• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anybody Received Their Turkeys?

In summary, the host is VERY worried about the turkey not arriving in time for Thanksgiving, but he is still hopeful. He submitted his show 11/8 and is still waiting for his gift certificate. He plans to buy the turkey on Monday and switch it out with his friend's. The other host has already received her gift certificate.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Either as a host or guest? If so, how long did it take to arrive?

I have a host who is VERY WORRIED the turkey won't arrive in time for Thanksgiving. He scheduled the show JUST for the turkey and then moved it back a week but still closed within the weekend to get it. He wants to shop for it on Monday to do give time for thawing.

He is a friend of mine and since my OTHER host had a party that was submitted Friday morning, I'm suspecting my free turkey for doing that show will come before his. So when mine arrives, my friend can have it and we'll just switch out. For that matter, my OTHER host says that she'd be willing to lend him her turkey because she goes out of state for Thanksgiving and doesn't need it til Christmas.

Hers was shipped Saturday and his was shipped Tuesday so I'm sure they will both be fine. But I am concerned that even though this was a great promotion, it could backfire because Butterball isn't as efficient in its shipping as Pampered Chef is!

I submitted a show 11/8 and have not received my gift certificate yet, I haven't checked with the host to see if she has or not.

I have not received mine. I know that the host of my first Nov. show has received hers (last week shwe got it!), so I would have thought mine would be here too. I was hoping to go shopping for my turkeys today or tomorrow too.

I submitted my 1st 2 shows on Nov 5th.

It is supposed to be a gift certificate for $15 off butterball. I have not received my certificate yet and neither has my host.

pamperedlinda said:
I have not received mine. I know that the host of my first Nov. show has received hers (last week shwe got it!), so I would have thought mine would be here too. I was hoping to go shopping for my turkeys today or tomorrow too.

I submitted my 1st 2 shows on Nov 5th.

Linda, do you know what type of envelope it came in?

gailz2 said:
Linda, do you know what type of envelope it came in?

Someone mentioned in another thread that it was a plain, white envelope, with PC's address on the back.

NooraK said:
Someone mentioned in another thread that it was a plain, white envelope, with PC's address on the back.

yes, that's pretty much what it looked like. I want to say that the Butterball Logo was on it too, but I'm not sure.

In the PC News Wire that I read today it said that they started sending them out this week and everyone that submitted their show on or before the 15th will have their's before Thanksgiving.

Kellylynne14 said:
In the PC News Wire that I read today it said that they started sending them out this week and everyone that submitted their show on or before the 15th will have their's before Thanksgiving.

Thanks, I just read read the PC newswire...it doens't guarantee thanksgiving, just the 'holidays' ...:
NOTE: Butterball® Gift Checks for Consultants began shipping this week. So, if you earned one, you'll receive it in plenty of time for the holidays!

So may not arrive in time to buy and thaw for Thanksgiving, but definately for Christmas. I hope in time for Thanksgiving, I'm not hosting Christmas this year.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks, I just read read the PC newswire...it doens't guarantee thanksgiving, just the 'holidays' ...:
NOTE: Butterball® Gift Checks for Consultants began shipping this week. So, if you earned one, you'll receive it in plenty of time for the holidays!

So may not arrive in time to buy and thaw for Thanksgiving, but definately for Christmas. I hope in time for Thanksgiving, I'm not hosting Christmas this year.

Around here, you can also purchase Butterball Fresh Turkeys that aren't frozen....maybe that would be an option?

ChefBeckyD said:
Around here, you can also purchase Butterball Fresh Turkeys that aren't frozen....maybe that would be an option?

we can too, they are more expensive though.

pamperedlinda said:
we can too, they are more expensive though.

:eek: If you only knew how much I'm paying for my turkey... :eek:

It's being butchered on Monday, I'll pick it up on Tuesday to brine for Thursday. It's been pastured and feed organically since it was hatched. I will however also use every single part of the turkey, and definitely get my money's worth. I'm planning on about 12-16 pints of bone broth after Thanksgiving!

When I did an adjustment for the turkey I forgot on an order, I got it a week later. Unmarked white envelope with PC address on the back.

ChefBeckyD said:
:eek: If you only knew how much I'm paying for my turkey... :eek:

It's being butchered on Monday, I'll pick it up on Tuesday to brine for Thursday. It's been pastured and feed organically since it was hatched. I will however also use every single part of the turkey, and definitely get my money's worth. I'm planning on about 12-16 pints of bone broth after Thanksgiving!

I bet it will be delicious!

Yeah, I don't do turkey for Christmas. Family tradition is ham and roast beef for sandwiches which is great on the go! There's a chance I could be working that day which would be fine with me!So it sounds like a full week ... which means mine will hopefully arrive by Friday and my friend's ... I hope by Tuesday but he wants it Monday. so if mind comes Friday he can have it!

The turkey certificate came in a plain grey envelope. No return address was on the front, and it had a weird looking postage stamp. My name and address was typed in all caps. It really, really looked like junk mail. Fortunately I didn't throw it out right away, because later that day I read on CS that the "junk mail" was really a certificate. I wonder how many people threw them away by accident?

YES! They totally look like junk mail. I received two on the same day which is why I paid more attention to the envelops. I was getting ready to throw them away when I noticed the PC address on the back of one of the envelops! I've been warning my hosts to beware of it.

Thanks for that info as I do get a ton of junk mail and probably would have set it aside as well. I do not need mine for Thanksgiving but my host sure does! I will call her tonight as they said the last of them would be mailed out yesterday I think.

The envelope definitely looks like junk mail. It is not PC Stationary and they are using a presort stamp. I almost threw it out, but my host shipped her stuff to me and her turkey certificate came to me too. It had her name on it then C/O me. So I took a second look. My certificate came a day later.

I'm wondering how long they take from the date the show was submitted.

Dad calls me tonight because I called my mom looking for my birth certificate. He is looking through the mail and syas hum over the phone. I asked what? He says I have an envelope hear that looks really funny. No return address and big bold letters on it addressed to your mom, bet its garbage. I said OMG! Look at the back. Sure enough, it was her turkey in a plain white envelope! I am so glad I was on the phone with him or he may have tossed it - that is what dad does after all! He threw away a $20 rebate check because he thought it fell out of the ads and was one of those mail in thingys for insurance! Was my mom POd! Especially since it DID have her name on it! He got reamed for that and was told to NEVER throw away mail before mom looks at it. Luckily for him, she found it in the garbage can out side. Middle of February digging through garbage. He will never live that one down!

cookingwithlove said:
The envelope definitely looks like junk mail. It is not PC Stationary and they are using a presort stamp. I almost threw it out, but my host shipped her stuff to me and her turkey certificate came to me too. It had her name on it then C/O me. So I took a second look. My certificate came a day later.

Wendy, when did you get yours? I submitted my first show on the 3rd and still don't have mine. Host from show submitted on the 9th got hers today so the hosts are getting theirs in about 7-9 days it seems. But where's mine?!?

Not so sure on that as I submitted mom's show Tuesday and she has hers already. I do not have mine but... I am not feeding people with it so...

I submitted my 1st show last Friday and the second last Monday ... ALL THREE turkey checks (mine, and those of my 2 hosts) came TODAY. Thank you God ... I was worried about my friend's turkey way more than mine!

PamperedchefDaly said:
The turkey certificate came in a plain grey envelope. No return address was on the front, and it had a weird looking postage stamp. My name and address was typed in all caps. It really, really looked like junk mail. Fortunately I didn't throw it out right away, because later that day I read on CS that the "junk mail" was really a certificate. I wonder how many people threw them away by accident?

I almost threw mine away too!

I got one of mine but not the other this weekend. Should be getting two - one as a consultant, one as a host.

Wadesgirl, my host one came a couple of days after my consultant one.

Hmm...I submitted mine first show on the 8th and still have not received mine (as consultant). I'm expecting a house full of people and the only night left that I can shop is tonight so fingers crossed it comes today! Glad they are doing this promo but wish they had shipped as earned....

pattybrady said:
Hmm...I submitted mine first show on the 8th and still have not received mine (as consultant). I'm expecting a house full of people and the only night left that I can shop is tonight so fingers crossed it comes today! Glad they are doing this promo but wish they had shipped as earned....

They didn't ship them out until last week so depending on where you live from the processing plant that mailed them it may be a couple days still.

I have not received mine yet, but both of my hosts have received theirs (and today's mail is already here). :(

I called and was told mine had mailed on Nov.15. :( Hope it wasn't lost in the mail.

I haven't gotten mine, either. :(

Check today's mail. My second show was submitted Nov. 14 and the host and I got our turkeys the same day!Here's a tip you can pass on to them:
Butterball turkeys are $1.09 at Aldi's. Aldi's will not take your coupon most likely. But Wal-Mart will match their price!So ... a $20 lb turkey is $21.80
Plus 4 boxes of stove top stuffing (matching Target's 88 cent price) for $3.52
MINUS
$15 turkey certificate
$3 coupon from last Sunday's paper ($3 off a turkey and 4 boxes of stuffing, jars of gravy or crescent rolls
Equals $7.32
Minus $5 rebate from Butterball when buying a turkey, also advertised last week.By my calculations, that means I'm getting a turkey with stuffing for $2.32. Roomie and I are going to have my 'Rents over one random weekend in December since both of us go elsewhere on Thanksgiving.

I finally got mine today. My 1st Nov host got hers 2 weeks ago. I think it's unacceptable that they mailed out host coupons before consultant coupons, we earned it too, they should have been mailed at the same time.

I finally got mine today, too.

I submitted my show on 11/12, and still have not received my certificate. I'm feeding 10 people on Thursday and need that certificate! I won't be home for Christmas, so I won't have any use for it if I don't receive it tomorrow (I want to brine it on Wed.) - YIKES! Talk about cutting it close!! :(

One of my FB friends posted about cooking a turkey from a frozen state.

I have what is going to probably sound like a really dumb question but are these used as checks, liked cashed at a bank or as a coupon at the grocery store. There are no instructions on how to redeem it. Thanks for any help.

They're a coupon. Just give it to the cashier.

Thank you for the speedy reply :)

Whew--got mine today!!!!

I got one of mine today... I should have two I would think they ship together????

@Chef Becky.. When & where is dinner??? : )

I STILL haven't gotten mine! I can't wait any longer. I will just purchase one at full price. I'm SO disappointed! I turned in my first show on November 6th, too.

I think it is imperative that we all let HO know how disappointing the handling of this process was. To me, it seems that HO held all the turkey requests in a batch until the 15th, which is not very conducive to getting a turkey in time for the big day when you consider thawing time.

Got mine Saturday (19th). Turned my first show in on the 2nd.

NooraK said:
I think it is imperative that we all let HO know how disappointing the handling of this process was. To me, it seems that HO held all the turkey requests in a batch until the 15th, which is not very conducive to getting a turkey in time for the big day when you consider thawing time.

I think we should be careful when complaining about this. I don't remember them promising it would be in by Thanksgiving (although it was almost a given). And they really don't have to do anything extra for us like they do. Too many people complain they just might not do it in the future.

wadesgirl said:
I think we should be careful when complaining about this. I don't remember them promising it would be in by Thanksgiving (although it was almost a given). And they really don't have to do anything extra for us like they do. Too many people complain they just might not do it in the future.

If I remember right, I think the flyer said "Submit by the 15th to ensure receipt by the holidays" which doesn't specifically state Thanksgiving, but sure does imply it. Coupled with the Host Only item number issue, it's a very frustrating thing. I believe HO would like to have the feedback, but it should be worded appropriately:

I want to let you know that I think the Free Turkey promotion was a fantastic idea. I had a couple of hosts who were very excited by this offer. I do want to let you know, though, that one of my hosts STILL has not received her voucher, and the impression was made that if the show was submitted by the 15th (which it was), she would have the certificate in time for Thanksgiving. While technically Thanksgiving is only tomorrow, and she could still receive the voucher today, that might not allow time to safely thaw a bird, and the alternative would be a fresh turkey which is more expensive, and to a degree negating the value of the check. I would love to see promotions like this in the future, but also wanted to offer my feedback on how it might be improved.

Got our certificates yesterday..they had only name on front it does say pampered chef on the flap on the back of envelope... we closed our show the 14th.

NooraK said:
If I remember right, I think the flyer said "Submit by the 15th to ensure receipt by the holidays" which doesn't specifically state Thanksgiving, but sure does imply it. Coupled with the Host Only item number issue, it's a very frustrating thing. I believe HO would like to have the feedback, but it should be worded appropriately:

I want to let you know that I think the Free Turkey promotion was a fantastic idea. I had a couple of hosts who were very excited by this offer. I do want to let you know, though, that one of my hosts STILL has not received her voucher, and the impression was made that if the show was submitted by the 15th (which it was), she would have the certificate in time for Thanksgiving. While technically Thanksgiving is only tomorrow, and she could still receive the voucher today, that might not allow time to safely thaw a bird, and the alternative would be a fresh turkey which is more expensive, and to a degree negating the value of the check. I would love to see promotions like this in the future, but also wanted to offer my feedback on how it might be improved.

Very well worded! Like I said they do need to know things like this just with a positive spin to them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies