc., but I have also considered purchasing direct marketing lists (comprised of people in my "key demographic"). The reason I haven't is because word of mouth is WAY more important-- and I wouldn't want to be considered a spammer or junk mailer.

However (playing devil's advocate here)-- consider that this was an email directed only to people who might actually be interested in a very specific product, not a blanket email sent to everyone in the world.

This is very similar to the way we decide which people to approach about hosting a show--we think they might be interested. I'm already scared enough about asking people to host a show, without worrying that they will tell me I have no right to ask them if they are interested, because they haven't already given me their permission to ask them!

;)

I got it too! not about to fall for that scam especially when we already have our own fun games for free!

Hmmm...maybe someone should buy it and then share it with the rest of us! The way they went about it was despicable.

My feeling hasn't changed. It was unsolicited. And I don't think its agood idea. I have one show that invited 53 people. I send out 53 of those when only a third will attend?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • crystalscookingnow