• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happy Pesach to Fellow Jewish Cheffers – Join Me for a Sedar!

I don't work on the Sabbath, but I have plenty of other days to work. I try to avoid big shows on the Sabbath because it really takes away from the celebration. I try not to work on the Sabbath, but if I have to, I just mark it off on the calendar. I don't keep kosher, so that is not a problem.
ChefLisa
To all my fellow Jewish Cheffers,

I hope each of you have a very Happy Pesach!

I will be at my Mom's home for our Sedar. One of these days I will convince her that we should hold the Sedar at my house.

Enjoy!
Lisa

I am not Jewish, but would like to wish all of you Happy Pesach. Years ago when I cooked in a Diner, the owner who was Jewish, had her son, myself & her make a Sedar in the restaurant, which she closed for the day & invited about 20 steady customers. What a WONDERFUL expierience. She had a wonderful recipe for her Matzo Balls, the Kugel,Brisket,Candied Carrots etc....EVERYTHING was Great!!:D

Same to you Lisa! I won't be able to be with my family but will be there in spirit and through the phone! Enjoy your seder!

I'm not Jewish myself, but Happy Pesach. Can anybody fill me in on what it is, why is this day celebrated?

Never mind just asked DH, we always call it Passover, didn't know the other name for it.:)

Happy Happy Passover.....
I am going home for the first time in a few years for Passover and am very excited to share this with my son. :)

That's awesome Andrea, where is home? So happy for you. I miss the family dinners that used to be huge!

Lisa be careful what you wish for. LOL. I now have responsibility for 2nd night seder and it is a lot of work. This year I'm cooking for both seders. First night will be 5 of us and 2nd night will be 4 - I can't believe how much work it is even for a small number. Although not nearly as bad as the 1st year I did the seders I had 20 guests coming for each seder - talk about crazy.

May everyone have a happy passover/pesach and survive a week on matzah.

I know this is an old thread. However we are creeping up on Passover... And I was wondering a thing or two.

How do you avoid shows on the Sabbath? Are you completely open by saying I can not work during this time or do you just mark it off on the calendar. In our family, we hold Sabbath at actual sundowns, so this usually (except in summer) cuts both fridays and saturdays off the list. Big show days, from what I understand.

Also, do you require those who book with you to maintain Kosher standard?

Thanks! ~Tiff~

Tiff,

I'm not Jewish, but I'm REALLY good about controlling my calendar. I only let people know about the days I am able (read "willing") to work and this may change from month to month or week to week.

As far as "big show days", I don't ever work on Friday and only work the occassional Saturday morning and my business is going great!

Thanks! Just one of my many fears... :0)

Hi Tiffany!

I am not very religious so I do work some Friday nights and Saturday mornings. However, I do suggest just not making those days available.

Also, I do not keep Kosher so that is not a problem.

Sorry I am not of more help.

Related to Happy Pesach to Fellow Jewish Cheffers – Join Me for a Sedar!

1. What is "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!"?

"toFellow Jewish Cheffers!" is a community and support group for Jewish chefs who are also independent consultants for Pampered Chef. It provides a space for members to connect, share recipes, and discuss their experiences as both chefs and consultants.

2. How can I join "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!"?

To join "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!", you must be an independent consultant for Pampered Chef who identifies as Jewish. You can request to join the Facebook group, which is the main platform for the community, and answer a few questions to verify your status as a consultant. Once approved, you will have access to all the resources and discussions within the group.

3. Is there a cost to join "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!"?

No, there is no cost to join "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!". It is a free community created for the purpose of connecting and supporting Jewish chefs who are also Pampered Chef consultants.

4. What are the benefits of being part of "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!"?

Being part of "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!" allows you to connect with other Jewish chefs who are also Pampered Chef consultants. You can share recipes, ask for advice, and discuss strategies for growing your business. It is also a great source of support and motivation as you navigate both your culinary and entrepreneurial journeys.

5. Can I still be part of "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!" if I am not Jewish?

No, "toFellow Jewish Cheffers!" is specifically for Jewish chefs who are also Pampered Chef consultants. However, there are many other independent consultant communities and support groups available for non-Jewish consultants. We encourage you to join those groups and connect with other consultants in the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • missyciccolella
  • General Chat
Replies