• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happy Thanksgiving to All Canadians: A Warm Wish from Us

In summary, Thanksgiving in Canada is a national holiday celebrated on the second Monday in October to give thanks for the harvest and gather with loved ones. Canadians celebrate with a large feast, similar to Americans, and participate in traditions such as going for a walk and watching the Thanksgiving Day parade. The holiday dates back to 1578 but was officially declared a national holiday in 1879. Thanksgiving is a secular holiday in Canada, with a focus on giving thanks and spending time with family and friends. Traditional dishes served at a Canadian Thanksgiving feast include roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and various pies.
rennea
Gold Member
Just wanted to wish all my fellow Canadians a Happy Thanksgiving:thumbup:

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!!

Forget the diet for today - it'll still be there tomorrow. :p

Ah, that is why my cousin went to Canada this weekend (besides to propose too...).

Oh Happy Thanksgiving all you guys!!!

Happy Thanksgiving To My Fellow Canadians!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY! - gobble gobble

Happy Thanksgiving To All!!!

Happy Thanksgiving - maybe I should celebrate with you - pumpkin pie all around!

Happy Thanksgiving! I agree pumpkin pie all around.

Happy Thanksgiving! Would you believe that your T-giving day is in my divorce papers? :) My ex-h is Canadian & wanted it put in that if he ever moved to Canada that my DD would get to travel there for Thanksgiving... :)

PS - I always loved that it was different than ours... we got two Thanksgiving meals (we usually traveled for 12 hours to the IL's for the weekend (left Friday night, came home Monday!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am Turkey logged..... whew.... can't move...

1. What is the significance of Thanksgiving in Canada?

Thanksgiving in Canada is a national holiday that is celebrated on the second Monday in October. It is a time to give thanks for the blessings of the harvest and the preceding year. It is also a time to gather with family and friends and enjoy a traditional feast.

2. How do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving?

Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in a similar way to Americans, with a large feast featuring dishes such as roast turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. Many families also take part in traditions such as going for a walk, watching the Thanksgiving Day parade, and participating in community events.

3. What is the history behind Thanksgiving in Canada?

The first Thanksgiving in Canada dates back to 1578 when English explorer Martin Frobisher held a thanksgiving celebration for surviving his journey to the New World. However, the modern Thanksgiving holiday in Canada can be traced back to 1879 when it was declared a national holiday by the Canadian government.

4. Is Thanksgiving a religious holiday in Canada?

No, Thanksgiving is not a religious holiday in Canada. It is a secular holiday that is celebrated by people of all religions and backgrounds. The focus is on giving thanks and spending time with loved ones.

5. What are some traditional dishes served at a Canadian Thanksgiving feast?

Some traditional dishes served at a Canadian Thanksgiving feast include roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and apple pie. Other popular dishes may include sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and various vegetable dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • chefann