• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Harriet's Trifle Recipe Folder - Question

In summary, the recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of almond extract, which I used, as well as 2 cups of powdered sugar (icing sugar), which I used, and 1 cup of sour cream, which I used. I also used the mix n scraper or a whisk to mix up the 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 cups of icing sugar, 1 cup of sour cream, vanilla and almond extract. I do NOT recommend using the wisk! I always have problems getting the cream cheese blended well (often get little chunks) so I do recommend zapping the cream cheese for a bit in the microwave to soften it. I then folded in the cool whip. The recipe states that it fits in the batter
kcjodih
Gold Member
Has anyone actually made the strawberry cheesecake trifle? It states 2 tablespoons of almond extract mixed in with the strawberries. Isn't that alot and is it maybe a typo? It also states 2 cups of powdered sugar (which we call icing sugar). Is that alot as well, or does it balance nicely with the cool whip?

Also, if 2 cups of icing sugar is correct, did you use the mix n scraper or a whisk to mix up the 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 cups of icing sugar, 1 cup of sour cream, vanilla and almond extract? I hate using a whisk during the show if the mixture is going to be thick and get all stuck in there. Last question (I promise) did this all fit in the batter bowl or should I use the medium stainless steel bowl?

I've offered it (and now I'm making it I guess) for my Friday show and don't have a CLUE what I'm doing!!

I saw someone chose this as a favorite recipe under...
kcjodih said:
Has anyone actually made the strawberry cheesecake trifle? It states 2 tablespoons of almond extract mixed in with the strawberries. Isn't that alot and is it maybe a typo? It also states 2 cups of powdered sugar (which we call icing sugar). Is that alot as well, or does it balance nicely with the cool whip?

Also, if 2 cups of icing sugar is correct, did you use the mix n scraper or a whisk to mix up the 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 cups of icing sugar, 1 cup of sour cream, vanilla and almond extract? I hate using a whisk during the show if the mixture is going to be thick and get all stuck in there. Last question (I promise) did this all fit in the batter bowl or should I use the medium stainless steel bowl?

I've offered it (and now I'm making it I guess) for my Friday show and don't have a CLUE what I'm doing!!

What is your favorite trifle bowl recipe,? GOod Luck :)

also I don't think it matters what tools you use as long as you get the end results, try to use high priced items, sometimes I make the entire recipe at home and then have guests practice/play with items on table with different foods.

HTH

Liz

I have made it at three shows now. (Thanks Harriet!)

The powdered sugar (icing sugar) is correct and works out great.

I do NOT recommend using the wisk! It's WAY too thick. I always have problems getting the cream cheese blended well (often get little chunks) so I do recommend zapping the cream cheese for a bit in the microwave to soften it. I did that last time and it worked much better.

No, it does NOT fit in the batter bowl! I use the medium stainless steel bowl or the large bowl with the colander/bowl set.

And finally about the almond extract. I have NEVER used the stated amount because it's just too much. With the strawberries, I do use the stated amount. But with the "cheesecake" part, I use from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. With 1 tablespoon, guests said they could taste it but they didn't complain.

Also, I always use the pound cake. Haven't tried it with angel food.

This recipes is DELICIOUS! Good luck!

Where it calls for 2 T., I used 2 t. of almond extract. I am assuming that is a typo.

As for mixing the cream cheese mixture, I got a few little lumps the first time I did it, so next time (doing this Sat at my show) I will definately put it in the microwave to make it really soft, mix it with a whisk to get all of the lumps out, and then whisk in the sour cream and extract. Then you could change to a scraper to mix in the powdered sugar (2 c. works!) and then fold in the cool whip. BTW, I reserved a little bit of the cool whip in the EAD and then added some decorative stars on the top around the edge, in the middle, and then topped it off with a strawberry fan. Beautiful!

I made my own "poundcake" by adding an extra egg and a small box of pudding to a yellow cake mix. (Also added some of our vanilla and some almond extract....2 t. each) and baked it in the stoneware bar pan. Only needed about 2/3 of the par pan worth of cake cubes. If you have the medium SA bowl, use that to hold your cubes in till ready- it looks really nice! (Fill it ALL the way up and heap it up in the middle and that should be enough for both layers of cake!)

This recipe was soooooooooo good! Everyone was impressed with how easy it was and how yummy it was!

Thanks SOOOO much Liz, Debi and Kelly!!!:D :D

Between income tax I"m trying to get finished ;) ha!, a realtor coming over tonight, my day job and being the mom of two with extra activities I'm not going to have time to practice so I was really sweating it!

NOW, I can breathe!!

Hugs!

Pink Strawberry Trifle for MayI was experimenting with some trifle ideas thinking that I would love to offer a "pink" show in May to go along with our Help Whip Cancer products...I used strawberry cake mix (and made 2 8-inch cake layers), pink Strawberry Cool Whip (only available seasonally...I found it at our Walmart Supercenter), sliced strawberries, and Jell-O White Chocolate pudding (or vanilla). I layered these ingredients twice in that order and ended with more Strawberry Cool Whip (I used about 12 oz. total). It was so delicious. It made a bit extra than our Trifle Bowl would fit but it looked great...and pink!

Cara said:
I was experimenting with some trifle ideas thinking that I would love to offer a "pink" show in May to go along with our Help Whip Cancer products...I used strawberry cake mix (and made 2 8-inch cake layers), pink Strawberry Cool Whip (only available seasonally...I found it at our Walmart Supercenter), sliced strawberries, and Jell-O White Chocolate pudding (or vanilla). I layered these ingredients twice in that order and ended with more Strawberry Cool Whip (I used about 12 oz. total). It was so delicious. It made a bit extra than our Trifle Bowl would fit but it looked great...and pink!

Another alternative for the cake, would be to color an angel food cake with some red food coloring to make it pink!

I must not be looking at same Recipe......As my recipe calls for Angel Food cake and it also doesn't call for 2 TBLS of ALmond Extract.

So I'm confused.

Thanks,

Lisa

I searched and found the original booklet by Harriet, here is the recipe that I had copied from there:

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
As my recipe calls for Angel Food cake and it also doesn't call for 2 TBLS of ALmond Extract.

So I'm confused.

Thanks,

Lisa
Did someone fix the typo on your recipe?

This has been a hit for my shows twice:) The first time though, all the filling wouldn't fit in the trifle, so the second time I made half as much & it was fine. Also, since strawberries have been so expensive, I've used frozen sliced ones. If they're already sweetened, you don't add the sugar, and the juice soaks up into the cake.

Good morning, all!

I just corrected the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle recipe in my copy of the book, and decided to post it for you. I modified the book a little - organized it by Chocolate, Fruit and Other, and then alphabetized the recipes within each section.

I hope you find this helpful.

Attachments

• TrifleBowl.doc
    416 KB · Views: 480
i've not made the strawberry trifle, but did make the cappacino chocolate trifle this past week, YUMMY!!! fast, easy and very good! looking for a new trifle recipe to do this week.....any other suggestions?

We had the Toffee Brownie Trifle at our cluster meeting this week. It was as good as the cake Sex on the Beach. I don't have that recipe I have just eaten it. Very easy to make.

Thanks, Ann!
chefann said:
Good morning, all!

I just corrected the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle recipe in my copy of the book, and decided to post it for you. I modified the book a little - organized it by Chocolate, Fruit and Other, and then alphabetized the recipes within each section.

Thanks Ann. I've been meaning to find time to fix my booklet and to break it down and alphabetize it and haven't had the time. I truly appreciate your doing this! I am so happy that it is getting so much exposure!:)

What about the refrigeration part?Do y'all make the trifles and serve them immediately? I'm sure it does taste better the next day, but does it spoon out and serve ok if done right away?

Val Bishop :)

I usually make it and refrigerate it for at least 2-3 hours before serving. My leftovers did taste better the next day but I think it depends on what recipe you are doing. I made the Raspberry Trifle--so good!!!!!!

KellyTheChef said:
BTW, I reserved a little bit of the cool whip in the EAD and then added some decorative stars on the top around the edge, in the middle, and then topped it off with a strawberry fan. Beautiful!

Kelly, thanks soooo much for all the tips with this recipe! You mentioned you've made it a few times at shows. Does it taste alright served right away or do I need to refrigerate it and do whatever for a while? Also, you mentioned you added some cool whip stars - is that on top of the already white top cream cheese layer? If so, did it still show up nicely? It states to garnish with remaining strawberries - how? I'm sooo not creative :eek: Just layer the slices around and around until I get to the middle? Or place a few slices here and there? HELP!!

Oh Harriet...I can't wait for my tirifle bowl to arrive now (suppose to be here on 3/24) so I can try all of your delicious recipes! I guess it is a good thing I am still seeing my trainer :)

kcjodih said:
Kelly, thanks soooo much for all the tips with this recipe! You mentioned you've made it a few times at shows. Does it taste alright served right away or do I need to refrigerate it and do whatever for a while? Also, you mentioned you added some cool whip stars - is that on top of the already white top cream cheese layer? If so, did it still show up nicely? It states to garnish with remaining strawberries - how? I'm sooo not creative :eek: Just layer the slices around and around until I get to the middle? Or place a few slices here and there? HELP!!
Yes, I did the cool whip stars on top of the cool whip/cream cheese mixture...they showed up fine....I did some of the stars around the edge, and then did about 3 stars right in the center. Do you know how to make a stawberry fan out of a whole strawberry and the egg slicer? The strawberries we used were HUGE, so I just made one fan and stuck it into the stars in the center. If they were smallish, I would have done 2-3 to put into the center. That's all I did, and it looked very nice. I didn't put any other slices around...I used all of the slices in the layers!

If you don't know how to do a fan...let me know- it's very easy and guests always are SOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed!

BTW, I made it and then it sat out while I finished talking about new products/cookware/etc... and it was delish! I think it may actually taste even better once it has sat for a while, but there is no problem with doing this as a demo and eating it right away!

Last edited:
jasonmva said:
I can't wait for my tirifle bowl to arrive now (suppose to be here on 3/24) so I can try all of your delicious recipes! I guess it is a good thing I am still seeing my trainer :)

Thanks, Jason. There's no way I am going to try them all:D I haven't shown my husband the booklet on purpose--he's got a very big sweet tooth!

Enjoy your trifle bowl and let me know what you think of it!:)

pamperedharriet said:
Thanks, Jason. There's no way I am going to try them all:D I haven't shown my husband the booklet on purpose--he's got a very big sweet tooth!

Enjoy your trifle bowl and let me know what you think of it!:)

At this rate i will be lucky to have ANY teeth left :)

I think we can get dental coverage through the Consultant insurance. :)

chefann said:
Good morning, all!

Thanks so much Ann! This was on my 'to do' list.....you just saved me a bunch of work! Now, will come and organize my son's play room? hahahaha

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks so much Ann! This was on my 'to do' list.....you just saved me a bunch of work! Now, will come and organize my son's play room? hahahaha
Only if you come and clean/organize my whole house!
:D

Harriet or someone, can you please bump up the original thread for you booklet, somehow I missed it!

never mind, I just found it in the files section. Thanks Harriet!

Your welcome, Heather!

chefann said:
Good morning, all!

This is so great! Thanks so much for doing that. This is such a good website. I should probably set a timer, though.

kcjodih said:
I hate using a whisk during the show if the mixture is going to be thick and get all stuck in there.

Why not try the mix 'n mash? I think it would work great.

Karen Hodge said:
Why not try the mix 'n mash? I think it would work great.
I really can't wait to get that Mix 'N Mash. I was thinking it would mash up avocados nicely. Anyone try that?

Related to Harriet's Trifle Recipe Folder - Question

1. Has anyone actually made the strawberry cheesecake trifle?

Yes, many people have made this recipe and have had great results. It has been a popular dessert at parties and potlucks.

2. It states 2 tablespoons of almond extract mixed in with the strawberries. Isn't that a lot and is it maybe a typo?

The 2 tablespoons of almond extract may seem like a lot, but it is the perfect amount to give the strawberries a delicious flavor. It is not a typo.

3. It also states 2 cups of powdered sugar (which we call icing sugar). Is that a lot as well, or does it balance nicely with the cool whip?

The 2 cups of powdered sugar may seem like a lot, but it balances well with the other ingredients. The cool whip helps to balance out the sweetness and create a creamy texture.

4. Did you use the mix n scraper or a whisk to mix up the 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 cups of icing sugar, 1 cup of sour cream, vanilla and almond extract?

You can use either the mix n scraper or a whisk to mix the ingredients. The important thing is to make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature for easier mixing.

5. Did this all fit in the batter bowl or should I use the medium stainless steel bowl?

It depends on the size of your batter bowl. If it is large enough to hold all of the ingredients, then you can use it. Otherwise, it is recommended to use a medium sized stainless steel bowl to ensure there is enough room for mixing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies